Thread: Question on Performance

Default Question on Performance

So I already know that Attila isn't the best for performance, and I haven't played this mod since like one of the earliest closed alphas you guys did. I'm just curious if the mod has mad any performance improvements or anything relating to performance gains or issues.

I have upgraded my PC by "light years" since I played that closed alpha, so hopefully, I will run it perfectly.

Regardless, you guys have created a great mod and I hope it becomes a huge success if it is not already.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Question on Performance

Performance is difficult since it's related to so many separate things. I can't say if it has improved over the course of development. One thing to be aware of however - the city map Carthage and surrounding is known to stutter. This is specific to that map and not a performance issue in general. So don't be discouraged if your first battle runs poorly, should you pick Rome or Carthage in your first game.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Performance is difficult since it's related to so many separate things. I can't say if it has improved over the course of development. One thing to be aware of however - the city map Carthage and surrounding is known to stutter. This is specific to that map and not a performance issue in general. So don't be discouraged if your first battle runs poorly, should you pick Rome or Carthage in your first game.
    Thanks for the heads up

What are your guys’ specs?

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

The number one problem when it comes to performance on any TW game is still, I believe, number of unit entities on the field. So, having increased unit sizes certainly is not going to help performance when playing this mod. I assume you can still reduce sizes in the Video options, which is the very first thing I'm gonna do when I download the mod.
    DEI unit size in Rome 2 works a bit better because Rome 2 performs almost twice as good as Attila, this game however...

To give you an idea, I used to play Attila with everything on low (minus model textures, that was on high) with a 660Ti, to get about 40 fps average. When I bought the 1070, I gained about 5 to 8 fps more with everything on medium (minus model textures, that was on ultra), with a graphics card that is at least 4 times more powerful. That's the awesome optimization Attila has.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

I heard a rumor that they were going to make rome 2 and Attila 64 bit compatible. is this true?

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    What are your guys’ specs?
    CPU Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler - Corsair - H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    Motherboard - Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Video Card - EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    I heard a rumor that they were going to make rome 2 and Attila 64 bit compatible. is this true?
    Not sure. Would be amazing if they decide to do so. Would that cause big issues for you guys? (like a long update process)

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Let's hope they don't charge that as DLC.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

For me, having a standard PC from 2012 is working perfect... and I think Attila with AE mod works even better for me xD

I have no claim for permormace, runs perfect!!!

From my limited (as of now) experience with Ancient Empires, I'd say it runs better than vanilla Attila, especially in messy situations. Which makes sense, because most of the assets AE uses are much inferior in quality compared to Attila.
    Just look at the textures of shields, armor and (especially) helmets.
    You really can't compare, which is fine though, since the mod is meant to take advantage of Attila's improved features rather than graphics.

I wouldn't mind a graphic overhaul in the future though

Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Mark View Post
    From my limited (as of now) experience with Ancient Empires, I'd say it runs better than vanilla Attila, especially in messy situations. Which makes sense, because most of the assets AE uses are much inferior in quality compared to Attila.
    Just look at the textures of shields, armor and (especially) helmets.
    You really can't compare, which is fine though, since the mod is meant to take advantage of Attila's improved features rather than graphics.

I wouldn't mind a graphic overhaul in the future though
    I definitely agree with you, possibly a sub-mod just in case those who don't have good pcs can still enjoy.

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)]i Have a ddr 3 8 Gb Ram Pc with GTX 670 geforce and Intel I 5 -3570 with 3,40 ghz

What are the best Settings for me?
    [/COLOR]