Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Where now are the horse and the rider...

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Just to clarify, I wasn't criticising you for anything in the past, nor was I necessarily calling for tough action and punishment. I'm not on anyones side. I merely pointed out that keeping that discussion going was harmful for the community. Luckily it died down on its own, and you are correct in that no further action seems to be necessary.

Some questions remain: Are all issues resolved that led to this crisis or were caused by it? Is everyone who wishes to remain in this hotseat community satisfied with the solution? If not, which issues need to be adressed and how?

I think everyone agrees that this should be the home for everyone who wants to be a part of it, and that necessary steps need to be taken that a) this drama does not return once again, so now would be the time to solve it once and for all, and b) that those from both sides, that haven't left, can feel at home and are persuaded to stay.
    And I only meant to hopefully clarify more why I approached things as I did.

I would say no, not all issues have been fully resolved. Most, or at least the most severe, have been more or less dealt with as much as they can be though. Unless some people can 110% forgive and forget forever onward here, there is no guarantee this drama couldn't somehow return again. Though considering the state of things now, with those who don't want to be here seemingly content not being here anymore, for anyone to do anything to ignite any of this again in the future would seem more like throwing more wood on the fire just for the sake of doing so. I will likely at a minimum utilize forum bans from hotseats for anyone that does intend to further this more in any non constructive way. Other than that though I still take everything on a case by case basis. Whatever else the community feels needs done or needs explaining, just has to be seen or asked here.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

This is a wild read, I'm glad I ducked out for a month so I'd stop getting PMs and Steam messages from folks that wanted stuff.
    Anywho, I hope that things settle down here with the summer arriving. I also am of the opinion that this seemingly complex problem will eventually solve itself over the course of the next few months.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Riverknight View Post
    This is a wild read, I'm glad I ducked out for a month so I'd stop getting PMs and Steam messages from folks that wanted stuff.
    Anywho, I hope that things settle down here with the summer arriving. I also am of the opinion that this seemingly complex problem will eventually solve itself over the course of the next few months.
    It has been solved since February pretty much, and things are running well, be it on SR or here. A few ppl just unnecessarily keep "beating the dead horse", hardly archieving anything useful...

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I don't know where to put this and if it is not the right place, feel free to let me know and I'll move it to the right one

Anyway, following the 2017 Hotseat Awards (see here and here) and on request from the former Director, please find the relevant sigs below for the winners:

Sigs for the 2017 Hotseat Awards (General Category):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sigs for the 2017 Hotseat Awards (Westeros Category):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My apologizes for that extreme long delivery delay
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, amazing work! Rep to you

This is probably the best place to post it for now, though this thread should have likely been archived long time ago and replaced with a new one...

Im not sure if you should have wasted time on making signatures for players, who are no longer playing on TWC (since it took so long). Maybe they can be reused for something else (though, I suspect this year there will not be separated westerosi awards...). I also told you that you didnt need to make one for me, but its all up to you

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

^^ I know but a request is a request. I promised I'd do it and I've done it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'd suggest a new thread altogether, as the content posted strikes a decisively different tone from the OP and the rest of the thread.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by King of Dawn View Post
    Meh, here we go again:
    Or the players could just man up and finish the hotseat on TWC. Instead of running away.
    I'm wanting to leave this site. But I just stay to finish my hotseats.
    Moving hotseats and being like "if you don't accept our saviour back on your site, we leave it and general section will be dead" is just a wrong thing to do.
    If you think you were in the right leaving the site, blackmailing TWC to accept Jadli back, that's fine for me. But your morals are a bit messed up
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Dawn
    Just don't move the hotseats? moving a hotseats is hurting TWC.
    If Jadli had enough followers, just start new hotseats, and let the old ones be played untill the end on TWC?
    That's how Soul and Para are handling the situation right now, that's the good way to handle things.

Just moving hotseats is completly worng.

If you wanted to follow Jadli, fine,just be a honorable man and finish your hotseats on the site that they were started
    I share no joy , at throwing his own words against the King of Dawn who disappeared in july , but I did remember such quotes of his, defending hotseat games with
    "Or the players could just man up and finish the hotseat on TWC. Instead of running away.
    I'm wanting to leave this site. But I just stay to finish my hotseats
    "

or "just be a honorable man and finish your hotseats on the site that they were started " which now are perhaps severely ironic and hypocritical ..these are perhaps words to fling at the departed King of Dawns back, as he left various hotseats in the lurch, without explanation or accommodations for replacement players.....But ah, those that are persistence in views which seem hypocriterical and erroneous at the time , are often forced to face facts about themselfs, that others of us , just knew beforehand.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    I share no joy , at throwing his own words against the King of Dawn who disappeared in july , but I did remember such quotes of his,
    A prevalent notion, few have dodged that particular self/own or remotely come off clean from this.

Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I believe this thread has served its purpose long enough, so I will now unstick and close it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456