Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 110

Thread: Where now are the horse and the rider...

  1. #41
    Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    I already talked this over with King of Dawn. He'd rather kick 11 players than leave behind one if the HS could stay on TWC (Because those leaving are not honorable) (In other words, so that the HS isn't moved). I told him I'm loyal to the players, and there is no good choice choosing between leaving behind 1 or more for the HS, and it is a nessecity. As long as he can't accept this, and calls everyone brainwashed who doesn't agree with him (Narsils in ADoS IV?) then no point continuing this discussion.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    meh,
    not again,
    I tried to make my point clear 5 times now, but you just don't seem to understand it.
    Yeah you did not force me to come over, I had a choice indeed: come over or quit the hotseat? Doesn't that seem a bit wrong to you?

    Last I have to say about it, unless someone actually brings up a good, valid point

  3. #43
    Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Your point is still perfectly clear, you are the one who doesn't understand me.

    Lets use your own words with a bit of an edit, hope that helps you seeing the other side as this is something a player would say if a HS stayed in which most players wanted to go:
    "Yeah you did not force me to stay on TWC, I had a choice indeed: Stay or quit the hotseat? Doesn't that seem a bit wrong to you?


  4. #44
    Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by King of Dawn View Post
    meh,
    not again,
    I tried to make my point clear 5 times now, but you just don't seem to understand it.
    Yeah you did not force me to come over, I had a choice indeed: come over or quit the hotseat? Doesn't that seem a bit wrong to you?

    Last I have to say about it, unless someone actually brings up a good, valid point
    And abandoning the other players (who put so much of their free time in the hotseat) and their desire to continue playing it, that in this case which I personally developed and to which I also gave a good portion of my time admining it? Doesn't that seem a bit wrong to you? I'm not looking to get involved in this argument but I do not appreciate false accusations on me or any other admins that tried to contain the situation and keep everything on TWC.
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; May 16, 2018 at 03:29 PM.

  5. #45
    Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,298

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Some important matters I would like to have more specific answers from Hader for: (tho, most of them on similar maters)

    1) It may look to you the staff is running smothly, not needing more people. But their work never (should) have been just to move threads into archive or to keep stickies updated (and even these things have not been going that well). They are supposed to be actively improving the community in many ways, giving it a direction. The most visible tools for that usually are bringing some new special content, be it in a way of some interesting hotseats/tournaments, or other projects like that. They should as well be actively creating opportunities for newcoming players (there is currently barely 2 proper newblod hotseats, while there used to be about 4 in the same time for example), to ensure the community is growing (or at least not getting smaller) and creating a friendly enviroment to everyone. Etc...

    3 GS (1 per section) are hardly enough to keep up to that, even if they were sacrificing all their free time, which they cant, as they are very busy as it is. There are many holes in the community that needs fixing, considering we lost some of the most contributing people, especially in Westeros. Furthermore, the annual summer "exodus" is coming, which is the part of the year where many people leave for various reasons, thus a crazy amount of spots is dropped and some hotseats have to be ended, resulting in more people wanting to drop (the last summer was very bad in that regard...). Thus, it is important things like this will be handled effectively by the GS. I suspect this year it migh be very bad too, due to several new hotseats being spawned on the new forum. And then there are things like hotseat awards, which are slowly coming too (while nobody have been given signatures for the last ones anyway)... I also suspect ( I have no information, just how I think it is), that the communication between those three is not perfect...

    This is all leading to big long term issues, and only fuels talks of some individuals about the "hex plotting to end hotseating". Thus I would like to ask you to focus on this, as thats is the most important for the community currently. Because as you told me, the daily business of GS are not much a concern of yours. Which is expectable, considering you are not a hotseater, but then you must make sure there are some other ppl for that. You say you opened GS applications, but from what I have heard those who do apply dont receive much of a promising answer... (In that regard, I would also like to ask everyone who has interest, capabilites and time for committing to TWC further to apply, assuming you are eligible.)

    Of course, this all can be partially handled by non staffers, but if that is how is it gonna be, than make it clear the staff no longer is supposed to do all these things, and maybe enable non staffers to contribute in larger extent, such as by being able to help with running some GS events, as the community needs it. Especially these days, when we obviously have there another forum opposing us, trying to convince players from TWC to join it...

    2) I cant help but feel I see a contradiction here
    Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    As there is no intent, and never has been, to split the community, I will allow a link to Soul's new site for hotseats in a particular stickied thread or two where relevant. No one here, staff or not, will face reprimand for playing hotseats here, there, or in both places. There is no stipulation of that in any way in the ToS nor should staff ever be forcing anyone one way or another. Play hotseats wherever you wish, the aim is to always be sure TWC as at least one outlet for that, even if not your preferred. Again though, not abiding by the ToS while here, or in any other way intentionally trying to cause troubles here even while off site, will be noted and dealt with accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    So going forward, we of course hope things will run more smoothly and things can once and for all be put behind us. This is still an ongoing process now and will be for some time. For now though, as I had said previously, any former GS from hotseats section are not liable to be considered for reinstatement anytime soon. Anyone is still free to apply, but I guarantee nothing beyond it being seen and considered along the needs of current staff. I realize the staff for the section is considerably smaller now, with time we will hopefully have a good balance again. Changes to rules may still be on the table, comments and recommendations are always welcome still, however staff still holds that responsibility and decision making for consistency.
    So, you have no intention of reprimanding anyone here for participating on sevenrealms. That is okay. But in the same time, those who participated on another forum in jan/feb were removed from GS (Dragon, Hanni, Cap), and the approach of TWC towards all of us in general was very harsh. Now, I know you werent here when that approach was taken. But if you were, we all would have obviously been treated in very different way (likely the "split" wouldnt have even happened, if you were around few months earlier). So, why to use it as a reason to not allow them back into GS, when you have no issues with the majority of your current staffers participating on the other forum aswell? (and I am by no mean saying there should be made any repercussions towards those of the current staff who do)

    To expand on that, you have there a group of people (a majority of the community) who disagreed with how things were runned, so they as a protest left the forum to bring attention of the administration that something is wrong, hoping they would return if certain things were fixed (most of them was, in some way) and talking to the hex about the issues. We were trying to be as professional and polite about it as possible, not causing more harm then needed, some of us still actively participating in other parts of TWC in that period.

    On the other hand, you then have there another group of people (way smaller than the first one), doing kinda the same they (while they didn have to) were accusing the first group of, although with heavy propaganda, and doing some pretty dirty moves, like removing various hotseat artwork, such as winner signatures made for some, or making the video about the "plague". That was still kinda "okay". But in the last two weeks some of those people have been doing things so low and insulting that TWC might have never seen. Be it that 24 minut video full of hate against me, administration, other people and TWC in general. Or the even heavier propaganda and agressive advertisement. Or the repeated attack against the official steam GS hotseat group (some pics of previous actions), and as I just found out, they completely destroyed it just few moments ago, by kicking everyone (whom they could).

    So okay there is no punishment against any of those people, they are still free to advertise their forum, derail threads here even though they obviously are no longer interested in TWC, and actually are doing everything they can to hurt it. They are not suspended (unles they personally request the hex to do so).

    Thats ok, as there is not that much that can be done anyway, but why things that obviously are nothing compared to this mess are held against the people I mentioned, making them unsuitable for the staff? The kind of people that this community needs to get back on track...


    3) Already talked about that several times, but little has changed. The new admin cap (10 for GS, 5 for non GS). It would work well, assuming people that should be in GS were there and that there actually was enough ppl in GS to use it for the community. That is not the case. There are only 3 GS, and none of them is even close to using it to its full extent. And then there are several very experienced admins (former GS pretty much), who could easily admin more hotseats, but they cant. This is unnecessarily hurting the community as well as possibly slowing its progress.

