Thread: Suggestions for a Solid Economy playing a German State ?

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Default Suggestions for a Solid Economy playing a German State ?

Hello i am playing with Prussia , i want to ask how do i keep an Economy Growing even in a war with Poland or Austria raiding around my Factories and farms.
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Default Re: Suggestions for a Solid Economy playing a German State ?

Its tough to go against both early on so make peace with the Austrians as they probably are at war with the Pols at some point and therefore have a common enemy. But basically, I use 2-3 light cav units as raiders and diversions. The enemy army will chase them down at some point so concentrate your forces and when they chase after the raiders, attack where they are not and take their cities. Between pillaging and losing provinces their economy also gets crippled. Also, send whatever agent you have to find their main force. Always know where they are so you can bait them away with the raiders and attack somewhere else.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

thats just if i want to end war but my current war is like a war of attrition ,,, i hold the main roads and bridges with solid defensive armies but if i let this gaps out my all kingdom is threatened by total invasion of Austrian 3 stacks at Silesia ,however. i want to make a better economy by another way than just waiting for peace or waging war on my frontier

My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    with all due respect , it did not helped me

Blitzkrieg: Early Prussian Campaign Guide
    Turn 1
    1.Move your Gentleman to the Magdeburg Collage
    2.Start research on ring bayonets (this will be ready when you invade)
    3.Acquire trade agreements (up to you what countrys as long as its not Poland)
    4.Train 4 line infantry in Berlin
    5.train 3 line infantry in East Prussia
    6.build a trade ship

(Feel free to construct any buildings or reserch a differnt tech, But note that canister shot will not help because the plan will be over before you build the buildings)

Turn 2
    1.Recruit 4 line infantry in Berlin
    2.Recruit 3 line infantry in East Prussia

Turn 3
    1.Take 8 line inf. from Berlin and load them on the boat
    2.Move ship to East Prussia and unload men on shore

Turn 4
    1.Move the 8 line infantry that you just unloaded to the woods right of Koenisburg (near the Polish fort)
    2.Move all of Konigsburg's Garrison to the woods south of east Prussia's farm
    3.Recruit 4 line infantry in Berlin

Turn 5
    1.Take the Army in Berlin and invade Saxony triggering a war with ONLY Poland
    2.Take the army led by Alexander zu Dohna Schlobitten and take West Prussia.
    3.Take army south of Konigsburg's farm and take Warsaw,after you take the city right click on Galicia
    4.Take Vilnius with the army by the fort
    6.Build 2 Militia in Brandenburg and West Prussia to protect from sneak attacks from Poland or Austria

Turn 6
    1. Take 5 units in Lithuania and take Belarus

2. Take All units in Poland and attack Galicia

Turn 7
    1. Move all but 2 units from Galicia back to Warsaw,Poland
    2. Repair all conquered buildings
    3. Repair any non city buildings damaged

Good job on taking down Prussia's earliest enemy Poland but don't forget to move some units back to Poland from West Prussia.Now you have a solid start and two of your victory provinces.Poland is a valuable province if you let it develop. Taking out Poland also puts your border against Russia so be careful, but this also opens land trade with them too. Try forming alliances with Sweden and Great Britain and the United Provinces being the same religion it should be easier to get as they will like you more.Also note that Austria starts allied to Great Britain so if you get an alliance with the British the Austrians are less likely to attack.You now should focus on building up your empire before you do any more conquering, build weavers,iron shops,taverns,churches,docks,ect.

the change i made to this guide was building a trade ship instead of sloop,
    (and leave it in port for a long time to come)
    and i built some extra units in east prussia and had maxed out tax first few turns,
    and struck kurland as well.

poland will be rebellious for long time, and more priests=better,
    so i burn the school and build church, the neighboring northeast region can carry a
    school tho
    Last edited by poa; May 19, 2018 at 04:16 AM.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

@poa thats helped me alot thanks ,but i have another question i have tried Darthmod but how about Imperial destroyer and Imperial Splendour ?

i can only say my impression of imperial destroyer since its the only mod of those i tried. i like a whole lot the reduced movement points of armies, and reduced economy, i didnt like the silly OP artillery in ID, and i didnt like infinite ammo or immortal generals either, and felt it was unnecessarily too many units. eventually i went back to original, but a heavily modded original. a very cool thing about ID is the many added regions. IMO it is never wrong to try out mods, odds are there will be at least some feature you fancy, i ended up making a whole lot of changes to my game, some of which i got inspired from ID.......... ... ..ed: i just recall a thing i use to do as prussia, i always ally/trade hannover 1st thing, that way they will stay friendly and i got at least 1 frontier safe. it is also wise to at all times keep a trade ship in all ports, to prevent landings + movement points in a single turn, and to prevent continuous destruction of ports by ships every turn
    Last edited by poa; May 19, 2018 at 06:07 PM.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    i can only say my impression of imperial destroyer since its the only mod of those i tried. i like a whole lot the reduced movement points of armies, and reduced economy, i didnt like the silly OP artillery in ID, and i didnt like infinite ammo or immortal generals either, and felt it was unnecessarily too many units. eventually i went back to original, but a heavily modded original. a very cool thing about ID is the many added regions. IMO it is never wrong to try out mods, odds are there will be at least some feature you fancy, i ended up making a whole lot of changes to my game, some of which i got inspired from ID.......... ... ..ed: i just recall a thing i use to do as prussia, i always ally/trade hannover 1st thing, that way they will stay friendly and i got at least 1 frontier safe. it is also wise to at all times keep a trade ship in all ports, to prevent landings + movement points in a single turn, and to prevent continuous destruction of ports by ships every turn
    i am playing ID and its worthwhile till now but do you know how to edit the Artillery ranges ? and the units stats its some silly that i have 12 line infantry units with same stats i want to make them more available and benefit.
    but immortal General ? in my last Battle at Saxony Farms vs the Rebels Ended with me Losing my General from a 12 pound Cannon projectile shot from a hill and my Army Retreated quickly as i was centered at the edge,it was a bad end for my old Prussian General and my Occupation of Saxony too lucky rebels ! hahahahah
    Last edited by M.A.E; May 20, 2018 at 07:03 PM.

its so many years since i modded, i can not remember.
    the thing about ID arty was how silly OP it was,
    it was the only unit in my armies beside a few units to counter any leak,
    and battles was always loop sided with me losing 0-12 men while opponent always lost the entire army
    up to 2000 men.
    not even todays munitions with multi seekers has the kind of accuracy that ID arty has,
    in particular the mortars, i ended up changing my army composition
    and tactics cause of them, and even kept it when i moved on to more
    balanced arty, the percussion shell makes even normal mortars the best weapon in game,
    but ID took it to complete koo-koo levels
    Last edited by poa; May 20, 2018 at 07:31 PM.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

hmmmm ,the artillary seems to me pretty balanced while nerfed a little but the problem is the BAI cant figure out the best position to handle the situation