Thread: Steam Workshop information about the new installation behaviour

Default Steam Workshop information about the new installation behaviour

Steam Workshop information about the new installation behaviour

Some information about the new Steam Workshop installation behaviour regarding the subscribed mods.

In earlier games we are used to, that all subscribed mods will be downloaded into the normal TW data folder of the releated game:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\*total war*\data

This system has recently changed with a patch of the Attila launcher.

ATTILA

All subscribed Attila mods which have been released earlier than February 2018 will be installed here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Attila\data

All subscribed Attila mods which have been released/updated after February 2018 will be installed here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\325610\***

THRONES OF BRITANNIA

All subscribed TOB mods will be installed here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\712100\***

The number *** is always the same number as the related Steam thread.

We modders can still use our own mods in the normal data folders and edit them in these folders. They will be untouched by the subscribing behaviour.

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Steam Workshop information about the new installation behaviour

Strange... All my mods are still installing to the data folder. They appear in the workshop/content folder until I run the launcher, which moves them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rewinged View Post
    Strange... All my mods are still installing to the data folder. They appear in the workshop/content folder until I run the launcher, which moves them.
    Do you mean your own modded mods which you have in the data folder?

Or new subscribed mods from others? From Attila or TOB?

I added this line now to be more clear.

We modders can still use our own mods in the normal data folders and edit them in these folders. They will be untouched by the subscribing behaviour.

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

I mean mods I subscribe to in the workshop. Right now if I subscribe to a mod it downloads to the workshop/content folder, but as soon as I use the launcher and the green bar goes up it moves it to the data folder. I thought the green bar must be representing the unpacking and moving of the file or something. If that's not intended behaviour, do you know why mine would be acting differently?

Only tested on Attila, I'll see if it's the same on ToB a little later. And it's for newly subscribed mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Rewinged View Post
    I mean mods I subscribe to in the workshop. Right now if I subscribe to a mod it downloads to the workshop/content folder, but as soon as I use the launcher and the green bar goes up it moves it to the data folder. I thought the green bar must be representing the unpacking and moving of the file or something. If that's not intended behaviour, do you know why mine would be acting differently?

Only tested on Attila, I'll see if it's the same on ToB a little later. And it's for newly subscribed mods.
    ATTILA

Yes exactly in Attila it downloads the subscribed mods (old or new ones) first to the workshop content folder and then if we open the launcher it unpacks the old mods to the normal data folder. But the new mods (released or updated after February 2018) should afterwards only be in the workshop content folder.

THRONES OF BRITANNIA

In Thrones of Britannia all mods should be unpacked/installed only in the workshop content folder.

Thanks for your feedback and further tests with Thrones of Britannia.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.