View Poll Results: Shall the candidate be awarded Citizenship?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 92.59%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Artifex] Don_Diego (Patron: 'Gunny)

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default [Artifex] Don_Diego (Patron: 'Gunny)

My Bit

Hello. It's been a long time since I last brought forward a member for citizenship, but as they say, good things come to those who wait. Today's good thing is Don_Diego, a modder who helps me in my quest to ensure every DEI team member gets their name in red. Since before the release of DEI 1.0 four (holy crap) years ago, Diego has been working with the DEI team to ensure the unit textures are done well and that factions look solid. In addition to his submod that sparked his initial invitation to the DEI team, he has worked on every major DEI overhaul since 1.0, from 1.0s units to the soon to be released Carthage overhaul. This includes a large amount of animation work that has been a huge part of recent DEI updates. He has additionally aided me and Dresden in the past through his help with Fall of the Eagles, our mod for Atilla. While not a primary member of the FotE team, Diego was very helpful in the early stages of the mod with ensuring the unit colors and textures matched the themes we were going for. Don't take it just from me, as Dresden has this to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    I have worked with Don_Diego for the past few years on Divide et Impera, our overhaul for Rome 2. First and foremost, he is a very kind and generous member of the forums who always treats others with respect. He is also someone who takes modding seriously and works tirelessly on his projects.

For DeI, Don_Diego has done a large amount of work spread out over multiple updates and many years. He is almost solely responsible for our Roman Auxiliary system with around a hundred specially designed units from specific locations that change based on the reform period. He also helped design and implement multiple parts of our naval overhaul. He has been a major contributor and creator for a lot of unit content, the extent to which I probably can't even remember at this point. From Baktria to Rome to Carthage, he has been a foundational part of a lot of the unit assets and implementation in the mod. Another area he has worked on is providing new and varied units for every smaller faction in the game (which is a huge task) along with creating custom generals for most of the various factions and cultures. He also recently overhauled our animations and was a pivotal part of creating all new animation looks and designs in one of our most recent updates.

He is a very talented and multifaceted modder who has been a critical part of DeI for years now. He is also an upstanding member of the forums who helps others, responds/fixes issues for players and always has a positive outlook - which can be rare nowadays. Don_Diego is a valued member of this community and I fully endorse his application.

In the end, Diego's work for DEI speaks for itself. Furthermore, he represents the quintessential TWC experience. From coming to TWC to get mods, to making mods of his own and eventually becoming a vital member of one of the largest modding teams on TWC Diego has proven to be citizen material and should be recognized for his contributions to the modded Rome II experience.

His Bit

Introduction

Hello TWC Citizens! I have been a long-term member since 2009 and a fan of the total war series since Medieval and Rome 1. My first experience of TWC and using mods was with Europa Barbarorum and Roma Surrectum for Rome 1 and these mods very much inspired me to start modding when Rome 2 was released, to create the same historical details I enjoyed in these earlier mods. I became more active in the forums once I started modding Rome 2.

Modding Experiences

As a fan of the Divide et Impera Mod, I started my own “Improved Roman Auxiliaries” submod for Rome 2. I researched and created a large range of unique auxiliary cohort units. After releasing this the DEI team invited me to join their team and my submod was integrated into the main mod.

Following this, I have worked on DEI over 5 years as one of the main “texture, unit and model” team members and also worked on unit animations and other visual changes to the mod including the campaign map, unit descriptions and faction descriptions.

A lot of my work was behind the scenes unit reworks, but some of my main contributions to DEI include:

DEI 1.0 Unit Polishing

Roman Auxilia Overhaul

DEI 1.1 Naval Overhaul - (ship models and marine units)

DEI 1.2 Bactria Overhaul

DEI 1.1 and 1.2 Battle Animations

And recently DEI 1.3 Qarthadastim overhaul, and other work in progress for the future 1.3 update.

Summary

I have greatly enjoyed modding Rome 2 and especially working with the other members of the Divide et Impera team. They have inspired me to continue modding and being part of the TWC community has been incredibly rewarding. It would be an honour to be considered as a citizen, and I thank you for considering this application.
    Last edited by 'Gunny; May 20, 2018 at 03:01 PM.

Default Re: [Artifex] Don_Diego (Patron: 'Gunny)

As a fellow modder, i know the hard work of creating units (such as ship models). And the detail is superb. Support from me.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Support.

Well, it has been about 4 years since your last one. That one was just a silly youtuber, named DarrenTotalWar.

The modding work is impressive. Definite support!

But of course, 'Gunny has brought to the attention of the Curia Dresden, EmperorBatman999, Tango, and Magnar. I'll say he knows a thing or two about modders.
    Last edited by PikeStance; May 23, 2018 at 05:29 AM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Support.

Support.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Full support from me!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Support.

Support.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Obviously support

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

support
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Easy support.

But of course, 'Gunny has brought to the attention of the Curia Dresden, EmperorBatman999, and Magnar. I'll say he knows a thing or two about modders.
    My patron does indeed have standards, though to this day I'm still not sure what he did with them when he patronised me .

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Poll added

Voted.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Voted. Easy support. Diego is one of the most talented people I have worked with.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

voted
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Voted...

Voted.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

As to be expected from a modder his own paragraph is considerably shorter than the verbose essays debaters tend to write for applications.

It serves him well here, though, as puts all the more emphasis on his modding work. Easy support.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast