Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Arts Chat Thread

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Arts Chat Thread

Talking about WW2

Looks good.

Default Re: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

All you lady thor haters, have fun:

I know I am.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Is that the first trailer or was there one beforehand? I'm vaguely remembering something with Hitler on a staircase, it might've just been a promo photo a few months ago.

A great Hitler satire that is fairly recent is 2015's Look Who's Back if ya haven't seen it before.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; July 26, 2019 at 05:21 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Check out this awesome animation/story:

The priest and the coins guy
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Default Re: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post

I know I am.
    Natalie Portman's acting/comedy ability isn't going to mesh with Waititi's directing.

I know I am.
    Look another token character.

And love and thunder? lol they could had been more fortunate with the title.

Natalie Portman's acting/comedy ability isn't going to mesh with Waititi's directing.
    The whole concept is hard to mesh with anything. As her Comic book series proves.
    Its just dumb. Also Lazy marketing.
    This is taking someone else and calling them a dude's name just for the sake of representation. They should give her the power of thor not call her thor.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 26, 2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Look another token character.

And love and thunder? lol they could had been more fortunate with the title.

The whole concept is hard to mesh with anything. As her Comic book series proves.
    Its just dumb. Also Lazy marketing.
    This is taking someone else and calling them a dude's name just for the sake of representation. They should give her the power of thor not call her thor.
    Marvel officially stated Thor isn't a name it's a title. Which is a like a double F-U. Doing it and trying to get people to go with it. It would be like if James Bond retired and MI6 officially took away his name James and gave it to the next 007. So "Thor's" name is just Odinson, his parents never gave him a name. Yeah, that makes sense.

: [enchants Mjolnir] Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of THOR!

​That’s just one quote from MCU.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

The Power of Thor. Not be Thor.... Cap was still Steve, when he had the power.

Marvel officially stated Thor isn't a name it's a title. Which is a like a double F-U. Doing it and trying to get people to go with it. It would be like if James Bond retired and MI6 officially took away his name James and gave it to the next 007. So "Thor's" name is just Odinson, his parents never gave him a name. Yeah, that makes sense.
    Yep, Its dumb. We both know Thor is the God of Thunder, and his father is Odin. As marvel goes his name would be Thor Odinson, if i recall correctly.

Personally im not a big fan of people taking on the mantle and personas of already established heroes. It ends up taking away from them as characters.
    Sam is a good example. Or Bucky. As characters do they really need to take on the mantle of Cap? They dont. Do female heroes need to take on already established male character in order to be successful? i dont think so. In fact some would say this token dynamic can be insulting.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 26, 2019 at 05:16 PM.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    : [enchants Mjolnir] Whosoever holds this hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of THOR!

Marvel fixed it a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    The Power of Thor. Not be Thor.... Cap was still Steve, when he had the power.

Yep, Its dumb. We both know Thor is the God of Thunder, and his father is Odin. As marvel goes his name would be Thor Odinson, if i recall correctly.

Personally im not a big fan of people taking on the mantle and personas of already established heroes. It ends up taking away from them as characters.
    Sam is a good example. Or Bucky. As characters do they really need to take on the mantle of Cap? They dont. Do female heroes need to take on already established male character in order to be successful? i dont think so. In fact some would say this token dynamic can be insulting.
    I don't see how Sam/Falcon is going to be effective with the shield, he isn't superhuman like Cap and Bucky, so I don't expect him to be throwing the shield like a boomerang.

It's about crapping on the things other people enjoy. They're miserable on the inside so their goal is to make everyone else miserable.

Sam can do it for the same reason Bruce Wayne can be Batman. Or did you forget Bruce was normal?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Poem by C. Cavafy:

"While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Sam can do it for the same reason Bruce Wayne can be Batman. Or did you forget Bruce was normal?
    You could say the same of Black Widow too, right? Or was she also superhuman?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Long ago, it was foretold that there would come a day when people would cry out in anguish and turmoil for good comedy, and there would be a darkness upon the land. One day however, a hero would arise who would vanquish the evil, and this hero would be known by the phrase "Fat Pizza pizzas, they're big and they're cheesy".

Many did not think this time would ever come, but it has! Fat Pizza Season 6 is here, after a 12 year break.
    https://7plus.com.au/fat-pizza-back-...-id=FATP01-001

Blog Entries

Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh and the funny bearded fat man attracting those who were fed up with marvel. (maybe because it's really easy to buy us)

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...owlds-obituary

''Bernard'' was the last of the Yes, Minister trio. His pedantic remarks were always, in my favourite TV series I have ever watched and, together with Black Adder, the only one that I watch again and again, using outdated video-recorders and disks of suspicious quality and legality. An excellent actor, whose humour will be sorely missed.

You could just watch it on Amazon Prime Abdul. That’s what I do anyway.

Blog Entries

This I will never forgive to critics, pedant s

A Night at the Roxbury: 26

Blog Entries

Devs

Promising. From Alex Garland, inolved in Annihilation, Ex Machina or Dredd.

---------------------

Great first episode, only negative would be Nick Offerman's weird hair.
    Last edited by mishkin; March 16, 2020 at 05:21 AM.

Default Re: The "I just saw" thread

Any decent horror film in 2020?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast