Default Re: [Community] Campaign Experience - Share Your Empire

Thanks man, appreciated.

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

Wow, good Tyr

Quote Originally Posted by _Tyr_ View Post
    I send you a PM with my current preset file.
    Can you please add it here for everyone? Really nice settings.

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

Thanks guys, didn't expect so much attention for my few screenshots.
    About my settings, there needs to be said that a lot of the overall nice lighting comes from Aztecs mod and not from GEM and the overall look depends heavily on the time and weather conditions you are experiencing on your battlefield. And since Attila often has very dark sceneries, it can screw up the brightness and other setting of GEM. But as I stated before, I'm quite pleased with my settings for most conditions atm.

I would happily upload my file, but unfortunately I'm getting an error when I try it: "Invalid file" it says.
    Now, it is a bit clumsy, but I'm adding the raw content of my file here, so you only need to copy/ paste/ overwrite all the numbers into your own current GEMFX_settings.cfg. I hope that works for you.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    none

An amazing mod! Thank you lads, incredible job!
    I`ll share more images in the next few days.

Playing Rome, in Marian Reform now. Conquered all Hispania, Mauretania, Africa, Provincia, Liguria. At campaign in Venetia, Raetia.
    4 Legio dispatch ( Legio III Macedonica, Legio VII, Legio V Alaude, Legio X Equestris ) into campaign. Each Legio consisted : 8 cohors, 2 archer, 2 native spear ( from hispania, macedonia, or tarentum ), 4 militia, 1 great onager. It cost almost 10.000 denarii. My revenue minus about 10.000 denarii, but i have abundant chest 1.350.000 denarii. To solve this problem, expand your empire.
    My power in senate keep stable in balance, this is 4th generation era, after peace and prosperous, fill the cofin, smile to everyone but never ever make a pact in alliance or defend each other which is drag their war in our backyard , establish every city, build military power in silent.
    My backbone economy, depend on trade, every province have granary, entertainment building, plenty farm, solid aqueduct, that's basic need to stable. Temple? Nope, they create too much culture disorder, and shrink our money, my Rome is Atheist.
    If city can't supply our own soldier, give them full autonomy, independence, in exchange, keep calm, give your food and money.

Salute to all of you,

What a release! Bravo!

My first campaign was just a check. I started as Armenia on normal difficulty / 50 units pro army/ 4 seasons/ supply system. Enjoyed it for 70 turns (2-3 CTD), after that „all the world” was mine. A bit frustrating because you have to play as a tributary nation for more than 30 turns and with a small roster to choose from. I stopped the campaign because I already crushed the Seleucid empire whose strength was ranked 1 before the attack and because I had by then all the money in the world.

Second attempt on hard difficulty / 50 units pro army/ 4 seasons/ supply system - good campaign that lasted for about 135 turns as Macedonia (6-7 CTD). Way harder at least for 50 turns, but the phalanx was no match for the rest of the factions, I didn't lose even one unit of phalanx in more than 40 battles fought by myself-incredible unit- in fact the AI can't beat this type of unit if the phalanx is formed. Sorry, only an elephant unit may rout out such a formation. I've ended the campaign after dominating all Eastern factions (but from Baktria) and Italy. Money was not a problem and small factions already agreed to become puppet states of mine. Macedonian strength was ranked as no.1. Good challenge for a player who has patience and who knows well the maneuvering tactics.

Third attempt as Romans! - very hard difficulty / 50 units pro army/ 4 seasons/ supply system/ ± 12 CTD - what a challenge! I was out of the game in less than 25 turns. Carthaginians from the South invading the Iberian Peninsula and Cenomani, Insubres & Segusini from the North invading Italia. After 3 attempts I had to change stats because it was obvious that I was an easy target for all of them. But why? On very hard difficulty you have public order situation, therefore way less money for the army. The AI has a big campaign buff, they have huge amounts of money. In no time you will face armies of 40-45 units against your poorly trained 10 -12- 15 unit rosters. So, speak well, or your tongue will end in their "fine collection of lying tongues". Because this was a real challenge, I tried to figure out a solution. More money, bigger units or bigger armies for Rome? To fill in more units for an army requires time, once again a huuuuuuge thanks for all the modding team, believe me they did invest a lot of their own time in this. I've picked the easy way: more money! But how much more> 200.000 - 300-400- 500.000? Let Rome shine: 500.000 gold should fill their coffers. ;-))

This campaign is immersive. I've experienced this only in the historically accurate battles modded by the Lordz in NTW3.

Standings>
    - 157 turns so far - after many impossible battles; after losing generals and governors; after 3-4 bankruptcy situations; after 5 harsh times - when the units in my 30-35 army rosters were too many for the already empty coffers, forcing me to disband 10-15 units; after losing all my fleet against Carthagina, I've managed to reach no.2 in strength, and the campaign is still ongoing see screenshot. To be honest I've reached that far in campaign by offering my best regards to all other nations, I believe that an aggressive approach will have meant the doom of Roman Empire. Carthagina still alive with 9 provinces, Seleucids once again no.1 with 32 regions. Four out of my five armies are forced to fight on Carthaginian soil. 2 armies x 35 units rosters + 2 armies x 15 units rosters. My fifth army is far away defending the North regions of our realm, but having no more than 14 unit roster far up into German territory.

My style of playing: not to use saved games (the saves are just for backup); never to attack an ally; attack over other factions only if the diplomatic relations are minus -100; always enter war on side of my allied factions if they are challenged. Time limit> 40 minutes. 50 units rosters because I really enjoy epic battles, facing a lot of artillery - that is why I have to fight on slow motion many times -micromanagement.

Issues>
    End turn freeze situation - on turn 254 Roman campaign. Solution> after trying everything (more then 25 times) as Mr. Centurion required, I was still facing the error. No matter how many attempts, even with 4-5 turns before the crash I couldn't evade the freeze. I've looked then into the game events related to that turn and EUREKA> the last remaining Mauri fleet was causing the error. They were attacked by the Veneti fleet and because they were stationary near one of my harbour towns I was also involved in the battle, although I had no ship in the harbour or nearby. While I don't like to fight the same battle twice, I save almost every turn, so I was able to reload with 2 turns before(time to raise a fleet of my own) and destroy that annoying fleet after 3 hours of constant reloading. Hope this will help.

So lads, if you have good pc's and you want a real challenge I can upload the Roman file(turn 1) > very hard difficulty / 50 units pro army/ 4 seasons/army integrity + 500.000 gold.
    I challenge every hardcore player to a maximum of 300.000 gold ! A retreat from the Iberian Peninsula should be taken into account - an impossible job for at least 40 turns.
    Just let me know if there is someone interested in this adventure and I will provide the file.

Ancient Empires is how a historical game should look like. Thank you gentlemen!

"on turn 254 Roman campaign. " - it is the 154* turn

A new Dacian campaign - Fireballs>
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 02, 2019 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Antioco III's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys! Do you have any tips for a campaign with Pontus? Seems quite the challenge

Late game as Dacia - hard battle against the Seleucid Empire>

Hi guys,

I really love this mod, it's awesome and I want to say thank you for your time and effort!

Some questions regarding the gameplay:

I started a campaign with Rome on difficulty hard and I think it is really hard. I have a lot of things to do in the whole empire and have to concentrate on every branch of economy and warfare. Thats a great challange a and i love it.
    BUT: it seems that the other nations even smaller ones, don't have any trouble, their cities always have a positive mood, they can raise lots of armies and make my life difficult.
    I have to fight on all fronts and have to think twice about setting up more armies, because they lead to horrendous costs. The AI player nations, on the other hand, seem to be building and recruiting as they please and their cities are always doing well. Furthermore, my units often don't stand a chance against their units, they always arrive with a lot of elite armies.
    Challenge is nice, but it's like playing against a cheater. Am I doing something wrong or have others had similar experiences?

[QUOTE=Malor;15722559]Hi guys,

I really love this mod, it's awesome and I want to say thank you for your time and effort!

Some questions regarding the gameplay:

I started a campaign with Rome on difficulty hard and I think it is really hard. I have a lot of things to do in the whole empire and have to concentrate on every branch of economy and warfare. Thats a great challange a and i love it.
    BUT: it seems that the other nations even smaller ones, don't have any trouble, their cities always have a positive mood, they can raise lots of armies and make my life difficult.
    I have to fight on all fronts and have to think twice about setting up more armies, because they lead to horrendous costs. The AI player nations, on the other hand, seem to be building and recruiting as they please and their cities are always doing well. Furthermore, my units often don't stand a chance against their units, they always arrive with a lot of elite armies.
    Challenge is nice, but it's like playing against a cheater. Am I doing something wrong or have others had similar experiences?[/QUOTE

Well, the mod developers said we should play on Normal. If you do a setting on Hard you activate the cheating of the ai. Because every turn they get extra money out of thin air and you on the other hand have problems to maintain your army. So, yes it is normal that it is unfair on a Hard setting. I only play normal diff because I dont like cheathing Ai...

Thanks for your advice ;-)

Just a screenshot of a fleeing soldier I edited on Photoshop to give it a better depth of field. I don't know how to post it here so I'll have to link it to some site I uploaded it on. If anyone wants to tell me how that would be appreciated
    https://imgur.com/a/NeFJ5GS
    And here's some other pics I edited: https://imgur.com/a/CvlFJ96
    https://imgur.com/a/wmlKp7o
    This one was of my friend's best general from a campaign that we played together: https://imgur.com/aaoD24p
    Here's one that I haven't edited but it looked kinda cool anyway: https://imgur.com/a/BwtfeJO
    Last edited by Jakoporeeno; September 23, 2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Added another picture

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

First of all, I love this mod. It's amazing and I'm enjoying it.

I do however, and I know they have been cut because of performance reasons and may be fased in later, feel that the campaign is much easier without rebellions. I'm also missing agents and hope they will be added.

Very nice Julio-Claudian! Looks damn cinematic
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I probably spend as much time during battles looking around and taking screenshots with the game paused or on slo mo as I do playing the battle lol. Its all so pretty.

This is my first time playing this mod seriously so I'm excited to see where this goes! I am Rome, and will begin my conquest of the known world at once! Please leave feedback in the comments section!

Going to poke this necro thread
    Armenian campaign based on the latest AE 2.0:

Last edited by Sarkiss; March 24, 2021 at 12:41 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456