Thread: Medieval 2 Total War: Grand Campaign for Mac - Battle field problems

Default Medieval 2 Total War: Grand Campaign for Mac - Battle field problems

Hi,

I have recently installed the grand campaign for M2TW Kingdoms on my Mac. This was a bit of an issue in itself as I had to install it on a windows machine then copy the mod files over to my mac (where I have the full M2TW game through steam). I have managed to get this to work using some helpful advice I read on a forum here:

Ok i found how to get SS (and other mods i guess) to work on the new App Store Version of MTW2:

1. Download the mod you want, and open the installer using a program like Wine.
    2. Just make a folder on your desktop and install all the mod files in there.
    3. Move the folder "SS6.3" (or something like that, the entire mod anyways) into the Mod folder where the 4 Kingdoms campaigns are.
    4. Launch Medieval Total War 2, and in the Launcher Option window, go to the "Advanced" tab at the top of the window.
    5. Toggle the box that says "Advanced options" and in the text area right next to the box write "--features.mod=mods/NAME OF THE MOD FOLDER", so for my SS mod it would be "--features.mod=mods/ss6.3"
    6. Enjoy

Although it wasn't the SS mod I was installing the same process worked for the Grand Campaign. I can play the campaign map fine, but when it comes to a battle none of the unit "cards" are displayed properly, or at all. Neither are any of the battle commands. I can manually click on units on the field and order them to attack move etc. but that is about it, I can't use any other battlefield tool.

Any advice (aside from don't use a mac!) would be greatly appreciated.

Naffinskip

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval 2 Total War: Grand Campaign for Mac - Battle field problems

This subforum is dedicated to questions about this site and its administration, it would be better to ask here: Medieval II Linux Discussion (mac questions are accepted as far as I know).

Good luck and welcome to TWC

Edit: Actually I think that you already found the most appropriate place for the question (MTW2 is now out for Mac, how to get SS to work?)
    Last edited by mishkin; May 19, 2018 at 02:52 AM.

Default Re: Medieval 2 Total War: Grand Campaign for Mac - Battle field problems

Ok sorry for that! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee