Thread: HELP / Some tips/hints for isengard campaign

Icon5 HELP / Some tips/hints for isengard campaign

Hello guys, i am new here, and i want to learn to play. Recently i downloaded the Third Age mod, and i have started with Isengard campaign. Can someone give me some tips please? And.. i want to know how can i recruit Uruk-hai Infantry/ Pikemen. Thx

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: HELP / Some tips/hints for isengard campaign

Hi ZeeRyy, Welcome to the TWC forum.

For Isengard, you might want to look at this THREAD. There probably are more to be found here, but I will leave it to you to find them, if you still need more info.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: HELP / Some tips/hints for isengard campaign

I haven't played as Isengard in a long while.

I think some of their higher quality units only come after a scripted barracks event (similar principle for most other factions).

Isengard is an infantry-focused faction, and one of the few evil factions that is truly surrounded by enemies from the start.

Strategically, you'll want to quickly take out the neighboring good factions which pose the greatest risk to you (Rohan is usually the most obvious threat, Silvan Elves or Gondor will usually be next in terms of priority). It's not a faction that can afford to hang back and slowly build up. Quick, blitzkrieg style campaigns are the best option for Isengard campaigns.

Tactically, you'll want to play to your armies strengths (namely very good infantry, with some okay cavalry that can work in a pinch). Against cavalry factions (Rohan), build up good anti-cav armies (pikes/spears, crossbows, warg riders) to eliminate the field armies; the settlements and their garrisons should fall relatively quickly. Against more combined armies (elves, Gondor, Eriador) your goal is to quickly get into melee combat with the enemy army (berserkes, Uruk warriors are good for this purpose). You will take casualties (especially against the elves) but you have decent infantry, large numbers, and you should prevail with basic hammer and anvil tactics. Do everything in your power to avoid getting sniped by elven arrow fire; its very deadly, and if you endure too many casualties from it, you'll find that your troops will be bogged down, or outmatched, by the elven infantry. Rush into combat as quickly as possible when dealing with those kinds of ranged armies.

The Isengard armies are well-suited to slug fests; they thrive in close combat. You may take some decent casualties against high tier enemy armies (especially the elves and dwarves), but you should be able to prevail with good tactics and picking your battles carefully.