Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

In other words a successor of EU Rome? To be fair EU Rome always has high position in my gaming list due to it is only game that allows you to manually enslave people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

I now have the reason to stop buying those childish historical games made from CA. Hello to proper economy, population, and diplomacy management. And goodbye to "Total Crap War".

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post

In other words a successor of EU Rome? To be fair EU Rome always has high position in my gaming list due to it is only game that allows you to manually enslave people.
    Even better in Stellaris you can eat them....

Looking forward to the release of I:R

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    I now have the reason to stop buying those childish historical games made from CA. Hello to proper economy, population, and diplomacy management. And goodbye to "Total Crap War".
    You can pick up EU Rome quite cheap when it's on sale as it currently is
    Last edited by herne_the _hunter; May 20, 2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    Even better in Stellaris you can eat them....
    Na you cannot manually capture slaves through raid and war.

I heard Conan Exile can though.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This looks good.

Thye video sucks. Paradox made it you had to visit the forum to get any real information about the game

The masters of historical strategy have returned to the days of legions and legends. Paradox Development Studio is happy to announce Imperator: Rome, an upcoming grand strategy game set in the classical world from the glory days of Athens to the establishment of the Roman Empire four centuries later. Rule any nation on the most detailed Paradox map ever stretching from the Pillars of Hercules to the far reaches of India, allowing you to build an empire to dwarf that of Alexander. Govern republics or monarchies, balancing the factions, and keeping the loyalty of your most capable generals.

Imperator: Rome’s features include:

Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
    Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen, and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.
    Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
    Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.
    Different Government Types: Manage the Senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
    Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!
    Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
    Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads, and defenses to make your kingdom stronger and richer.

Imperator: Rome is scheduled for a 2019 release.

It looks like they added the population mechanic from Victoria.
    They seem to have given you a more control of basic tactics as well. We will have to see.

Seems like a mix of various Paradox games. I once played an EU4 mod set during the Roman era, it was pretty nice but understandably limited and poorly-implemented. Maybe this game will do it right. Screenshots:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/19/17...ome-windows-pc
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

sry no 3D real battles

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Even though I was among the chief clamorers for a Rome 2, to the point where I got kicked off the forum for a while, I will not buy this at all. Given Paradox' recent dlc whoring and half-assed game releases (stellaris, hoi 4) it will be 4-5 years before the game is even playable much less actively enjoyable (hoi 4 is still broken after 2 years)
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I agree. Paradox produces skeleton games now. IMHO, I am too terribly pleased with the "lack of development" of Stellaris. It took several dlc/ expansions before they added the features from Walking Tiger. I have so many games I have no played a lot that I am no rush to buy anything now.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    Thye video sucks. Paradox made it you had to visit the forum to get any real information about the game

The masters of historical strategy have returned to the days of legions and legends. Paradox Development Studio is happy to announce Imperator: Rome, an upcoming grand strategy game set in the classical world from the glory days of Athens to the establishment of the Roman Empire four centuries later. Rule any nation on the most detailed Paradox map ever stretching from the Pillars of Hercules to the far reaches of India, allowing you to build an empire to dwarf that of Alexander. Govern republics or monarchies, balancing the factions, and keeping the loyalty of your most capable generals.

Imperator: Rome’s features include:

Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
    Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen, and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.
    Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
    Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.
    Different Government Types: Manage the Senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
    Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!
    Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
    Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads, and defenses to make your kingdom stronger and richer.
    Sounds like EU Rome + CK2 + EU4; judge from the map it also seems possible to export data into CK2.

Definitely hyped for this one.
    I'm still hoping for a Victoria III announcement in the near future though.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Even though I was among the chief clamorers for a Rome 2, to the point where I got kicked off the forum for a while, I will not buy this at all. Given Paradox' recent dlc whoring and half-assed game releases (stellaris, hoi 4) it will be 4-5 years before the game is even playable much less actively enjoyable (hoi 4 is still broken after 2 years)
    Very true. HOI4 is a casual jokefest too.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    If HOI 4 is an example of a broken game till this date, then I do not even know what a broken game even means anymore. Till now HOI4 is receiving continues updates and content, which will go on for more several years the same as they do for their other games.

Then we have Rome 2, which was only given a year of guaranteed patch support and still the AI goes nuts when attacking the city of Rome.

This is not my understanding. People complained about the game on release and then complained that the first two DLC were not really needed. Waking Tiger is the first big changes that people were asking for.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    This is not my understanding. People complained about the game on release and then complained that the first two DLC were not really needed. Waking Tiger is the first big changes that people were asking for.
    Yep. It was a community ''based'' DLC, people were asking for it and PI delivered it.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Only took theM eons but really tho.....

VICKY 3

ING WHENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW MUCH TEARS MUST WE SHRED OR CHILDREN YOU MUST DEVOUR PARADOX????? HOW MUCH BLOOD SHALL BE SPILLED???!!!!

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Nice to see the map extends to India and Central Asia, and that it's not going to be too Rome-centric. Be good to give this a try, but I'm quite content getting my fix from Jade Dragon in the meantime.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Looking forward to this. Pitched as a merging of the best aspects of EU4 (diplomacy and empire management), Victoria 2 (population and economy dynamics) and Crusader Kings (characters), if executed properly it could be their best game yet.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I peed myself a little when I saw it, absolute cant wait for it
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast