Thread: Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings, Ogres, Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs, Sylvania, Nurgle and da Greenskinz)

Artifex

Default Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings, Ogres, Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs, Sylvania, Nurgle and da Greenskinz)

Hello all,

I made some unit cards for my dear rats and the tomb kings which I am sharing with anyone interested, see the attached preview. Agent cards are also included.

To install, download "BotET Unit Cards Mod.7z" attached to this post, unpack, open and paste the "ui" folder into ...Medieval II Total War\mods\BOTET\data and overwrite as requested. It is compatible with saved games.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BotET Card Preview3.jpg   BotET Card Preview.jpg   BotET Card Preview2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maltacus; November 16, 2019 at 01:48 PM.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Default Re: Unit Card Mod (Skaven and Tomb Kings)

I just love unit cards sub-mods!!

ps: you should consider making a small tutorial, your unit cards always look more realistic, top notch work!
    Last edited by Jivaro; May 21, 2018 at 11:40 AM.
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Artifex

I just love unit cards sub-mods!!

ps: you should consider making a small tutorial, your unit cards always look more realistic, top notch work!
    Thanks! Nice to hear!

These are my older ones for the vanilla CoW, they will work the same for BotET:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ome-More/page2

I will add them here in time as I finish everything faction by faction as I play them. It will be slow though.

A tutorial is a great idea, I'll add it to a long list of great ideas taking up my limited spare time . There is a bit of discussion in my Third Age unit card mod (the first I made, where it all began with the old fountain guard which I still think turned out great):

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Potatoes-added

Some few important things though:

1. Love and fondness for the faction. I have longed to play the skaven and tomb kings for years and Ostland is my favourite imperial faction with its stylish look and exposed position. It is no coincidence that their stuff are among the best I have made for this mod. I made over the greenskins cards (not all finished) in earnest only after having finally figured out how to add myself and my girlfriend as goblin chieftains.
    2. A good battlefield. It is absolutely essential for some styles to find the right cliff or slope, and not least the proper light.
    3. Proper light. What is right for one faction or unit ruins another, but different light may make them look apart and detract from the faction as a whole. Put glittering armor in the shade or with the sun at the back.
    4. Cheat. Your goal is a good card, not an accurate resizing of the screenshot. Alter width or height, paste a shield or weapon from another soldier, select small areas and change brightness, change the hue of all blue in the picture to brown to avoid dots from parts of the sky...
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).

I think I already have most of your cards, thank you very much!
    In my opinion your best work are the Karaz Ankor cards, my all times favourites! In my BotET build, I'm using them and the Asur ones, must check the others.
    Some units/factions have changed, as you know, the Druchii models have been all changed, in one of the last CoW updates, and the Skaven will be overhauled in a near future, see the previews on the BotET moddb page.
    May I dare to suggest, for a future release, an unit card for the Leadbelchers, one of my favourite unit ( Ogres with hand cannons, what's not to like?), the one in use it's of an old model, just a suggestion but I would really apreciate that. Thank you for sharing your work!

Artifex

My druchii unit cards fit the models in BotET, except for the sorceress but there the difference is pretty minor.
    The ogres are interesting indeed, I might play them next. It will be interesting to mod their stats as well and try to balance their size and strength with numbers and costs (I'm overhauling that as I play as well as unit cards, I was particularly pleased to figure out a formula to calculate chariot stats for the tomb kings for example). Leadbelchers are absolutely their coolest unit.
    The lizardmen are also a candidate, dinosaurs are awesome (at least the common saurus armor stats are easy to figure out - of course equivalent to..scale mail! ).
    Last edited by Maltacus; May 22, 2018 at 03:33 PM.

This is my formula for the Ogres, numbers and stats, making use of the Blacksmith on Large mode:

Ironguts bodyguard 10 units (5 and a officer), stat_pri_armour 13, 12, 0, metal, armour_ug_levels 4, 5
    Sabertusk 30 units (soldier null, 16, 16, 1.0) square insted of horde, stat_pri_armour 8, 6, 0, flesh, stat_cost 2
    Yhetee 10 units (5 and a officer), stat_health 8, stat_pri 22, 14, stat_pri_armour 12, 16
    Gorgers 20 units (soldier 11), stat_pri_armour 8, 10
    Gnoblars, no change
    Ogres 20 units (10 plus 2 officers), stat_pri_armour 9, 8, 2 , armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    Rhinox Riders (sabertooth_ogre) 10 units (5 and a officer) , stat_health 6, 6 , stat_pri_armour 13, 12, 2 , armour_ug_levels 4, 5
    Man Eaters 20 units (soldier 11) , stat_pri_armour 9, 10, 2 , armour_ug_levels 3, 4
    Butchers 10 units (5 and a officer) and a "little" nerf on ammunition from 80 to 30
    Hunters 20 units (soldier 11) , a nerf on ballista_bolt from 12 to 8 , stat_pri_armour 9, 10 , armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    Firebelly 10 units (5 and a officer) , 100 of range
    Ironguts 20 units (10 plus 2 officers) , stat_pri_armour 13, 10, 2 , armour_ug_levels 4, 5
    Leadbelchers stat_health 6, 6 , stat_sec_armour 10, 10

Ogre Barracks 1: Gnoblars, Ogres
    Ogre Barracks 2: Gorgers, Man Eaters
    Ogre Barracks 3: Ironguts
    Ogre Barracks 4: Firebelly, Leadbelchers

Ogre Stables 1: Sabertusk
    Ogre Stables 2: Rhinox Riders
    Ogre Stables 3: Yhetee
    Last edited by Jivaro; May 24, 2018 at 08:29 PM.

Artifex

Interesting! Let's continue stats discussions in another thread (I just made one) to keep this one on topic. Drop by and tell how you calculate those numbers
    Last edited by Maltacus; May 25, 2018 at 03:06 AM.

Really great work! Much needed love for the Skaven, also my favorite to play
    Thanks a lot.

Artifex

Happy to be of help

EDIT: The ogres are added. Kind of an experimental style to show how huge they are.
    Last edited by Maltacus; June 01, 2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    This is my formula for the Ogres, numbers and stats, making use of the Blacksmith on Large mode:

Ironguts bodyguard 10 units (5 and a officer), stat_pri_armour 13, 12, 0, metal, armour_ug_levels 4, 5
    Sabertusk 30 units (soldier null, 16, 16, 1.0) square insted of horde, stat_pri_armour 8, 6, 0, flesh, stat_cost 2
    Yhetee 10 units (5 and a officer), stat_health 8, stat_pri 22, 14, stat_pri_armour 12, 16
    Gorgers 20 units (soldier 11), stat_pri_armour 8, 10
    Gnoblars, no change
    Ogres 20 units (10 plus 2 officers), stat_pri_armour 9, 8, 2 , armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    Rhinox Riders (sabertooth_ogre) 10 units (5 and a officer) , stat_health 6, 6 , stat_pri_armour 13, 12, 2 , armour_ug_levels 4, 5
    Man Eaters 20 units (soldier 11) , stat_pri_armour 9, 10, 2 , armour_ug_levels 3, 4
    Butchers 10 units (5 and a officer) and a "little" nerf on ammunition from 80 to 30
    Hunters 20 units (soldier 11) , a nerf on ballista_bolt from 12 to 8 , stat_pri_armour 9, 10 , armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    Firebelly 10 units (5 and a officer) , 100 of range
    Ironguts 20 units (10 plus 2 officers) , stat_pri_armour 13, 10, 2 , armour_ug_levels 4, 5
    Leadbelchers stat_health 6, 6 , stat_sec_armour 10, 10

Ogre Barracks 1: Gnoblars, Ogres
    Ogre Barracks 2: Gorgers, Man Eaters
    Ogre Barracks 3: Ironguts
    Ogre Barracks 4: Firebelly, Leadbelchers

Ogre Stables 1: Sabertusk
    Ogre Stables 2: Rhinox Riders
    Ogre Stables 3: Yhetee
    This seems more reasonable than they are now.

Never done much with WH but decided on giving it a chance using the Tomb Kings. But Ogres seem very unbalanced as a faction. Their Ogre unit just rek my Ushabti despite my Ushabti being triple the upkeep (1000 upkeep let alone the 5k recruitment) and coming way later down the line. I've even seen these guys take on direct catapult hits and shrug it off. The only that can be done is trying to break their morale, which is pointless if your units end up dead way before that happens.

Do you have an EDU where you've rebalanced the Ogre faction to the way you've got them listed here?

Artifex

Default Re: Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings and Ogres)

Stay on topic, please!

Keep unit stats discussions here instead, that's why I opened the thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...stics-sytem(s)

Or you can send a PM to Jivaro if you're worried he won't see your request otherwise.

Default Re: Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings and Ogres)

Splendid work on the Ogres, the Leadbelchers look more menacing then ever, and very good taste on the Ninja to represent the Maneaters
    Got to spread more love around before I rep you again

By the way, do you use ReShade on your Med2? If you never heard of this before, search for ReShade.me, later I can share my preset with you. Totally obligatory!!!
    This is the age of the Injecters!

Artifex

Default Re: Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings, Ogres and Dwarfs)

Nice to hear, especially since I was unsure about the close-up style. I also think the leadbelchers turned out good, as did the firebellies and most of all the gnoblars. I am not as satisfied with the ironguts, maybe I will remake them when I play the ogres. Very hard to work with with their pale skin and black plate.

Now the dwarfs are added. Some unit cards are the same as in my old unit card mod but most are new. The dual wielding slayers are shown in "after battle" condition when their hair has been blown to a tangle, hehe. I have not edited the great beer unit card but I added it to show how it fits in with the rest.

No, I don't use ReShade. I looked it up but I don't really understood what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltacus View Post
    No, I don't use ReShade. I looked it up but I don't really understood what it does.
    Sorry for the late reply, I'm having problems with my old pc , anyway this a image ingame without ReShade:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2018-06-11 02-08-54.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	353737

and this is what it does:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2018-06-11 02-09-23.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	386.8 KB 
ID:	353738

Just for curiosity I use an older version of ReShade with a Preset addapted from Guild Wars 2, look for tutorials, loose some hours reading... mandatory!

Artifex

I changed the searching to Reshade and Medieval II and found HaHawks tutorial ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...in-Medieval-II ), that was much clearer than the general discussions of the application.

It looks quite interesting, I'll probably try it some day (when I have more time to spare). I don't think it will affect how I work with unit cards very much though, because that will still require a lengthy hassle to deal with the shrinking of the part of the picture I use and occassionally some cutting and pasting of details from other pics.

Artifex

Default Re: Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings, Ogres, Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs)

Chaos dwarfs and their greenskin minions are added now.

Artifex

Default Re: Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings, Ogres, Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs and Sylvania)

Bats are cute creatures.

Artifex

Default Re: Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings, Ogres, Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs and Sylvania)

Green is mean!

Note that the diplomat is a goblin netter since diplomats esnare enemies in complicated diplomatic treaties that they can't get out of.
    Last edited by Maltacus; November 05, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

Artifex

Default Re: Unit Card Mod (Skaven, Tomb Kings, Ogres, Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs, Sylvania, Nurgle and da Greenskinz)

Green is unclean!