    And even more ridiculous it gets, that when I want to start newblood hotseats, which are essential for the community, (and nobody else seems to be making them , thus the need for it is even higher) I have to abandon other (newblood) hotseats in order to do that. And if I were to do more newblood hotseats (for example in Westeros), which are about to be needed, Ill pretty much have to abandon every other admin spot apart from Interregnum I and II, as these are impossible to hand to anyone....

    I sent you several suggestions on that long time ago, be it that the entire admin cap is changed, or that experienced admins are allowed to have 10, or that members of GS can "lend" some of their unused spots to other admins, dont really care, just do something about it....


    4) Could you make a very specific examples of what the GS can or cannot do without your consent (especially to the GS), as I am getting a bit tired of for example when I ask Athelstan something, than having to go to you to ask if that can be done, and then telling him it can be done, so he does it....




    Now, I now this sounded a lot critical, but some things simply needs heavy improving, and we dont have all the time of the world. Otherwise, things are improving, one way or another, so no worries..



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Now for some ugly stuff... (will respond only some basic things, as I dont want this thread to be derailed any further, but likely will be anyway...)


    Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post

    I believe it was Soul who addressed concerns by saying "I do represent staff" and should take that bit to heart with "serving the community in the right capacity and to not alienate it". Regardless of what people believe of Jadli whom I too have had issues with, this happened under them both and he failed alongside whatever feuds were going on - to solve it.
    If I indeed were what you say, why would I want to come back to TWC? We could have had "all the power" there, more than enough players to survive for a very long time, likely being able to bring several new players too (lot of people suddenly wanted to join just because it wasnt TWC by the way). Instead, we came back when it was at least a bit possible, even though being aware we might not be allowed into actual hotseat admininstration to actually work on things, while there would be many issues, as there currently are, that we would have to be living with for a time unable to fix efficiently due to that. Also facing the general disapproval from many non hotseaters about these matters, and repeatedly having to defend and explain myself to them, speaking for myself ofc, as other are not that active on other parts of TWC, most importantly the curia. (Soul fortunately singlehandedly "switched the hats" with me completly by his own doing...). Why would I/we return? Because that was the best for the community.


    And then you have there Soul (and Parafix) who just because of some misunderstanding with Hader left the community, started another "split", just because a single thing didnt go their way
    Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    I had communicated this to GS hotseat staff, and I do think this was received the wrong way and Soul and Parafix took this as definitive before I had said anything publicly, and Soul officially resigned as overseer and left staff.

    Which in the recent weeks resulted in the lowest and most insulting kind of "drama" the TWC hotseats (if not of the entire TWC) has ever seen... (via the second part)


    I am however not a saint, just another human being with many flaws. And unlike some other, I am also able to admit my mistakes, as well as change my opinion on many things. For example, several things during the "split" could have likely been done way better (but I assume compared to the new split we have little to be ashamed of). Or for example few days ago, just after seeing the new lovely video of Soul, I messaged a few of the people participating on Soul's forum, whom I thought might not be actually okay with all things he said in it, especially about me. Might not have been the best idea, but just after seeing a 24 mins long video insulting you, going even that far as talking about how would he smash my head or worse if he could (dont remember the exact words, and definitely not gonna watch again), you dont make exactly fully rational decisions (though, some of the answers were useful. In a negative way tho...)




    Others have already talked about how hotseats were moved in the "first split" in great extent, so I dont have much to add. Only that when it came to it, I was already banned, so for some hotseats it was either to let them die (as I hardly could admin them when not being able to acess TWC), such as IR, or continue them elsewhere. And I felt responsible for finishing them (more than just give up on all this nonsense, and retire from hotseating). One way or another, nothing of it would have been done if it wasnt for the support of the community, where pretty much everyone agreed about what to do, thus we did it. Of course, if a significant amount of players wouldnt want to join, such hotseat couldnt of course move.. But there were no such issues, apart from two or three people, in a HS or two. And if you please, Ill skip the whole part about the stealing admin password nonsense?


    To King of Dawn I dont have much to say, except maybe pointing out this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Where I politely and in all honesty asked whether he would help me with setting up a new hotseat for Westeros.

