Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Arts Chat Thread

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Arts Chat Thread

I haven't watched GoT (despite having the 4 first seasons available), and I don't plan to honestly, so don't worry about spoilering with me, but...

was the ending that bad? I've read venomous comments on how it was ended, any hint why it was so bad?
    Last edited by Flinn; October 06, 2021 at 06:13 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I haven't watched GoT (despite having the 4 first seasons available), and I don't plan to honestly, so don't worry about spoilering with me, but...

was the ending that bad? I've ready venomous comments on how it was closed, any hint why it was so bad?
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer, it's not so bad the show isn't worth watching. You can invest a lot of time into GoT because the first four seasons are that good. It's then a bit hit and miss with some great episodes (Hardholm!, Battle of the Bastards). But there are some really bad plot diversions and the last season very much feels like a rush to the finish. Characters also develope incredible plot armour until they are no longer needed and then they just die.

If you do get into it be prepared to feel cheated at the end. That said, even the last season is visually incredible at times and awful at others, when they balls up the lighting at the 'Battle for Winterfell.' !

of course you could skip GoT and wait for House of the Dragon.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; October 06, 2021 at 06:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    If you do get into it....

Honestly I always felt a repulsion for it, GRRM himself gives me nausea when I see him; it's illogical I know, and I have no reason for that, but that's a fact

thanks for the explanation though
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

it wont be as painful of an ending if you didn't watch the show from season 1 like a lot of people did. But for a lot of people, myself included, who rewatched the show regularly while waiting for the next season, would have watch parties, spend hours discussing the show and theories about it, and what not. Spending nearly a decade watching along with a show only to have the show runners stop giving a entirely for the last two seasons is just a monumental betrayal.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

While wasting my time at Imgur I stumbled upon this gallery https://imgur.com/gallery/vIImW

there's quite a lot of interesting visual content about weapons and armors, it might be useful for modelers and illustrators, or just for spending 5 minutes of your time in lurking it

Blog Entries

Now tell me this is not very much true

GoT fans, have at it!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

So I was having a "surf Netflix Sunday morning" moment. Saw this show "Arcane" pop up and sure, I played league in 2015 or something why not see what it is about.

The first three episodes are actually incredibly good for this type of animation. I was a bit shocked honestly.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

It was so good it almost made me forget how much I hated playing League at the end .

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Man act two was just as good as act 1. I almost want to make a dedicated thread about it but im scared people will judge me for liking a LoL based animated show (on this... gaming forum)

Edit: Screw it why not, the page 1 of Arts goes back to august.
    Last edited by Påsan; November 13, 2021 at 01:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Cool! So you were really born in this church?
    Lol no, what I mean is that I was born in the town. Oh well I was born in Perugia actually, but I did grow up between Assisi and Bastia Umbra (neighboring municipality).

My parents though did marry on that church, mid 70's, and they were one of the last couples to be allowed to do so, since during the second half of the decade they stopped to use the Basilica Superiore as a regular church and only used it as a museum, concert hall and for religious activities related to San Francis. The Basilica Inferiore is still used as a Church, though.

Really the place is unique, look for pictures of Assisi on google and you'll see (I've also posted at the least twice about that town, once in the Guess Where game)

Blog Entries

To whomever repped me to make me amend my mistake on the title of the Tolkien's thread, thank you!

You really spared me of my usual poor figure

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Filnnnn!!

since I am here I recommend the dropout, good tv show.

Blog Entries

MCU: let's hire the best actors, make billions and change the world of entertainment forever

DCEU: let's hire the first motherer we can find and fail miserably

I look forward for when Cavill will quit them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    change the world of entertainment forever
    there are young people (under twenty) who have only gone to the cinema to see superhero movies. #TeamScorsese

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    there are young people (under twenty) who have only gone to the cinema to see superhero movies. #TeamScorsese
    My God. I don't know if this makes me want to cry of vomit, maybe both. I am Cryvomiting.

Blog Entries

delete/unnecessary

Or, why they keep getting worse. Spoiler for hurty words.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Blog Entries

It's all about business, honestly... been there, seen that. The big money grinders don't give a crap about quality, as long as profitability (one way or another) is granted. Movie industry had a crisis some years ago in terms of how appealing it was for entertainment purposes (there has been a few years during which video game industry surpassed it, in terms of turnover, worldwide). Anyways, the opening of some markets (mostly Asian ones), and the commercial success of fantasy and super hero franchises had led the movie business on the top again, with the result of said money grinders wanting to be involved more and more into the business. If you are familiar (I am) with those motherers, they just look at numbers and want a share of the cake, they don't care at all about producing art and the like.

It happened in the past already, in the 60s for instance there was a profusion of low quality art which was commissioned by rich people not for the interest in the art, but exclusively to create a valuable artifact (on papers at the least) that could increase it's value over the years. Needless to say that it cannot last forever, at a certain point people will stop considering low quality products acceptable and inevitable flops will come (again, happened already).

Blog Entries

westworld cancelled. I feel sorry for whoever continued to enjoy the series, but honestly the last seasons were atrocious.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Kevin Conroy, voice of Batman in the Animated Series, the Arkham games, and many other Batman media passed away. This one hurt, any time I'm reading a comic or see anything Batman related, it's his voice I imagine.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast