View Poll Results: What game for the summer?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lord of the Rings: 4th Age

10 47.62%
  • The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Skyrim or Cyrodiil)

9 42.86%
  • A Game of Thrones

5 23.81%
  • Other Fantasy (Please specify below)

8 38.10%
  • Crusade Setting

10 47.62%
  • Other Medieval/Early Modern Setting

13 61.90%
  • Roman Setting (YATS or Late Rome?)

10 47.62%
  • Sci-Fi Setting (Specify Below)

8 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What game would you like to see?

Default What game would you like to see?

It has been a while since there has been a forum-wide game being held here, so I've decided to gauge public opinion to see what the most viable option is for the shed (and others who wish to develop games) to focus their attention towards for the summer. No use building a game if nobody wants to play it, after all.

You can vote for as many options as you desire, but please try to only vote for the games that you definitely would play so that we can get numbers for a dedicated playerbase. Of course add your own ideas if they don't appear in the poll, also, and please do tell us if you're willing to moderate any of these games.

EDIT: Should note that the games directly name-checked are ones that we definitely have rules in place for or are in development. Others will of course require rules to be created for them but I and the Shed will be happy to assist if there is a mandate for them.

Let the voting begin...
    Last edited by Gandalfus; May 16, 2018 at 03:25 PM.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Re: What game would you like to see?

I'd be interested in literally anything other than GoT and am willing to help moderate. 4th Age, TES (First Age best age ), a fantasy homebrew of our own, Crusade (preferably 1st or 4th), any other non-late-medieval-England medieval setting, 18th century America, resurrecting Sunset if there's still interest, and a space homebrew or Crisis of the Confederation or even Gundam setting - I'm game.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Everything but Roman for me. Dutch republic sounds pretty interesting to me
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

I would like a return of YATS, the first game was fun, and I feel that I better understand the game now, as well as the politics of the time period. I am familiar with the rules, and would not have to learn a new system. LOTR is fun, but there is a distinct lack of moral ambivalence in the setting. Material on the history is also more accessible, I have half a shelf of books on ancient history, I have one on middle earth(Silmarillion), and haven't read it in 5+ years.

Additionally I would prefer not to have another AGOT revival. It's getting old.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

My intrest is merely with medieval settings, so voted for the crusader option, game of thrones and the other medieval settings. Any of the idea's proposed in the chat (Hungary, Bohemia) sound nice to me.

But other ideas like, I dunno, HRE , First Barons War, The Anarchy or the Scottisch succession crisis.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

The Witcher would be fun.

And any medieval game will be great so long as the same old retarded line on historical accuracy is taken.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Dutch republic sounds pretty interesting to me

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

I voted for

1) Other middle ages/Early modern Europe for these settings
    - Hungary (1382/Corvinus)
    - Italian Renaissance
    - France (yes, i know i'll be hated for this, lmao)
    - Sicilian Vespers
    - Open to other settings

2) Roman setting
    -Early Imperial Rome

3) LOTR FA

Couldn't care less about the rest....
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; May 17, 2018 at 01:28 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

1066 England after the battle of hastings

Section Editor ES
    • Librarian • Local Moderator • Citizen • CdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    The Witcher would be fun.

And any medieval game will be great so long as the same old retarded line on historical accuracy is taken.
    Meaning?

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

You know exactly what it means, and don't pretend you don't.

I'm being serious, this sentence doesn't make sense to me

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Gotta be fourth age like
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

cfmonkey45's Avatar Praeses

I voted for most of them, but here are some good ones:

1) Late Roman Republic RPG (I already wrote a ruleset for fun a while back. I have a Google Docs and Google Spreadsheet to organize it).

2) Crusades RPG
    a) First Crusade - Starts in the late 1096, with the Crusaders of the Prince's Crusade outside Constantinople waiting to be ferried to Asia Minor. Each player controls either a Crusader character with a retinue, or a local Muslim/Christian leader reacting to the Crusade.
    b) Third Crusade - Starts in 1189, and involves the recapture of Jerusalem from Saladin.
    c) Fourth Crusade - Starts in 1204, after the sack of Constantinople and at the start of the Latinokratia. Playable factions/characters include the Venetians, the Latin Empire, the emerging Latin Crusader States, the remnant Byzantine states (Despotate of Epirus, Empire of Nicaea, Empire of Trebizond), the Seljuk Sultanate, Second Bulgarian Empire, and other Crusader States (Kingdom of Cyprus, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Principality of Antioch, County of Tripoli), Cilician Armenia

I'm predictable

If it stays this tight, I'll have to do a runoff poll with the favourite options

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I will say what I always say when these happen. All these options are great, but if no one is going to put in the time to make a rule set it's worthless. If your suggesting a setting don't expect other people to do the work for you.

We have Rule sets for YATS, GOT, and WoTR. That's it. Unless someone is making a new one we should pick one of those that someone wants to run.

Personally I don't care for GOT or WoTR right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    I will say what I always say when these happen. All these options are great, but if no one is going to put in the time to make a rule set it's worthless. If your suggesting a setting don't expect other people to do the work for you.

We have Rule sets for YATS, GOT, and WoTR. That's it. Unless someone is making a new one we should pick one of those that someone wants to run.
    This is the most important thing said in this thread so far imo

Yeah, Trot makes a great point. Realistically, the only 'ready made' games that could be put up immediately/only require small alterations are a Roman game, England, or GoT. Vikings of course too but that has just been done so I doubt desire is there for that.

Crusades requires a bit of work, but a spine is there.

The rest would need to be built from scratch. I'm willing to do that if there's demand for it but its perhaps better that we have games running on in the mean time whilst this takes place.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Not only make a game, but they need to be willing to put in the work to mod it to, or find people with the time to. Number one killer of our games is Mods not having the time to run it properly. The marginal success of GoT and our Last YATS, and the WoTR game were because mods put in the work to keep the game running. For a successful game 2 questions need to be answered. Do wee have rules? Will any one actually moderate?

It doesn't mater how many people want to play any of the other games if no one will dedicate the time to running the game and making rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast