Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: [Technical] 1.15 Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] AE BETA 1.0 Bug Reports

The Historical Event Message for 196 BC, at least for me, is not formatted so is just a single paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by swissdragon View Post
    I witnessed the same bugs as others already mentioned:

- enemy generals invincible in battles
    - city "besieged" but no enemies there
    - suddenly recruiting not possible because "besieged" or "out of recruitment points(?)" (still can hire mercs)
    - totally unstable economy: it changes randomly, it seems without reason (romans; 1.round 3500+, next round -15000 and bancrupt, even without building or recruiting, with your economy hotfix)
    - Balancing: battles are a bit to fast on fields. For my taste troops are panicking way to quickly, for no visible reason.

My single biggest problem is the economy, this is gamebraking for me. I don't understand why this extreme dramatic changes happen at all, its just to extreme. Its killing my game. Its frustrating because I can't find the reason what causes it. I know season has an impact, thats fine with me. But I think this is caused by an imbalance or a bug somewhere in the economy?

Besides of the ingame economy issue I just love the mod - its content and its style - very much, thanks for it!
    agreed same problem with economy its completely game breaking and frustrating when you arent building anything and have no reason for it

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

In my MAcedon game, it does from Spring to Winter which means it is almost impossible to get the economy going.

I've had this happen in three separate saves now.

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

Nevermind, I read back and realise this is normal! Ha, any tips for the macedon economy? I cant hold a second city without everything going belly up.

Except for the first, hardcoded Spring turn, the game jumps between Summer and Winter. There are no other seasons in between. The provimcial bundle effect at the bottom should say Summer, and provide its effects.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

To those of you still experiencing balancing issues with the economy, what difficulty level are you playing on?
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

All my leaders except from Carthago and Rome look like this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    To those of you still experiencing balancing issues with the economy, what difficulty level are you playing on?
    In my testing I'm playing Normal/Normal, as you advised. I had this economy issues playing with Macedon and with Rome (did not try other factions yet): Both bankrupted after a short while ingame. The Macedons were difficult from the start, many enemies and weak ressources, very few trading contracts. The Romans had many ressources and many trade contracts and should have generated enough income.

I'm playing as Carthage, and im sorry for not having a screenshot ready, but i can provide one if needed.

My public order got pretty low after capturing Rome, Malaca and Carthago Nova etc. And normally i would just beat the rebels and the public order will get better.
    The problem, or bug is that when i make the rebels run away with my superior force, the region gain 20 public order as usual, but if i beat the rebels, it gets like -50 public order.
    So if the region have -60 and then gets -50 more everytime i beat the rebels, the populace just keeps rebelling.
    And if i leave the rebels to their own stuff, they will just get insanely powerful and attack me.
    So im in a Vicious circle that is hurting my playthrough. I cant beat them, cuz it will only worsen the public order, and i cant leave them be cuz they will just kill me.

I checked the reason WHY i get so low public order, and apparently i got -60 slavery for no reason.

Anyone got any advise?
    The World Is Yours

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    I am also playing on Normal/Normal as suggested, faction is Pergamon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimulfr View Post
    I am also playing on Normal/Normal as suggested, faction is Pergamon.
    Welp, chalk me down for an Idiot. Apparently I'm actually playing on Hard/Normal, because I haven't touched Attila in so long and forgot about the top difficulty slider. I apologize, and will be starting over in a Normal/Normal campaign.

p.s. Can't edit/delete my posts, probably because i haven't posted 'enough' on this forum. Sorry for the double postings.

Playing Normal/Normal and having problems with my economy. Also, not sure how to save food for winter since the game prompts talk about it happening during spring and summer, but I don't get a spring to save with. Economy otherwise bounces a bit more than I like, though I do understand the intent, just no way to predict it. Might just be something a guide can help with (X does 50 food a level in summer and 30 food a level in winter. Y produces 600 gold a level in summer and 300 gold a level in winter. Etc). I am guessing, economy wise, it is just our ignorance of the mechanics at work.

Also, not sure if it was noted, but the Carthage gates and flags are messed up. You capture a gate but another gate gets destroyed instead. Gotta play guess the gate to figure out which to capture to actually claim the one the army is trying to take. Don't think this is vanilla, haven't seen it there before, but maybe.
    It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less
    In life, pain and death are the only things shared by everyone

So far what I have played has been very good.It is best played with the third file.I have not played many shifts and despite the difficulties that the language produces, I am beginning to remember what it is like to play a Total War.
    In the fourth shift I felt a tingling that I had to leave the game.To start a new game and study it better and be able to enjoy everything.
    I would like very much to play it in my language.
    Do not be intimidated by the difficulty do not pervert it with the latest trends.Please.
    The fix of the Update file stabilized it.

I am sure that in the next days and months you will refine it and make improvements

I can recruit units neither the AI

I can't recruit units neither the AI
    sorry for the english

I now realize that was because of the seasons and how the recruitment works and since the seasons change from summer to winter, and autumn and spring don't exist, it disturb recruitment

Can we go back to 4 seasons and 4 turns per year?

I was doing very well Macedon on Normal\Normal. I had 60,000 in the treasury with a full stack and a half. I think some of you are investing in the wrong things. Certainly more difficult with the Nabataeans, I will say that.
    Last edited by stevehoos; May 20, 2018 at 01:50 AM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

I am getting a CTD from custom battle under specific circumstances. When I select Roman Empire as the AI defender faction it immediately crashes.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by mati_motorloco View Post
    All my leaders except from Carthago and Rome look like this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Looks like you have portraits set to 2D in your graphics settings. We do not have the enabled, so switch to 3D for now

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing