Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why further overhauls?

Default Why further overhauls?

Don't misunderstand me!
    Your work is excellent far better than any other Rome 2 mod out there and Dei can compete for the best total war mod out there!
    But this is Fourth or Fifth MAJOR OVERHAUL!
    Both Carthage and Hellenic factions were great before.
    I'd rather have more content (better gameplay and expanded DLC campaigns) than further overhauls for many factions.
    Perhaps a empire divided overhaul?
    Of course it is your mod and therefore your decision!

I apologise if I offended!

Default Re: Why further overhauls?

Carthage hasn't been worked on for years and wasn't really historically sound. Maurya was never done correctly, we didn't have the proper models for it. Rome isn't really an overhaul, more of an appearance update with a lot of the items from the True Legions submod.

These will be the final updates for rosters, at least that is my plan. We also have Empire Divided as a separate project but it is such a large task I have no idea when that will be finished. Its like creating an entirely new mod, we never planned to make any units for that time period so none of our current ones work.

After that, I hope to have a "finished" version of DeI that we can then create submods and scenario campaigns off of. That was my plan almost half a year ago too, so who knows if it will happen. 3 game DLCs really throws a wrench in the plans.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That's really pleasent to hear.
    That's a good plan, in every aspect.
    Surely that new thing about many more building slot could be a cupcake...

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

It'll be a good day for submods!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by historian1789 View Post
    Don't misunderstand me!
    Your work is excellent far better than any other Rome 2 mod out there and Dei can compete for the best total war mod out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Carthage hasn't been worked on for years and wasn't really historically sound. Maurya was never done correctly, we didn't have the proper models for it. Rome isn't really an overhaul, more of an appearance update with a lot of the items from the True Legions submod.

These will be the final updates for rosters, at least that is my plan.
    Let's not forget that many users were asking for a Roman-Carthaginian refresh. Also with the addition of @Little Legionnaires excellent work in our mod, @Don_Diego fixed a very serious issue of the engine's problematic animations. That's a huge plus for any user.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Let's not forget that many users were asking for a Roman-Carthaginian refresh. Also with the addition of @Little Legionnaires excellent work in our mod, @Don_Diego fixed a very serious issue of the engine's problematic animations. That's a huge plus for any user.
    That is pretty exciting for LL work to be implemented. This is going to make R2 HD incompatible though?

I am curious, what would a Roman-Carthaginian refresh entail? I tried to do a search but I believe that is futile.

Have you ever considered doing an Attila mod?
    Something similar to DEI:
    Attila was fine on the conceptual layer and interesting in the battle layer, except for the OP cavalry, but it all fell apart in the strategic layer!
    Barbarian factions would raze frequently and from what I understand the problem wasn't significantly mitigated until the latest patch at which point it was to late to bring the players back!
    The result is that the relatively boring vanilla Rome 2 which only really worked on the battle layer, but as you know struggled on the strategic layer, and before the Empire Divided it also failed on conceptual layer because of it messy politics!
    Anyway I don't think that I need to explain the flaws of vanilla Rome 2 because you know them far better than I do.
    Last edited by historian1789; May 08, 2018 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satansblofish View Post
    That is pretty exciting for LL work to be implemented. This is going to make R2 HD incompatible though?

I am curious, what would a Roman-Carthaginian refresh entail? I tried to do a search but I believe that is futile.
    They're mostly compatible, since HD only replaces existing models, textures and variantmeshdefinitions, so as long as they are still used in units, they'll play along pretty nicely with LL's mod.

Have you ever considered doing an Attila mod?
    Something similar to DEI:
    Attila was fine on the conceptual layer and interesting in the battle layer, except for the OP cavalry, but it all fell apart in the strategic layer!
    Barbarian factions would raze frequently and from what I understand the problem wasn't significantly mitigated until the latest patch at which point it was to late to bring the players back!
    The result is that the relatively boring vanilla Rome 2 which only really worked on the battle layer, but as you know struggled on the strategic layer, and before the Empire Divided it also failed on conceptual layer because of it messy politics!
    Anyway I don't think that I need to explain the flaws of vanilla Rome 2 because you know them far better than I do.
    FOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    They're mostly compatible, since HD only replaces existing models, textures and variantmeshdefinitions, so as long as they are still used in units, they'll play along pretty nicely with LL's mod.
    Yep. What Dardo said.
    As for our next update, Rome and Carthage will get new units and additions to their previous ones. Many new textures and assets from L.L's great mod etc

I was told Egypt will also get a few new units and I hope Epirus does too. Anyway, I'm very excited about the new overhauls, especially for Carthage. So when should we expect them to be released? (not a precise date, just an estimate: a month, 2 months)

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Around the same time as Bannerlord and half-life 3.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Around the same time as Bannerlord and half-life 3.
    But right before Star Citizen.

Or maybe together with Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny's sequel...Oh wait that's actually going to happen.

Can you touch on the part about don_Diego and the fixing of the engines problematic animations? What was fixed and what effect does it have on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey85 View Post
    Can you touch on the part about don_Diego and the fixing of the engines problematic animations? What was fixed and what effect does it have on the game?
    With pleasure. Literally dozens of animations weren't used at all, since they were striped down from CA. @Diego fixed them and re applied them. The result is that with our latest releases, you at last will be able to see much much more immersive,brutal and bloody animations plus combinations of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post

Right on thanks for the info Dardo.

Right on thanks for the info Dardo.
    Ofc feel free to report any issues you may have.

With pleasure. Literally dozens of animations weren't used at all, since they were striped down from CA. @Diego fixed them and re applied them. The result is that with our latest releases, you at last will be able to see much much more immersive,brutal and bloody animations plus combinations of them.
    So have these changes already been implemented in current patches? Or will the main body of these fixes be included in the upcoming major updates with the Rome/Carthage changes?

I know I have read about matched combat tweaks leading to supposed more animations in previous DEI patch notes, but I currently do not see that much variety in animations. If there have been further breakthroughs that have yet to be released that is pretty exciting news!

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey85 View Post
    So have these changes already been implemented in current patches? Or will the main body of these fixes be included in the upcoming major updates with the Rome/Carthage changes?

I know I have read about matched combat tweaks leading to supposed more animations in previous DEI patch notes, but I currently do not see that much variety in animations. If there have been further breakthroughs that have yet to be released that is pretty exciting news!
    Already implemented and currently during further enchantment. The possibility of seeing them may varies from unit to unit, their experience,class and other factors.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Don't misunderstand me!
    I'd rather have more content (better gameplay and expanded DLC campaigns) than further overhauls for many factions.
    Perhaps a empire divided overhaul?
    Of course it is your mod and therefore your decision!

Dont say that! Im atill patiently waiting for my precious carthage to get some looooooove <3

Go go devs!
    Last edited by Nordling; May 08, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast