Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Machiavello TW (mid XV Century Italy) - original thread

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Machiavello TW (mid XV Century Italy) - original thread

Keep it up man! great work. let me know if you have any more problems with strat map models

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Another great update - good luck with the strat map problem.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Are there any news, Mylae?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Looks like this mod has also fallen to the familiar fate of the one-moder-mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    There is a huge amounts of mods on Medieval II, but weird enough i never find out the definitive Medieval mod for Medieval II.
    Stainless Steel is the best known, but i don't think that it's to vanilla like. I wanted to see something like EB II or Rise of Three Kingdoms.
    I've looked into some mods, like Bellum Crucis, but there is something always missing; being unfinished versions or not quite portraying the time-period.
    So i've seen this going around and wanted to ask if this submod is something to look foward as something that can feel this desire to have a unique and satisfying medieval time period mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I agree with your assessment: the lack of the definitive mod portraying the medieval times - like the TATW for the Tolkien's world, or the EBII for the ancient times.
    IMHO, the reason was that the moders were unable to get together - first, using the words of Gigantus, they're all prima donnas, second, no team-making-person appeared as Quintus Sertorius for the EBII (and he build upon the former team work of Foot), third, there're many visions what "a unique and satisfying medieval time period mod" should mean. The question is: what you're looking for?
    I've recently (this year) produced some reviews of the mods: you may find them here.
    I recon the Stainless Steel mod-family to be closest to ideal - especially because they contains Germancus RBAI and Point Blank's RR/RC. I agree with PB on the qualities of the SSHIP and Titanium, but I'd add that I had many stability problems with Titanium (script seems to be bugged - see the discussion on the submod's webpage), and also that in the past I used to play SS in the form of the HURB and also SS-BtfB-BGR_IV - in both cases the mods were very good and may provide you with good experience. However, both have their problems (especially the inherent stack-spam, the rather botched-up triggers for the traits).
    cheers
    JoC
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I agree with problem that every modder want his own mod. If modders can get together with giving up on some ideas for greater good, we would have ultimate mod.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I can understand Mylae. I will use my expirience as example to show two different aproaches.
    When i found TWC , I posted only as a "byzantine" roster researcher. It was the time that Brocen Cresent was about to make its own revolution in modding.
    I came to TWC thanks to a very ambitious mod "Medieval Total Realism Age of Ambition" .
    That project was to far from its time and failed. Then another team tried to create something similar the known Dominion of the Sword that remained incomplete.
    CBUR project ceated to help mods to have a boost atlest in one side but most mods were "one man's mods". That is why everyone had a personal prospective of what he thought it was right to do.
    TATW was an exeption because there was already a story to rely on.
    I was fortunate enough to have a fellowship of modders that shared the same prospective of what realism is in a historical mod. So we went the revesre way.
    We asked Bulgarians how they saw their history in their eyes.
    We asked Germans to know how they saw their history , the Croatians and so on.
    But that had its cost. 13 years of development.
    One man mods may require much more work from a modder but they eventually be completed faster. There are no disputes , no fights no delays by apsent members.
    So If anyone can help Mylae speed up his project please do so. But i beg you do not interfear of the prospective of how he wants to make his own mod.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

It's just that I doubt there's anyone talented enough for this task.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

At the current state, I'm working on implementing a credible recruitment system for Machiavello, but I need some time, since in order to do so i need to implement some script and I don't have any experience in this field, as explained here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15883671

So, the mod is not dead, but progress is quite slow anyway. Of course if somebody would like to help, expecially with scripting or with simpler tasks like UI cards, it would be great.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

That's amazing to hear. I would really want to help, but I'm approaching High School graduation and my time management is in the midst of derailment.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Why not combine this Mod with the Italian Wars / Tsardoms?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Why not combine this Mod with the Italian Wars / Tsardoms?
    Sorry for the late reply. As a matter of fact, we collaborate with Tsardoms team: we use some of their material and they use some of ours.

Anyway, I have some good news: thank to the help of Gigantus I have managed to create a script in order to simulate a proper mercenary system: If you have a general with the trait "condottiere", you will be able to recruit some top tier units inside the settlment (unfortunatelu it only works if the general is the governor, but it's still a great achievement).
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Very exciting news, Cesco!

Tsardoms and Machiavello have some overlap in terms of content, but they are two separate, distinct visions. I'm glad to see the cooperation between the two projects. The M2TW audience is dedicated, but lots of fans have moved on to newer TW games or other franchises completely. It's great to know these teams are working together.

