Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dominion of Men 3.3 - The End of the Beginning patch released!

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default The Dominion of Men 3.3 - The End of the Beginning patch released!

The Dominion of Men 3.3 - The End of the Beginning

The third and final patch for Fourth Age Total War: The Dominion of Men is here! Patch 3.3: The End of the Beginning is the final instalment of the Fourth Age Total War mods, and the culmination of more than 10 years of work by hundreds of contributors.

This patch requires The Dominion of Men v3.0, v3.1, or V3.2. This patch is cumulative, you do NOT need to install 3.1 and/or 3.2 first. It is NOT savegame compatible.

Download FATW: The Dominion of Men v3.0 Full Release here:

Installation Instructions
    1. Unzip the 33_The_End_of_the_Beginning.rar file to a location of your choice.
    2. Copy the data folder inside into your .../bi/fatw folder.
    3. When prompted, choose to overwrite all existing files and folders.
    4. Start FATW: DoM in your usual way and enjoy!

Major Changes

The major addition in 3.3 is the host of new AoR and Levy units that are now available in various provinces across the map. The purpose of adding these units is to improve army composition and variety, as well as add some more flavour to parts of the map that were previously a bit bland. While most core unit rosters remain unchanged from 3.2, almost every faction has some new units available nearby, so early expansion in the right places will be richly rewarded.

A selection of the new units now available all across Middle-earth.

In addition to the new units there are also many balance changes, bug fixes, minor additions, and further polish. Just about every aspect of the mod from the strat map to the unit stats has been further refined and balanced.
    For a full list of changes please see the patch notes included in the download.

Other News

It has been a long, and somewhat convoluted road to get to this point, the final release of Fourth Age Total War: The Dominion of Men for Rome Total War. We want to express our thanks to everyone who supported the mod, from passionate fans to dedicated contributors and everyone in between, it would not have been possible without you!

However, just because the mod is now finished does not mean that this is the end! The Fourth Age Total War community has already been working on several submods of various kinds, and we may be putting up some information about some of those before too long.

For more information, technical support, AARs, LPs and general mod related discussion you are already in the right place, but you're also welcome to join in the discussions on the FATW discord channel.

If you have any questions about installation or any other part of the mod then the FAQs thread should be your first stop.

Finally, if you are enjoying the mod and would like to support us a quick review or rating over on moddb would be very much appreciated. And if you know other Tolkien fans, or Total War fans, who you think would enjoy the mod please do spread the word around, we want as many people to enjoy it as possible!
    Last edited by webba84; May 08, 2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: formatting

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Dominion of Men 3.3 - The End of the Beginning patch released!

This is great news! Congratulations to everyone on the final patch!

Now, time to kick some cultic butt
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Thanks mate, hope you enjoy it!

Fantastic~! Submoding time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thats great!, time to play with Tharbad again I hope to see new units of them.

Great work!

Are you guys going to get a front page announcement?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Yup, just got confirmation that we're on the list so it should be up soonish.

I take my eyes off the forums for a few days and look what happens!

I guess I will have to hurry up and record the rest of the Rhovanion campaign, just to basic victory condition, so I can install 3.3 and start a new LP. Pity, as I don't think I will be able to get a protectorate in that time. I guess I should have made Dorwinion a protectorate after all.

Would somebody in charge like to make a new thread pole to see which faction I should play for the 3.3 LP? Maybe we can showcase a faction with the most new units?

Also, I have been holding onto a number of RTW steam keys, thinking they would be good for promoting the mod once 3.3 was released. I should like to solicit some ideas on how to get the best impact from them. I was thinking perhaps a raffle among the TATW to try to get some of them interested in this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    Maybe we can showcase a faction with the most new units?
    You mean Rhovanion?

We could do a poll, or if you want you could pick whichever one strikes your fancy - you've had quite the ride with Rhovanion & deserve to have a 'just for fun' campaign if you want to go that route!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great news, congratulations on the release!

In all seriousness, Rhovanion does get at least five new units from places very close to its starting position.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    In all seriousness, Rhovanion does get at least five new units from places very close to its starting position.
    I will definitely not be doing a 3.3 Rhovanion campaign if for no better reason than that I would not want the two campaigns to get conflated on my channel. I would actually prefer to feature one of the major factions in my next LP. Do any of the major factions get a significant number of new units in the latest release?

As for the RTW keys I have: Perhaps I will start offering them as a raffle prize on my regular weekly raffles with the option to chose a different game as a reward if the winner already has RTW. I was not offering them previously because I assumed a significant number of my audience would already have the game, but this might be a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    I will definitely not be doing a 3.3 Rhovanion campaign if for no better reason than that I would not want the two campaigns to get conflated on my channel. I would actually prefer to feature one of the major factions in my next LP. Do any of the major factions get a significant number of new units in the latest release?
    I think Adunabar gets the most. But Rhûn or RK might be interesting too. The former gets new AoR units in Dwarven lands and Wilderland, plus the Parchereb Tribesmen, should you venture into Harad for some reason. They also get the new Cultic AoR units, of course.
    RK gets new AoR units in Harondor, Umbar, and Drúwaith Iaur/Andrast, plus the reskin of the GotC.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    I think Adunabar gets the most. But Rhûn or RK might be interesting too.
    Cool. Could I get a pole thread to measure interest between Adunabar, Rhûn and RK?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

You should be able to make pole threads yourself now?

My apologies; I did not bother to check. The last time I tried I could not; after 8 years as a forum member; so I rather thought it was never going to happen. This is great! I can now start poling for every decision in my life!

TWC had to have a poll to determine whether or not to allow you to make polls
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    TWC had to have a poll to determine whether or not to allow you to make polls
    Which begs the question: How many polls does it take ... ?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nice news, migth be time to spend some time in the Fourth Age soon again

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast