Thread: Black screen intermittently in Battles

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Black screen intermittently in Battles

I have had a problem when in battles, and get a black screen for a second then returns to normal, this happens intermittently approx every 30 seconds. for me this makes the game unplayable (only played an hour) and got a refund! I will install it when these problems are fixed.

I have the new Nvidia Driver version 397.31.

My specs....

GTX 1080 TI,
    i7 7700k Kaby Lake,
    Samsung M.2 500GB SSD,
    32GB ram.

I am not ranting or complaining, but I have never had a TW game that hasnt had problems straight out of the box as it were, and I cant be bothered these days looking for fixes etc.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Black screen intermittently in Battles

Latest Nvidia Drivers having issues with many games AFAIK (I'm checking driver and performance things frequently) and I remember most Total War titles had problems with NVIDIA drivers since Shogun 2. Especially with A.A and V-Sync.
    I'm sure it will be solved with time.

Rollback drivers and use a driver sweeper if you dont (I use ddu...get it from www.guru3d.com). Well I have always used a driversweepr in safe mode and always do a clean install (dont bother with nvidia extras unless ofc u need).

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    I have had a problem when in battles, and get a black screen for a second then returns to normal, this happens intermittently approx every 30 seconds. for me this makes the game unplayable (only played an hour) and got a refund! I will install it when these problems are fixed.

I have the new Nvidia Driver version 397.31.

My specs....

GTX 1080 TI,
    i7 7700k Kaby Lake,
    Samsung M.2 500GB SSD,
    32GB ram.

I am not ranting or complaining, but I have never had a TW game that hasnt had problems straight out of the box as it were, and I cant be bothered these days looking for fixes etc.
    Black screen! That sounds like a video card issue more than a CA/SEGA issue. Do a clean installation of drivers. I have the same specs as you only i5 and 16GB of RAM and the latest Nvidia driver and I'm not having any issues. Or maybe take out a few sticks or RAM and try again.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

As it happens I dont know what it was but uninstalling the game then installing it has fixed the problem.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    As it happens I dont know what it was but uninstalling the game then installing it has fixed the problem.
    Good to know.