    Then, only in about an hour later the meaning was twisted, and used against me (sent by Narsil)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 




    I dont really care who did it, whether King of Dawn, Narsil or Soul/Para. Just thought would be good to show how some of you can twist words for the sake of your propaganda. (can make better pics if needed...)

    Probably would be worth of answering to some other posts, but prety busy...




    Anyway, thanks for starting a new discussion an giving us some new info Hader. I believe this thread should have been/was set up to discuss the future of TWC and how to move forward? What has however been hapening so far is that people who have already decided to leave TWC are just derailing this thread (and a member or two who are in process of leaving), making any actual discussion on that matter impossible sadly. So, I would like to ask everyone to stop this nonsense, and moderators to consider stuff like that off-topic to this thread. However, if Im wrong about purpose of this thread, then I would like Hader to set up a new one, for matter like the ones I talked about in the majority of my post. As this would obviously not be the best place to discuss such things.
    Last edited by Jadli; May 17, 2018 at 12:43 AM.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    If I indeed were what you say, why would I want to come back to TWC? We could have had "all the power" there, more than enough players to survive for a very on time, likely being able to bring several new players too (lot of people suddenly wanted to join just because it wasnt TWC by the way). Instead, we came back when it was at least a bit possible, even though being aware we might not be allowed into actual hotseat admininstration to actually work on things, while there would be many issues, as there currently are, that we would have to be living with for a time unable to fix efficiently due to that. Also facing the general disapproval from many non hotseaters about these matters, and repeatedly having to defend and explain myself to them,speaking for myself ofc, as other are not that active on other parts of TWC, most importantly the curia, (Soul fortunately singlehandedly "switched the hats" with me completly by his own doing...). Why would I return? Because that was best for the community.
    The comment you respond to here was criticism of SoulGamesInc, even on the presumption he and his supporters are correct about you - I don't agree with them about you much as you too share a lot of responsibility for all this mess.

    I believe you get under peoples skin, I believe you often come across as two-faced, I believe you have done quite a few stupid and somewhat immoral things ( to be clear, so has Soul and especially Parafix certainly done now as far as I am concerned ) - but I don't remotely believe that you're some pathological liar manipulating people and neither are they. No, most of this is stupid over-reaction from people trying to do what they think is right, with a dangerous mix of righteous indignation, escalated over time over things I'm not informed about.

    But to me, you're somebody trying to be and do good - in my book that makes you a better guy than most people.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    I suppose the meaning is lost to those it's relevant to, ehh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    And then you have there Soul (and Parafix) who just because of some misunderstanding left the community, started another "split", just because a single thing didnt go their way
    They did not leave because of that, it was a lot of things centered around you and the perceived incompetence of hex.

    Hex and moderation whom I tend to really not like.
    Last edited by Mithridate; May 16, 2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Fixed a doublesentence, added the spoilered bit.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

    Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

  7. #47
    cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    729

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    I've lost count of all the long, dramatic "i am leaving twc" messages written by people who have not left but stayed around to write more long, dramatic messages.

  8. #48
    LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palatka, FL
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Can we just stop with all of this I didn't even bother to read any of this. I understand their are some points to be made but just state them and get over with it they don't understand it the firs time then don't post again. How many posts have been made just for this situation it started around five months ago is that really how long its gonna take. It was silent for awhile but why must it always be argued when a decision is made if some people state things that might be untruthful then leave it and just let them go their new website. This is a gaming section don't forget in my opinion so long as we have player's, admins, and constant developments of mods or the voting of most dread commander stuff like that then that is fine. Maybe we should just say you have a problem with someone then go argue somewhere else and don't try to fight them anywhere that involved the section.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

  9. #49
    Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mote of Dust
    Posts
    10,697

