Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't save startpos.esf

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: Can't save startpos.esf

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Didn't had any issue in building the startpos.esf with windows 10. Didn't do a special thing to make BOB and steam run together. First you need see that you have steam running before you start creating the startpos.esf. Also, it's better not to use the modding folder from the C drive. It can cause weird issues with administration rights. Also see that it doesn't have a to long folder name. This can cause issues as well.
    Are you planning to work further on your N&SII mod or just other stuff (just out of curiosity)?
    Those are all things I also checked. The only thing is, that steam is installed on C:\ but the games are installed on another drive. Maybe this confused the antivirus program.

Yes, I want to finally expand NaS II with campaign map. FotS is still the best game for this time period and the cool maps you and sara made inspired me to pick it up again.

Nice. Let me know if you need some help. We made a lot of discoveries during our modding period. You can add new battle sounds, add custom battle maps that represent a certain area of the campaign map, add new ships, etc...the potential of this game is pretty high. I am busy with a certain campaign and sara hers. So it's pretty cool that s2tw and fots have some extra mods.

Well, indeed I could need help. I encountered a new error, now when I want to convert the fots campaign map. I didn't changed anything and all export process show now error, but the process never stops. BoB shows that all files have been sucessfully converted, but the action is still in progress. Any idea? :/ Must be BoB, because I did not change the map at all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob_camp_map_error.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	360838

Huh, on screenshot which you sent, process looks on finished
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Well, indeed I could need help. I encountered a new error, now when I want to convert the fots campaign map. I didn't changed anything and all export process show now error, but the process never stops. BoB shows that all files have been sucessfully converted, but the action is still in progress. Any idea? :/ Must be BoB, because I did not change the map at all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob_camp_map_error.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	360838
    If the screenshot is correct, than it has been converted correctly. Just exit BOB. BOB doesn't shut down by itself.

Sure? If I take a look at the change dates of the files in working_data/campaign_map/bos_japan i don't see that the files were changed - last edit of regions.esf was 25.09.2012... therefore I assume that BoB didn't saved the files?

I noticed that sometimes is bug, where BOB generated new campaign files, but files had old "last edition" date
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Sure? If I take a look at the change dates of the files in working_data/campaign_map/bos_japan i don't see that the files were changed - last edit of regions.esf was 25.09.2012... therefore I assume that BoB didn't saved the files?
    Don't worry about that, it's a bug. It did overwrite the files, but the date hasn't changed. The best way to notice that is to delete all the .esf files in the working data (like regions.esf, pathfinding.esf,...) and redo the conversion. You will see than that it adds the right one with the current date. But if you leave it, BOB overwrites the file, but date hasn't changed. It's a bug

You were right, I deleted the regions.esf and indeed, it got replaced. Thanks for the tip!

np.

Don't know if this helps anyone, probably won't for OP as they tried it all, but in my case this worked:
    Moved the kit to a non-OS drive, used a short path
    Applied the unofficial patch
    Corrected the gamepath in text file
    Ran both Steam and Bob as administrator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12