• Medieval England

12 63.16%
  • YATS

7 36.84%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Final Runoff

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Final Runoff

I don’t understand what you want Sky. You have permission to edit WOTR’s rules to better fit your setting. There’s not much else to be done, aside from convincing others more able to do the work in such a project to do it. But you don’t do that by telling them they owe you that, you do that by constructing an argument as to why it would be good and hoping that they agree. If not you can always do it yourself, it seems rather fair, but I’m honestly not sure what you’d like.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Remember that 'Shed' is essentially just (A) resource and space management, and (B) local delegated ToS police. There's no actual requirement that says they have to do what active RPG users want them to do, nor do they have any mandatory calling to appease them.

The fact that the RPG moderation has more or less tried to run the section as an informal plebiscite over the past few years is mostly to try and keep creativity aimed at the most popular ideas for best success. The fact that the moderation (admittedly in the past anyway) has been largely composed of the usual mods for different games is because successful game runners = potential guidance moderators for the section.

Still, the point I tried to make is: if we're going British isles, why not try to be original, at least. If Scotland is beyond the borders of what is feasible, ok, so be it. But at least let's try to pick an agreeable setting for everyone, particularly one that tries to follow the standards we set ourselves with the first Wotr; which, btw, only Barry seems to remember I worked on it heavily, despite my available time wasn't that good.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

There's nothing stopping anyone here from copy-pasting WOTR's rules and editing them into a Scottish spin-off proposal. The problem that I think is mostly being illustrated is having moderators (a team, not just one shouldering the entire game with a team of inactive moderators) to run the game, who want to run the game.

All Shed does is check and gage the interest and viability of proposals (example of failure - GSTK revivals, GoT revivals). These polls don't actually mean anything. Go ahead. Create a nice Scottish proposal. If you have enough players and a *convincing* case - you'll get the space.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Perhaps a thread could be created to see if there's enough support for a Scottish setting in this community. And as well as who is willingly to help with the rulesets and moderating such a game. Now we've three people voicing their support for a Scottish setting out of ten who voted Medieval England in the poll, perhaps there's not even enough support within the medieval 'community' for a Scottish setting and an English one is preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    it is difficult even for people with experience, I've hit yet another roadblock on BP and I don't know how to resolve it. As far as it being time consuming, yes it is and always will be. As for interest, it seems that there may be enough interest to make a Scotland game viable, but there seems to be no interest in creating it. I'llleave you with this thought though: it is far easier to garner interest in something that is ready to play, and that is why YATS is coming back. Within an hour I'm ready for character registrations.
    Yes, and sometimes the status quo should be changed or otherwise settings will become stale if they are overplayed, like GSTK or GOT.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; May 20, 2018 at 05:26 AM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Alright, I'll begin picking apart WOTR's rules then and seeing what we need/what we don't.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

I for one I don’t want a Scottish setting, I’m keen on 1066 England.

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Yes, GSTK is not going to return though
    Veritas Temporis Filia

I believe this thread has served its purpose.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfus View Post
    I believe this thread has served its purpose.
    With my vote I think it has yes.

Indefinitely Banned

What is this game?

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Panther View Post
    What is this game?
    First of all, welcome to the RPG forums!

This is just a poll to determine which would be a more popular option for us to go with. As it turns out, it's kinda unnecessary because we're about to have both of the options presented anyway.

If you mean 'what is the RPG forum', well it's the TWC forum for play-by-post roleplaying games. These days we're mostly doing games that begin in a historical period and reflect the events and personas of that period with varying levels of accuracy (typically dependent on how much or how little we want to stick to the real-life history), though there's at least one smaller-scale Lord of the Rings game ongoing too.

Indefinitely Banned

Hm, okay. Can I join that Lord of the Rings game or is it to late to join it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234