Thread: Discord channel for modders

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Default Discord channel for modders

I've just started up a Discord server for TW modding and encourage anyone who is interested in learning modding, sharing ideas, or helping to teach others to join. With enough members I think it will be an invaluable tool for anyone who wants to begin modding or who needs more direct support.

At the moment there are several channels for helping one another, sharing ideas, showing off what you're working on and for finding new team members. There's also a few voice channels to be used freely for those (like me) who find explaining things with their voices easier than with text.

I'll be looking for moderators/admins if there ends up being a decent number of members so PM if you are interested in that. Feel free to share any suggestions or ideas for the Discord.

I also encourage all members of the Discord to give back to the community by not only helping one another there, but posting tutorials and answering questions here. The more knowledge we can share and the more tutorials and documentation, the more the modding scene will grow as a whole.

https://discord.gg/vunG5uj

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rewinged; May 11, 2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: More concise and clear now

Default Re: Discord channel for modders

Very nice, and useful (once people start getting on of course ).

I'm thinking of starting modding this summer, so this is very much appreciated mate .

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

No problems, I know how frustrating it can be when you can't figure something, yet you know there's a simple solution. It'll be great for those occasions where people can get answers instantly if someone is online. I'm just excited to see some of the new potential if we get more beginners in
    Last edited by Rewinged; May 11, 2018 at 12:29 AM.

Artifex

Just out of curiosity: You are aware that Discord is a huge and unsecure spyware that grabs and sells every data it gets? I really don't understand why people still fall for these things after Cambridge Analytica.
    HubZilla might be better as it can also be used to store and share files of all kinds, but it's rather unknown.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    Just out of curiosity: You are aware that Discord is a huge and unsecure spyware that grabs and sells every data it gets? I really don't understand why people still fall for these things after Cambridge Analytica.
    HubZilla might be better as it can also be used to store and share files of all kinds, but it's rather unknown.
    Well I don't think any of us will be sharing private information on a chat about modding a game.

Not to mention I've never heard of those problems you stated. Did some searching and couldn't find much apart from finding some concerns with the bots you can download from third parties. The server I'm running is not using any bots. Anyways I get if others don't want to use discord, that's fine. A lot of people do use it though and have no issues.
    Last edited by Rewinged; May 12, 2018 at 06:10 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.