Thread: CTD during general's speech

Samittaja's Avatar Libertus

Default CTD during general's speech

Hello.

I decided to give this mod a proper try. 1.31c, first for Rome I Gold version, and next for Alexander. Both in Steam. However, the game crashes to desktop during the general's speech in battle, regardless if I'm trying to leave it.

Everything else works fine for the moment, albeit clearly slower than in vanilla Rome I.

Some other posts bring up the possibility the mod might simply be too heavy for my laptop. It would be odd if that is my case, since my previous laptop - ditched last autumn for this one - was clearly less powerful, yet it ran this same mod without problems when I had a 'tourist's look inside' a forgotten amount of months prior to it. Though I don't quite remember what EB version that one was, it could have been 1.2 or whatever was the most recent version at the time.

I am currently trying to look for an older version just in case the performance requirements have indeed risen too high for me between versions. I'm posting this in the hopes you would know a way to circumvent the problem so I could launch a campaign in the newest version.

Thanks in advance.

Samittaja's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: CTD during general's speech

Alright, I can confirm 1.2 works. I suppose 1.3 is indeed too heavy for my computer. And I can also now confirm that this was indeed the version I used previously, now I remember it was the version downloaded from the official website.
    Last edited by Samittaja; May 12, 2018 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samittaja View Post
    Alright, I can confirm 1.2 works. I suppose 1.3 is indeed too heavy for my computer. And I can also now confirm that this was indeed the version I used previously, now I remember it was the version downloaded from the official website.
    I can confirm that this is happening to me as well in 1.31c Alex regardless of faction or battle size. As soon as the battle zooms in and all the men cheer in response to the general's speech, WHAM to desktop. No errors.

The specs of my machine are far, far overkill for this game... I do not think it has to do with specs, especially considering you got 1.2 to play.

Any feedback about this issue would be helpful. Game is fine except that battles cannot be played. I will continue to experiment and post my results here.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

I have EB 1.31c ALX installed and it play's no problem, I have the mod installed in my c:/ drive, I have control of my UAC/ virtual store http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems and I also use a 4gb file https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ my OS is Windows 7pro and I don't use steam I have discs. I don't know if this will help you but you can always try.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Man, I had no idea about Large Address Aware. That is going to prove very useful. Thank you!!!
    I need to get a look at my log files. How do you enable the logs in EB1?

I am beginning to believe it is certain combinations of units/terrain that is causing this crash.