View Poll Results: How shall the appeal be resolved?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uphold

28 82.35%
  • OVerturn

2 5.88%
  • Change the ruling

2 5.88%
  • Abstain

2 5.88%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [2018-XVIII] [Citizen Referral] SoulGamesInc - Appeal

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: [2018-XVIII] [Citizen Referral] SoulGamesInc - Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Rather than stringing up Brew over procedural matters I will resign my temporary position as Censor.

I would like someone to also initiate a VonC because I'm going to breech whatever SND covers the following comments.

There was not one, or two, or three or four or five referrals to consider in this case. There were six. Four against Parafix. One each against Jadli and SoulgamerInc.

The one against Jadli (which is public) had no new evidence and consisted of a repetition of the same accusations already dealt with. We dismissed it.

We were also agreed on dismissing the initial referral against Parafix. In isolation we questioned it's veracity. It was not in isolation for long. Hex also provided considerable evidence, some of which has been mentioned and is covered by SND. It has been removed from the Polita by Hex. The rest (iirc) is within one of Parafix's referrals. As mentioned, these cannot be made public at this time (the humanity!). I posted somewhere in the region of 40 posts across the six cases. I taught Vet a new word - Slog.

I stand by the decision and the integrity with which it was made.

I hope that explains why some procedures were not followed to the letter. I await the VonC. If someone also wishes to refer me. knock yourself out..

Wash your balls.
    Thank you very much for this info. This is no reason to issue a VonC because it restored my confidence. Again thank you!

So I vote finally for uphold.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

I trust the Censors. Uphold.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

I have no comment on what was actually said or done, which is besides the point. But rather the principle involved.

If I was to say something in public against my workplace, they would take steps to discipline me as a representative of their business even if I was acting as a private citizen.

The same goes for anyone who represents anything with a public face. If someone want's to criticise an organisation, community or body that they are a part of, then they should look for ways of doing that within the framework of that community or organisation unless no framework is offered. In the case of TWC, there are plenty of places to offer constructive criticism, comment and even insult. To go outside this platform to offer criticism, publicly, is an insult. It's irrelevant that someone else drew attention.

I fully expect to be held to TWC's standards wherever I post online using the identifiable persona I carry here.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm here to burn bridges and deny appeals, and I'm all out of bridges.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

The removal of SoulGamesInc's rank is upheld.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345