Great news indeed!
    Last edited by Nelduin; May 26, 2020 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

Hello,

I just want to assure that the work is still ongoing. There is much work still to do, and I have been incredibly busy with my job lately.
    However, I hope to be able to show something soon.
    at the moment I am try to build up a crash-free beta which will then be expanded...
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

Hello,

whilst trying to get rid of that nasty bug (I even formatted my laptop three times in a week as I think my crash could be graphic-card related) I had some time to put up a new unit preview for you to enjoy!

Model for an Aragonese Infantry. Around mid-XV century, a number of Iberian soldiers followed Alfonso V in his conquest of the Kingdom of Naples. They usually had a shield - usually an Adarga - a couple of javelins and a lance, as well as a sword or knife, and on the head a hat, cap or helmet. Contemporary sources depicts them with brigandine or haubergeon, sometime having pieces of leg armour, relatively lightly armoured in respect to heavier Italian counterparts, but more dedicated to a proactive assault role, forerunner of the sword-and-buckler infantry later developed in Spain.

See the model in 3d here: https://skfb.ly/6TtPM
    Follow us also here https://www.facebook.com/MachiavelloTW
    Last edited by Mylae; June 18, 2020 at 07:27 AM. Reason: missing link
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Amazing news on mercenary script and for the unit mini-preview Aragonese Infantry looks very versatile and as always very well done.
    I can´t wait for the mod

Any news for this great mod?
    I hope you are safe these days!

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Any news for this great mod?
    I hope you are safe these days!
    Long time since the last news indeed.

So, what's the status of this mod? Is it alive? Is it dead? The answer is non of the above.

Both me and Mylae have been quite busy with our lives the past months. As a matter of fact, we haven't even herd from each other for a while, by now.

Nontheless, I've recently decided to sweep away the dust from the mod's files and, thanks to Gigantus, I've managed - unexpectedly - to solve a tedious and irreversible bug wich caused a CTD and discouraged me to continua some months ago.

So, at the present stage, we have a somewhat stable and playable campaign, with some interesting scripts (the condottiere script I added some months ago is a nice addition, I think), but, on the other hand, we haven't a team of people dedicated to work on the project with at least some consistency. If someone could help with 2D stuff and with scripting (nothing special, just some traits and some scripts wich are completely feasible and that have already been implemented in other mods), that would greatly improve any chanche to see this mod release.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Cesco,
    Gigantus is the Good Ghost of the Med2 modding, he's helping us with various issues with the SSHIP as well.
    We also suffer from the lack of the 2D artist, while muddling through with scripts, traits, units etc. with the limited manpower.
    I'm really looking forward to playing your mod, it's much promising.
    I've read again the information page and I've spotted something that we actually were looking for in the SSHIP, namely some resources models (specifically: luxury goods, maybe also wine). Could we use your models?
    cheers
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi Cesco,
    Gigantus is the Good Ghost of the Med2 modding, he's helping us with various issues with the SSHIP as well.
    We also suffer from the lack of the 2D artist, while muddling through with scripts, traits, units etc. with the limited manpower.
    I'm really looking forward to playing your mod, it's much promising.
    I've read again the information page and I've spotted something that we actually were looking for in the SSHIP, namely some resources models (specifically: luxury goods, maybe also wine). Could we use your models?
    cheers
    JoC
    Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    Long time since the last news indeed.

So, what's the status of this mod? Is it alive? Is it dead? The answer is non of the above.

Both me and Mylae have been quite busy with our lives the past months. As a matter of fact, we haven't even herd from each other for a while, by now.

Nontheless, I've recently decided to sweep away the dust from the mod's files and, thanks to Gigantus, I've managed - unexpectedly - to solve a tedious and irreversible bug wich caused a CTD and discouraged me to continua some months ago.

So, at the present stage, we have a somewhat stable and playable campaign, with some interesting scripts (the condottiere script I added some months ago is a nice addition, I think), but, on the other hand, we haven't a team of people dedicated to work on the project with at least some consistency. If someone could help with 2D stuff and with scripting (nothing special, just some traits and some scripts wich are completely feasible and that have already been implemented in other mods), that would greatly improve any chanche to see this mod release.
    Thanks for the update and for all your hard work

Also you could try to contact _Tartaros_ if he can help with scripting. He is very talented and he is doing amazing work on The Great Conflicts mod. Fo example he just reported, that he implemented a new script is on the Raid of Thessalonika (908 AD):
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?225349-The-Great-Conflicts-main-discussion-thread-Please-post-here!&p=15979225&viewfull=1#post15979225