• Medieval England

12 63.16%
  • YATS

7 36.84%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Runoff

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Final Runoff

Stooges? This isn’t so grand conspiracy man, mods do this for fun - they aren’t here to do what you (or anyone else really) wants them to do. You can’t expect people to devote hours of work toward something they don’t want. Btw no one said Gandy had to be the head mod for a medieval game, but he’s the only one willing and able to do it.. unless you, or Oz, or Della want to step up?

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

I could care less about how positively you took my bare suggestion . I've suggestions before and been shot down. Honestly I don't care - what I'm complaining about is the absolute lack of reason and debate. I'm well aware of how this forum used to work. Clearly - from reading what's been written so far - those rights and liberties no longer exist.

Default Final Runoff

Ok, what rights and liberties have been taken away?

Also I’d rather not have to remove any more insults so could you just refrain from actively breaking the TOS please?

So it is reasonable, in your estimation, to force people to develop a ruleset for a game you suggest and then to moderate it so you can play it. Suggestions are cheap, if you want something make it and bring it to the table. If it isn't garbage it might be chosen.

Here we see a poll, a poll in which Medieval England is the resounding winner, despite the fact rules must be adapted. A very tentative suggestion was out forwards to be shouted down as if it were GTSK, then you ask what's changed? Lol.

And the point of suggestions, Pontifex, is to see how many people are interested. Only a few in Scotland, but as we can see from the poll, clearly more in England than in Rome.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

I happen to agree with the shed in this instance. You guys want to role-play medieval Scotland than you should come up with the rules yourselves, its unreasonable to expect the shed to create games on your demand.

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

So you acknowledge that England won, not Scotland, yet you're still pitching a fit? Interesting.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

I mean i'd just like to play something else than YATS or Medieval England at this point, its been overdone for now in my humble opinion. And yes i know other settings require work but im willingly to help granted i am not alone with this. I mean the world is larger than just rome or London.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Default Final Runoff

I’m happy to run a medieval England game alongside YATS if there is demand for it; the playerbases don’t seem to overlap massively. However I will need some assistance.

EDIT: I appreciate that, Della. Nothing is stopping the creation of such a setting, so I don’t see why people can’t develop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary The Quene View Post
    I mean i'd just like to play something else than YATS or Medieval England at this point, its been overdone for now in my humble opinion. And yes i know other settings require work but im willingly to help granted i am not alone with this. I mean the world is larger than just rome or London.
    So develop something, nobody is stopping you from doing that

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The setting I was developing didn't get player support so whatever. I might make something if I get inspired again. Might not. As is I have very little care for talk of other settings. Talk is cheap lets see if any of you are willing to back it up with action. I'm quite happy to play Rome for now.

I acknowledge that the winning result was a medieval England game set in the 11th-13th centuries, so I suggested a game with an extremely similar set of rules requirements to England - which would create no more work than England - to see if it would be acceptable... The only person pitching a fit is you.

And it's not like the poll results stopped you anyway. Nice to know some things never change.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; May 19, 2018 at 06:41 PM.

Come up with it yourself. Stop demanding someone else do the work for you.

Gandy and LM said I could run YATS regardless of the outcome - it is amazing what privileges are conferred by developing your own games which gather players who want to play them. I know, it is so unfair.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Yes but the issue is i dont have any experience in making rulesets and developing a game alone is far too time consuming, hence why i'd like help and see if there's even interest. Why bother if there's no interest?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Quote Originally Posted by Mary The Quene View Post
    Yes but the issue is i dont have any experience in making rulesets and developing a game alone is far too time consuming, hence why i'd like help and see if there's even interest. Why bother if there's no interest?
    it is difficult even for people with experience, I've hit yet another roadblock on BP and I don't know how to resolve it. As far as it being time consuming, yes it is and always will be. As for interest, it seems that there may be enough interest to make a Scotland game viable, but there seems to be no interest in creating it. I'llleave you with this thought though: it is far easier to garner interest in something that is ready to play, and that is why YATS is coming back. Within an hour I'm ready for character registrations.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

We aren't locking down any debate, nor has anyone banned talk of making proposals without prior Shed approval. Really all that's been said about the Scottish proposal is that those interested in it should maybe develop the rules themselves, we won't stop you. I haven't heard BF or Oz or Gandy or Lucius saying you can't use the WOTR rules they worked on as a base, certainly I haven't said that in regards to the parts I contributed, so there's a perfectly serviceable foundation to start from.

Yes, it is amazing what privileges are conferred upon such a... Noteworthy character...

Oh, no wit, just sheer incredulity.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Sky

You are not getting anywhere with this line of argument. Feasibly we have 2 rule sets that can be readily adapted to play, and have enough interest/moderator support to run them. YATS is already getting made so this poll is essentially moot. That leaves some form of an England game left to develop, a game that the moderators are willing to develop.

These moderators are doing this on their own time for the community. They own you no obligation and are free to develop things as they see fit. If you disagree you are free to work to develop an alternative, anyone that wishes to help is doing so of their own volition. People may or may not be interested in what you come up with, and it is their choice if they wish to play.

TWC does not owe you anything, the RPG section does not owe you anything, and furthermore neither do I.

Acta, Non Verba
    Chesser
    Last edited by chesser2538; May 19, 2018 at 07:10 PM.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast