Thread: Vassal Kingdoms Mod

Default Vassal Kingdoms Mod

This mod adds a form of region trading to the campaign!

When you assign a governor to a province, you will now have a choice whether to assign the character as governor (as usual) or to create a new vassal in control of that province (this kills your governor - as if he were to become the head of the new vassal state).

You will only be able to create a vassal state if the faction that would be liberated from the province is either dead or already a vassal of yours. Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no way to tell in advance if this is the case. If you begin as West Seaxe, assigning a new governor to Dorseate should allow you to create a vassal, however, your other starting provinces are all true West Seaxe provinces and so there is no option for you to create a vassal for them.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You can play with one of two versions of the mod:

The first, the "Vassalise Province" mod, simply adds the aforementioned mechanic to the campaign.

The second, the "Vassal Kingdoms" mod, adds penalties to factions which own too many regions; it increases corruption and owning above 20 regions reduces the loyalty of your other characters. It is designed to incentivise the player to make use of their ability to create vassals and (hopefully) prevent them snowballing through the late-game.

Potential changes:
    I will update the flavour text for the vassalise option once I am feeling a little more creative!
    I am open to suggestions for penalties related to region holding - it is possible to create large diplomatic negatives instead of reducing character loyalty for example.
    Last edited by mauiaw; May 19, 2018 at 08:50 PM.

Default Re: Vassal Kingdoms Mod

Really awesome idea and cool execution
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

I'm having a lot of fun with this mod. 5 stars!

Intersting !
    1. compatible with Crucible of Kings MOD ?
    2. The AI use this feature also ?

OwenSnelly's Avatar Foederatus

Looks like a good mod to me. will give it a run

you can upload to mediafire ?