Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

It looks great. I am hype despite HoI IV being a little underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Nice to see the map extends to India and Central Asia, and that it's not going to be too Rome-centric. Be good to give this a try, but I'm quite content getting my fix from Jade Dragon in the meantime.
    The game is set in 304 BC. Antigonos the One-Eyed is still living. The devs decided it would be more fun with the Diadochi Wars still going on.

Dev Diaries for Imperator:Rome have started on Mondays

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-2018.1101600/

CK2 diaries have moved to Fridays

Good news is that Imperator:Rome is designed to be a major Paradox strategy title and all that implies.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Anyone want to be it will be even more casual-fied than their last release? Paradox seem to be in the belief that abtractonb can solve all their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    Good news is that Imperator:Rome is designed to be a major Paradox strategy title and all that implies.
    In other words, temper your enthusiasm and wait at least a year and a few expansions before buying the whole package on discount.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    In other words, temper your enthusiasm and wait at least a year and a few expansions before buying the whole package on discount.
    Yes it's an approach that's worked for me as it largely avoids any upsets that might follow otherwise.

The scale of this game is massive. To quote the developer diary.

"Let us quickly compare how Sicily have been depicted in our previous games, as this is where we’ll take a look today.

• Eu2 had 2 provinces
    • CK2 has 5 provinces.
    • Eu4 has 3 provinces
    • HoI4 has 9 provinces

In Imperator, Sicily has 23 cities (provinces in previous games), and 4 impassable mountain range areas."

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-2018.1103329/

...I mean what could possibly go wrong on software released at version 1.0?

Does anyone know when the game starts and ends? Is it all B.C., or will it extend to CK2's earliest start date (700s)?
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

The starting date is 304 B.C.

I do not know when the game ends. It will certainly span a lot of time. If not in vanilla then with DLC as CK2 dlc largely extended the time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Does anyone know when the game starts and ends? Is it all B.C., or will it extend to CK2's earliest start date (700s)?
    Ends in 30 CE

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Ends in 30 CE
    Really? Then how do I connect it with CK2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Really? Then how do I connect it with CK2?
    Speculating here. I don't know if it's possible some one could make a unofficial converter. I'm sceptical how successful a task it would be. There's a reason why there is an official converter from CK2 to EU4. The two games overlap timescale wise and you are condensing your holdings including your interpersonal realtionships into a coherent nation state to play in EU4. So from going from I:R to CK2 you expanding on the content in I:R to provide a series of interpersonal relationships in CK2.

Depends if they do an expansion starting into the collapse of the Western Roman empire. I doubt whether they will as has been stated before they are only going to be concentrating on the one start date as it's easier to develop as the data from Steam shows that the majority of players only use the starting date in other titles. I suspect this is largely becuase of achievements as much a shaping an empire from the begining.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I thought Paradox's grand goal is producing a multiple series that can convert between each others?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    The starting date is 304 B.C.

I do not know when the game ends. It will certainly span a lot of time. If not in vanilla then with DLC as CK2 dlc largely extended the time frame.
    Ends in 30 CE
    I have a feeling that they're going out of their way to avoid the 7th century.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Warning possible game wonkyness alert

Under the new Unit toggles this struck me.
    "Phalanx - Slower movement for armies, while heavy infantry defence is much stronger." It's an abstraction and not being in phalanx 100% at all times irl. Though I can't help reading it as such.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-2018.1113625/

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Imperato just looks like a reskin of EU4 tbh from the dev diaries.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

^ They added pops so it looks like some more of the dynamic from vicky so not so Eu4. In any case as long as I can mod in a democratic Athens that survived the Lamina war, allied with an Independent Thessaly and a 3rd Aegean sea league, Paradox will get my dime.

That said the pops look like they are going to high micromanagement, although that was in fact the case kinda why Caesar got the knife. I'll be interested to see if the 4 known types are modifiable or flexible enough to make not Rome look more like themselves.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Release date is April 25th.

Personally I'm hesitent to get it within the first year let alone pre order it. Not that it's going to be a dumpster fire from the previews i've seen. I'm far used to getting them when they've had a few more years development and some expansions behind them. The pre order bonii are pretty meh tbh.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is it worth pre-ordering? I'm only playing because I want to play a Persian faction and the Cholas.

Release date is April 25th.

Personally I'm hesitent to get it within the first year let alone pre order it. Not that it's going to be a dumpster fire from the previews i've seen. I'm far used to getting them when they've had a few more years development and some expansions behind them. The pre order bonii are pretty meh tbh.
    Paradox you know what you are getting from the get-go. All preorders give you some sort of a "DLC" though they are more careful in not branding it that way (unlike CA). Like CA, the game will have some bugs to work out. How quickly the DLCs come out is anyone' guess. If you are planning on buying it anyway within a year, you might as well preorder it. The discount policy would not see a huge drop in place within a year. It takes a few years for the base game to drop in price as well. If you fancy the added content and you are planning on buying within a year, you might as well pre-order it. If you are on a tight budget and you can wait two or three years, then you can get everything at a reasonable discount.

Personally, the game looks great, but right now I have EU4, CK2, Vic2, Stellaris, and HoI4, plus TW games. I do not have the time to play the ones I want and I hardly have anywhere close to having all of the DLCs for them. I am no rush to buy it because I won't have the time to play it. So, money wise, I will make off like a bandit when I do. If you have the time, though, you won't be screwed pre-ordering if you like the "extras."

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    Is it worth pre-ordering? I'm only playing because I want to play a Persian faction and the Cholas.
    If you pre order there are two version of the game.

Normal edition has the Epirus flavour pack

Deluxe version has both the Epirus and Hellenistic flavour pack. also wallparper and a digital art book

Epirus flavour pack contains
    - Unique Army Model for Epirus
    - Unique Ship Model for Epirus
    - Special Epirote Monument
    - 6 Event Chains
    - One new music track

Hellenistic flavour pack contains
    - 4 New Army Models
    - 4 New Ship Models
    - Special On Map Monuments
    - Six Hellenistic Flavor Events
    - Alexander’s Body Event Chain
    - New Event Art
    - New music

Both of these DLC will be on sale after the game at a later date as were previous games bonus dlc were. They are not really going to effect you if you play as a Persian faction or Cholas.

If you also own EU4 you get a unit pack for the Romans and if you preorder you get the use of this when you link your steam and paradox accounts to each right from the start now.

If you get from Steam you can currently until feb 11th use their Lunar sale offer you get £5 off the pre order price.

Other than that there's no real benifit to preordering unless you want to play the game on release.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Personally, the game looks great, but right now I have EU4, CK2, Vic2, Stellaris, and HoI4, plus TW games. I do not have the time to play the ones I want and I hardly have anywhere close to having all of the DLCs for them. I am no rush to buy it because I won't have the time to play it. So, money wise, I will make off like a bandit when I do. If you have the time, though, you won't be screwed pre-ordering if you like the "extras."
    I'm totally with you on this time to play is the big deciding factor. I have EU4 except Dharma, CK2 except Holy Fury, Stellaris except Mega Corp, HOI4 minus Man the Guns, I don't play much Vic2 and also over Christmas I picked up City Sklines except Mass Transit, Parklife and Industries. I don't really play much TW these days. I alternate which one to play as I go along. All these titles I have bought much later at a discount with the resulting dlc discounted as well. Only Distant Stars and Jade Dragon I pre ordered. I don't think the games looks or feels bad it's just whether I want to save £5 if I preorder the basic version now.

I will probably get it on release. However no pre-order for me. It is a matter of principle.

I too feel a sort of fatigue concerning Paradox. I have all their grand strategy games since CK2 and most of their DLC. I still have a lot of fun with them so Imperator have my curiosity. On the opposite I took some distance with TW games and I only buy them long after release when there is a 50% discount.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast