12 63.16%
  • YATS

7 36.84%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Runoff

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Final Runoff

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    We're aware, but if the Medieval setting wins then we can choose, can't we.
    I'm not seeing why we shouldn't be able to choose if the medieval setting wins. Scotland is perfectly feasible despite some minor changes in the rules, we even have a map for it.

Also this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary The Quene View Post
    Will the Shed decide by themselves or through voting by poll?
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; May 19, 2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

And I assume you’re going to be making these changes then?

And what’s the point in using a poll if you’re not going to follow the mandate

Aha,

I'll be glad to help for a Scottish game if others are also willingly to work on it. I am not going to work on those changes alone, thanks.

As for the latter, perhaps we didn't follow the mandate because we were merely presented with two options?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Yeah and I’m not working on it alone either.

Well if you have other ready made games now is the time...

Good for you.

There aren't and thats not the point here. Settings like Scotland though not ready made can be made through tweaking the currently available rulesets, the more people willingly to work on it the faster it is finished.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

You are more then welcome to work on Scotland rules Della nothing is stopping you.

Have you actually read what i have said?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Yes, and you are more then welcome to do the work to make the rules fit Scotland. No one is stopping you.

I have just said a few posts above that i am not going to work alone on rule changes if others are not willingly to work on it too. Plus i don't even know if there's interest for a Scottish setting save for Skylord and Oznerol who have voiced their support.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; May 19, 2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comments
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Then see if Oz and Sky will give you a hand.

Yes, Trot. Thanks for the advice.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

So we're now prohibited from even mentioning choosing new settings unless it's supported by the 'in' crowd.

Quite frankly, the setting of early medieval England was suggested - I suggested Scotland in literally the same time period. I mean, the Normans were the nobility of Lowland Scotland as well as England. There's no more work in adapting WotR rules for Scotland than there is for England.

This forum is overrun by canker. A Scottish medieval game was suggested - rather than put forwards any reasonable complaint, the authority on the forum - who were going to adapt a very similar medieval anyway - are what? Are refusing to do rules? Are refusing to mod? What the is going on here.

The hallmark of this forum was always quality, always good, friendly and sound mods. It's overrun now by blatant obstinacy and stupidity.

I didn't offer up the Witcher as a response to medieval England in this poll - I offered a very close example as a suggestion. It's literally the same period in two countries that always had great similarities. If you don't like it, that's fine, don't like it. The attitude here is ridiculous, with the laissez-faire, it all temperament.

If this is the way it's going to go, then archive the whole ing forum and just be done with it.

Because, Skylord, for any medieval game I’ll be doing the lions share of rule writing and moderating; not a criticism, many of Shed and others are just too busy to lend a hand. Even for an earlier medieval game the rules will have to be gutted and or altered substantially, and I don’t think it’s feasible that all of the work required is to be placed squarely on my own shoulders. If there are people who want to help, then fine, but currently for a medieval setting there are very few around to shoulder moderation duties.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I do not understand why people that head the forum should be required to mod or create rules for what a segment of the player base wants? If you’d like a Scottish setting why not put your hat into the ring to mod it and/or create the rules?
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; May 19, 2018 at 06:16 PM.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    It's overrun now by blatant obstinacy and stupidity.
    Yeah, well, that's like, your opinion, man.

It is hours of work to research a setting and alter rules. Running a game means dedicating more hours of your time to seeing it function. To see a successful game moderators need to do lots of work outside of the game. In the end as I have said a game requires moderators to function, and if you are going to complain about not getting games you want try your hand at making rules and moderating a game. It's a lot of freaking work, that is required to getting a proper game running. If there is not the mod support for a game it will not succeed.

Shed: Ok guys here's what we have on offer to play, please pick your favorite between Rome or England

"No we want a Scotland game"

Shed: Alright so we don't have rules ready for that and we haven't even considered that or even heard that suggestion before now, so who is going to help write them?

"WE WANT A SCOTLAND GAME HOW DARE THE SHED STONEWALL US LIKE THIS RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!1!1!"

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Final Runoff

Quite frankly, Gandalf, you took the duty upon yourself. Give it up of you don't want to do it. Notably you didn't throw your dummy out of the pram over England.

As for you, Perry, the only way to discover exactly what percentage of the player base wants what is to ask them - which is what I did. I'm not sitting here saying Scotland or bust - like some people did with GoT - I'm offering a similar suggestion that is no extra work than the England suggestion in an effort to sound out if there was interest. Obviously, because I'm not one of the inner circle stooges, such efforts were unwelcome.

What we have on offer is the game you obsess over and a medieval England setting that needs adaptation to work. Scotland - in the exact same period - was suggested because it required no more work than the England setting.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; May 19, 2018 at 06:30 PM.

Who should replace Gandy in servicing your RPG needs? Do you have a suggestion for who should serve you?

Okay so you’re complaining that I didn’t receive your proposal positively when I have very little knowledge on or desire to play medieval Scotland

And for the record, I didn’t even vote for England

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast