Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [VIDEO] Faction Overview - Ancient Empires by Havoc

Default Re: [VIDEO] Faction Overview - Ancient Empires by Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Armenia will be playable, replacing Pontus. Pontus we've had to nudge from the list due to it being least finished out of the playable factions.
    missed opportunity to replace Pontus with the Seleucids

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Very Impressed ..... Thumbs Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Marus312 View Post
    missed opportunity to replace Pontus with the Seleucids
    The Seleucids are playable
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Please make sure the Parthians have great cavalry, i know Attilla Cavalry play can be iffy... Also, Centurion, please dont forget to one day change the roman fort model!!??? please the default in battle and campaign map.. is terrible.

thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    I would like to see map cities. I know they can be replaced with Attila tools but maybe also add new ones?
    AE already has some added cities. There's more added unique cities, such as Carthage, which is a generic city map in the normal Attila campaign. Also, new settlement maps were created by UMC and are used in the campaign.

It's worth noting however that the maps could not be replaced with Attila tools. Firstly, Terry (the campaign map editing tool) is fundamentally broken and crashes constantly - I managed to resolve this by reverse-engineering and patching the executable, but we still weren't able to replace the city maps despite the fix.

As such, to replace the battle maps in AE required reverse engineering binary file formats, and then creating a custom tool to import the new data. As such, AE is the only Attila mod I know of which can truly add new maps and assign them in the campaign: other mods do model replacements or overwrite existing maps entirely.

In theory, using our tool, it would be possible for every single settlement on the campaign to have a unique battle map in the future!
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Nice, time to play Attila now after having it for two years gathering dust on my desktop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Autaritus View Post
    Well, I'm not an expert but I think that the Hellenism is the shape that Greek culture took when it spread around the lands of the fallen Persian Empire during and after its conquest by Alexander the Great, a shape conditioned by the circunstances of such conquest and also the character of the Asian nations affected by it; this Hellenistic culture would develop and evolve in the kingdoms of the diadochi, separately to a certain extent of the continental Greece. "Makedonian" culture is that of the feudal Macedonian monarchy, less influenced by Greek classical culture and certainly more isolated from the Mediterranean world where Hellenism developed. That's the way I see it.
    this is nice point of view! but with all the respect it is historical incorrect. my dear friend There is not such a thing as Macedonian culture. you may say Hellenic or Hellenistic.every person in the world that consider himself that he knows some of History, knows this fact.{for example the Spartans have Spartan culture?}except all this we must remember that the army of Alexander the Great spread Greek culture or if you like the Hellenic culture,and not the Macedonian culture.after Alexander's death begins Hellenistic age.end of story.I know that this is just a game,but you know the most of the people learn history from the movies or from the games. it is not good to confusing people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12