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    This entire thing has obviously left staff undermanned, but it isn't something that can't be remedied over time either. Other parts of staff have faced similar issues, even if for different reasons.
    Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    Actually, what are you doing about all the porn posted here? Ever since I visited Victories Secrets for some stuff for a special someone all the ads I get fed here on TWC are VS's and they all have lingerie with most showing areolas in violation of the TOS. But you won't do anything about it because you are you. And that explains it all.
    Hader has no control over site advertisements, only GED and Squid have access to the ad management parts of the software at present. Both are reasonably inactive, but you can submit reports in the Technical Bazaar or Q&S and they will be addressed when possible. TWC ads are served by a variety of providers and the filter is on their end, so they need to be informed to remove them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    @paladinbob13 No, TWC doesn't have the ability (server or software wise) to expand folders or subforms. Maybe one day they'll run a Kickstarter or just beg for money here like GED always does. And then the same people will give their pennies.
    Not sure what you're on about here, I doubt the matter has ever seriously been proposed. We do provide for semi-autonomous forums such as in the case of mod developer forums and the Play by Post RPG section. In theory a similar section could have been approved here, assuming it didn't contravene the generic forums and the role of Gaming Staff. Alternatively, Social Groups are a thing, private games could be undertaken using them.

  10. #50
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    12,934
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    (...) And then there are things like hotseat awards, which are slowly coming too (while nobody have been given signatures for the last ones anyway)...
    Just a quick note about these sigs to say that I'm on it. The set for the General Hotseats is almost done (only one sig left to be completed) and the one for Westeros is about 50% done. I apologize for this extrem long delay to deliver them but I can assure you that they will come, hopefully soon.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader


    - Results published

  11. #51
    Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,298

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Just a quick note about these sigs to say that I'm on it. The set for the General Hotseats is almost done (only one sig left to be completed) and the one for Westeros is about 50% done. I apologize for this extrem long delay to deliver them but I can assure you that they will come, hopefully soon.
    I think at this point you should wait a few months, as some categories might be won by the same people, so you could probably just put two years into it (and some ppl will obviously dont need it anymore)... No need to stress so much of your time on it, considering other people were supposed to make them originally...

    Though, thank you for all the hotseaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Not sure what you're on about here, I doubt the matter has ever seriously been proposed. We do provide for semi-autonomous forums such as in the case of mod developer forums and the Play by Post RPG section. In theory a similar section could have been approved here, assuming it didn't contravene the generic forums and the role of Gaming Staff. Alternatively, Social Groups are a thing, private games could be undertaken using them.
    I think he misunderstood to what pal said, as he used the word "folder". Anyway, Soul should have just resigned on the post of Gaming Director, and could have easily stayed in Westeros, perhaps even as Westeros Section Staff Leader, and there would be no "split"

    The semi-autonomous forums are a thing on some other hotseating forums, that are usually more roleplay based. Each faction for example can have its "court" there, there are separate threads for rules, saves etc. We also had it on our forrum in jan/feb. I actually think its imposible for hotseats on TWC, as there is really huge amount of hotseats (often changing) and GS cant create entire forums... Though, if they can hypothetically be given such permissions, than it could be discussed... But as I said, Loose just likely misunderstood it.... And everyone can start a group indeed, but they are not that practical... (though we are using some for multiple rounds tournaments for example, such as 1vs1...)



    Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post

    They did not leave because of that, it was a lot of things centered around you and the perceived incompetence of hex.
    Perceived by them, yes...

    There of course were some other things that came into play for such decisions, but the actual thing that they made their final decision on obviously was this rather unimportant matter....
    Last edited by Jadli; May 17, 2018 at 01:16 AM.

  12. #52
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    12,934
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    I think at this point you should wait a few months, as some categories might be won by the same people, so you could probably just put two years into it (and some ppl will obviously dont need it anymore)... No need to stress so much of your time on it, considering other people were supposed to make them originally...

    Though, thank you for all the hotseaters
    These sigs should have been done for last January. That's my own fault if I'm late. It doesn't matter if I need to do the job again in a few months time
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader


    - Results published

  13. #53
    Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    On the Golden Lion Throne
    Posts
    3,847
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post



    Hader has no control over site advertisements, only GED and Squid have access to the ad management parts of the software at present. Both are reasonably inactive, but you can submit reports in the Technical Bazaar or Q&S and they will be addressed when possible. TWC ads are served by a variety of providers and the filter is on their end, so they need to be informed to remove them.
    I'll use Lifthrasir's reasoning -NOT MY JOB.
    It's GED's website and Squid should be among (if not) the highest paid people employed by GED here. It's their (but primarily GED's) responsibility to know what goes on here.
    This is a business and the owner runs it like nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Not sure what you're on about here, I doubt the matter has ever seriously been proposed. We do provide for semi-autonomous forums such as in the case of mod developer forums and the Play by Post RPG section. In theory a similar section could have been approved here, assuming it didn't contravene the generic forums and the role of Gaming Staff. Alternatively, Social Groups are a thing, private games could be undertaken using them.
    In theory covers a lot of nothing. It's an equipment issue.
    So you're claiming we have the bestest server and highest quality software in use. Sorry, could not find anymore smilies that show how ridiculous your statement is.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

    Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

  14. #54
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    12,934
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    ^^ Let me clarify this point: you asked me why you were fired from GS. I've replied to you that I was unable to answer because I'm not part of the GS. Being a Moderator doesn't change that fact. I've never said "not my job". Please, stick to the truth and not to fancy interpretation.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader


    - Results published

  15. #55

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    I am here to play a game, and do some modding, and I am all out of bubblegum.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by King of Dawn View Post
    Meh, here we go again:
    Or the players could just man up and finish the hotseat on TWC. Instead of running away.
    I'm wanting to leave this site. But I just stay to finish my hotseats.
    Moving hotseats and being like "if you don't accept our saviour back on your site, we leave it and general section will be dead" is just a wrong thing to do.
    If you think you were in the right leaving the site, blackmailing TWC to accept Jadli back, that's fine for me. But your morals are a bit messed up
    You don't get what I mean. I'm not saying Jadli was right or not. I am simply saying that you are hypocrite in what you are saying.

    "Or the players could just man up and finish the hotseat on TWC. Instead of running away." They could and so you also could go off site and continue direct HS elesewhere with others. Why all players should play HS on this forum if every player exept you wished to move it. If there is choose where to play it and you want it to be on this site and whole rest of players wants it on other site then obviously HS should be played where this rest wants.

    "Moving hotseats and being like "if you don't accept our saviour back on your site, we leave it and general section will be dead" is just a wrong thing to do." Far worst is what you claim to be right ( finish HS where I want or let it die wasting countles time which all players spend on it)

  17. #57
    Imperator Majora's Avatar What's under your mask?
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Beyond
    Posts
    1,571
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    I'll use Lifthrasir's reasoning -NOT MY JOB. It's GED's website and Squid should be among (if not) the highest paid people employed by GED here. It's their (but primarily GED's) responsibility to know what goes on here. This is a business and the owner runs it like nothing.
    I know you're out to get the staff on this site and that they've burned you to the degree a fair shake doesn't even come to mind, but this statement clearly indicates you don't know how sites and advertising works. Maybe I can give you an oversimplified example, and you can quit it with this line of nonsense.

    Advertisers have a pool of ads. It's a big, big ing pool. Active site administrators cannot check everything. Questionably active site administrators can't even come close. In addition, the pool changes frequently as new ads come along. Now consider that, if there are multiple advertisers, there are multiple pools, and many of these pools aren't even visible to others because they are a 'targeted advertising' pool. Google ads operate beyond the jurisdiction of the site and can pick up on browsing history totally unrelated to TWC, and serve ads accordingly. Just because you a) got unlucky or b) watch your porn on a google account with wide open cookies and no perception of opt-out or adblock does not mean GED should be responsible to hunt down exactly what you see on your screen. In most cases, members have to report specific instances, at which point the site administrators need to contact the advertisers and have a chat with them about the pools they're using to get rid of the one ad out of thousands or more. What Ged sees is not exactly what you see, not even close.

    The process changes site by site, but the above is pretty typical for how the internet works.

