Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Various retextures - modders resource

Default Re: Various retextures - modders resource

I managed to make them random with moon,sun and star each having additional variant, though I would prefer to have different ones depending if it is variant with lord or without, if anyone has ideas please post them.
    Last edited by kelembribor21; January 06, 2019 at 08:26 PM.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

1) OIn my mod, I have "generic" dragons, when recruited in most regions, and a specific version just for Caledor, which are stronger. So these kinds of variants could be interesting for that.

2) I don't see a problem with making the mount different from the generic dragon

You are right, in my testing when editing only dragon mesh definitions ( only riderless have random textures) while all mounted have vanilla ones.
    They have 2 separate definition for mounted and "feral" dragon.
    I will post it as resources maybe with one additional more purple tinted dragon for Dark elves.

I added two new Black dragons textures one dark purplish and other inspired by dragon Bryagh , it is bit problem when adding random variants that wings and body are separate in definition file ,so that will be needed to check.

Patrician Artifex

have a look at the definition of the Wilwood ranger: they can hood, or not.... You can define your variants to have randomness, but force the wings and body parts to always go together

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    have a look at the definition of the Wilwood ranger: they can hood, or not.... You can define your variants to have randomness, but force the wings and body parts to always go together
    I tried using thing like this in definition file and the models are invisible:

<VARIANT_MESH> <SLOT name="head" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/VariantMeshDefinitions/kel_bdragon1.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/VariantMeshDefinitions/kel_bdragon2.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/VariantMeshDefinitions/kel_bdragon3.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

Two of the defs are modded and one is for vanilla black dragon (kel_bdragon1.VariantMeshDefinition)

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="body" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/dr1/def/def_black_dragon/def_black_dragon_body_12.rigid_model_v2" >
    <META_DATA>audio_entity_type:wh2_hef_dragon_large_black</META_DATA> <META_DATA>audio_armour_type:body</META_DATA></VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="wing" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/dr1/def/def_black_dragon/def_black_dragon_wing_12.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

I just added one for lord and one without rider and it removes vanilla version, if anyone can make proper definition files I would be grateful.

Here is the DOWNLOAD LINK ( it is pack file "@@deco_kharib_color" with Vargulf and HE dragons included)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vgnp7...olor.pack/file

There also seems to be strange issue , glow of Dragon eyes seems to be lacking , which wasn't the case when simply replacing vanilla texture without adding definition files, it looks like dragons have one discoloured eye and it effects even Seraphon , but considering his files are separate is strange, High elf dragons with same things done are unaffected.

UPDATE

When editing dds body file small part near the eye iris texture is misty and greasy texture when copying eye texture it has different effect, though Lokhir and Malekith's dragon still have that effect but their eyes glow .

It is really odd, in any case here is DOWNLOAD link with that change:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/43u75...olor.pack/file

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by kelembribor21; January 11, 2019 at 07:36 AM.

Currently I was experimenting with Ice weapon/shield textures and had done retexture of Winterheart Guards Ror for Asrai.

Last edited by kelembribor21; June 03, 2019 at 07:05 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Nicely done

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thread moved from the Warhammer 2 Battle Map Modifications forum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Currently I am slowly messing with Minotaur Marked regiments:

Plan to have Khorne wear Gorebull armor , with more bronze elements, Nurgle will have darker rust metal elements with some ooze and more rotted look, Tzeench needs mostly matching some colors and fixing weapon and sigils, Slaanesh will have deamonette feel with scars and using Two handed Bludgeons.
    Last edited by kelembribor21; July 16, 2019 at 06:22 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on a well-deserved award

Thank You!

Latest version of Minotaur textures, Some gorebull elements don't fit quite with minotaur model files. so I made two version of heads for Khornebulls.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 19, 2019 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Spoilers added.

I uploaded latest version of 4 Minotaur regiments textures and Wood Elf Ror .
    Minotaurs I was using with Beastmen Evolved mod, even though not updated it was working at least in custom battles, if it has issues than new mod with those units would need to be made.

Link on Mediafire complete with edited rigid files, and variant definitions.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Please don't forget to use spoilers when uploading pictures. It helps with page-forum loading time, especially for users who use Data and tablets, smartphones, etc
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 19, 2019 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Updated.

In progress 4 ror's for High elves:

Revenants of Khaine
    Spire Guard of Tor Yvresse
    Knights of Alabast
    Dragonspine Princes
    Last edited by kelembribor21; September 23, 2019 at 02:38 PM.

I finalized Rors for High elves reskins for :
    Revenants of Khaine
    Spire Guard of Tor Yvresse
    Knights of Alabast
    Dragonspine Princes
    Handmaidens of Everqueen ror (Warhammer online) and Young Nobles (Doomfire Warlock head reskin which has issue of neck being tied with their body, in my screens doomfire body with neck is beneath high elf prince torso, maybe someone finds some use for them)

Thanks to Steph ! for allowing me to use awesome scale mail for Spire Guard.
    Some decals are imported from art of Warhammer Online.

Download link with variant files ( I have used High elf glory mod as base for moding these units)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/66lz9...ors_II.7z/file

Screenshots:

I added two shield textures for Yvresse Mistwalker regiments and 2 variants of Archmages Heavens and Fire with alternate red/blonde hair and blue/hazel eyes for version. Rigid files and definitions are included in mediafire zip file LINK.

Previews

Quote Originally Posted by kelembribor21 View Post
    I am currently messing around with adding one additional texture for each type of High elf dragon, not sure how can it be done so they don't be random in each battle though, maybe use different mesh for mounted and unmounted dragon type.

First is influenced by Draugnir, other by art of Caledor dragon mage , and last one will be kinda whitish (like Viserion in Asoiaf).

Would you mind posting the file that have the dragons? Thank you for your time. The old links are dead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast