Thread: Any way to fix this bug?

Default Any way to fix this bug?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Any way to fix this bug?

Hi Patrunjelu, welcome to TWC.

For some reason, your post is completely empty. What seems to be the problem?

Thread moved from Rome: Total War General Discussion.

Hey, I've no clue why it's empty, I do remember writing the post in its entirety. Anyway, here's it again:

I've attached a screenshot of the issue.

The idea is that sometime during the middle of my campaign I THINK I ordered a trireme to be built in Osca. What resulted was a broken ship that I could not move and a general on water on the same stack.

1. If I try to move the ship I cannot even though I see the movement shadow. I can try to MERGE it with other ships, but then the game crashes.
    2. If I try to move the general to shore, it becomes obvious that he's an SPQR general. If I try to kill him, the game crashes. If I eliminate SPQR the old fashioned way, the game crashes, since, I assume, the general also gets destroyed. If I use give_regions on SPQR, the game also crashes.

I'm completely stumped here. I think the only real solution would be to edit the save file and remove the general from the game that way, otherwise the game will always try to destroy the broken general and crash.

I'm a bit annoyed by the bug because this is my first Total War campaign attempt, but not too much. I'm already ready to start a new one as Brutii but if anyone could help me fix this it'd be very appreciated. The original campaign is with the Julii and I was just about ready to take SPQR out of the game.

My latest save file in case anyone wants to experiment with the bug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6wd21j0f3afvbi/mygr2.sav
    An older save file, also with the bug there: https://www.dropbox.com/s/unoj4kvmdbgs5u0/britsdead.sav
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180520192305_1.jpg  

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

First time seeing a bug like this.What happens if you just leave him there to die of old age ? The game crashes again ?

I haven't tried it, he's only 42 so he'd probably outlive the rest of my campaign, were I able to continue without taking SPQR.

I'd expect him to crash the game if he died of old age but I can't be sure. It seems anything that messes with their "identity" (both for the general and the broken ship) crashes the game, so merging, defeating, defeating faction etc.

I tried to mess with the save files to my limited knowledge's extent but there's just no way I can reverse engineer all this and the obvious stuff failed to make the game even load the save. I haven't seen a save file editor that has functionality for removing armies...

Instead of removing him maybe I could change his faction so he's mine, that way I can just keep him around, though at that point, I'd be getting a timer — finish the campaign before the dude dies of old age But again this means changing the save file so I'm out of luck.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

The only thing i can suggest is to try to finish the campi
    aign in some way and then do a complete uninstallation and installtion of the game.