    As for the specific claims that Jadli forced hotseats to run off the site, there was no 'force' involved that I saw even once. Most of the cases I observed (the rest I simply didn't care to watch) there was a short discussion, and then the players agreed to play elsewhere. It was pretty damn simple. The hotseat is the game, not the forum. I can, and have, played perfectly good hotseats straight over Discord private messages. I'm doing it at the moment. In that time, it was a simple agreement. In the game I was most vested in, it was a short message to everyone "want to play here, or play where the admin is". The players quite democratically decided to move.

    Those who did not move/play expressed their opinions. The hotseats were not going to suddenly move back because a minority of players in those games were dissenting against the majority.

    I'd like to see proper evidence of force being involved, because without it, just sounds like the typical dramatic rah-rah that has been splattered across the thread so far. A lot of huff and a lot of puff without much blow.
    Last edited by Imperator Majora; May 17, 2018 at 10:10 AM.

  18. #58
    Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    On the Golden Lion Throne
    Posts
    3,847
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    ^^ Let me clarify this point: you asked me why you were fired from GS. I've replied to you that I was unable to answer because I'm not part of the GS. Being a Moderator doesn't change that fact. I've never said "not my job". Please, stick to the truth and not to fancy interpretation.
    The truth? You want the truth? Here it is because you specifically asked for it.
    : Explain it to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
    Since you are supposed to be one of the moderators of the hotseating sectionl, I'd like you to find out why i was removed from Gaming Staff over a month ago when Hader is not man enough to even tell me why.

    That's not an insult to him, it's just a statement of opinion. He 's quite the failure at managing people. Or doing a simple job like speaking to us.
    I'd really like to know the reason.
    Hi Loose Cannon,

    I'm one of the Global Moderator, assigned to the Hotseating forums among others. As such, I'm responsible for enforcing the rules and terms of service across the forums, not to manage Content Staffers. Therefore, I'm unable to answer to your question.

    I'm afraid that you'll need to ask Hader in priority for such enquiry, possibly Flinn or m_1512, both being Content Hexers and hopefully able to help you as well.

    I hope it helps nevertheless.

    Regards,
    Lifthrasir.
    Now since Hader is Hex Council and you are only a Global Moderator that makes him your boss, just like he was mine when I was Gaming Staff. I asked you to help me because he would not reply to me. I thought you were important. You're not and that's why you want me to ask other people (Flinn & m_1512).

    See, when I create a thread I don't hide away. I observe it and reply to anyone even people who challange me. I actually prefer challanges. I don't run and hide from my threads or comments. Now go back to your boss and ask him to act like a man. That's a straight fact, not a"fancy interpretation, and it is your job.

    If you can't do that then stick to moderating and stop posting in this thread. Your opinions are not relevant.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

    Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

  19. #59
    Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,298

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Is that not obvious? You have been a GS for 2-3 months, no? As far as I know, the only thing you did in that period was that you made only a post or two related to hotseats, perhaps even less, didnt participate in any HS nor as player nor as admin, maybe sent some PMs to Hader as you say. While others, like Athelstan have been hard working to make things work in General Section... I dont really know what do you need them to eplain to you... Inactivity is one of the most usual reasons people are kicked from GS (or at least used to be, considering the recent events)...

    But I assume you know that (just like everyone else), just trying to make a ruckus out there... Or do you believe you contributions in that time period were adequate of a GS?

    Lifthrasir's few posts have been more relevant than anything you have said so far, so on the contrary I would like to ask you to stop posting here (if you want some PM from Hader/hex you probably should message them. Similarily, your issues with adds can be hardly solved in this thread), unless you actually have something relevant, assuming it will be posted in some level headed manner...
    Last edited by Jadli; May 17, 2018 at 02:20 PM.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Where now are the horse and the rider...

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    If you can't do that then stick to moderating and stop posting in this thread. Your opinions are not relevant.
    I am in agreement with Loose here, if you have nothing to add moderator - you're only providing kindle.

    Stay out of this.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

    Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •