Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help!

Tiro

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help!

Getting Mad …

https://ibb.co/7bPTgCk

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Vankar View Post
    Getting Mad …

https://ibb.co/7bPTgCk
    Can you tell us what you were doing when it crashed? If it crashed when trying to launch the game then do you have the 4gb patch applied to the medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe?

Tiro

Fixed ! I moved the whole folder another hard disk , an external one. And now all works

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dragour View Post
    Can you tell us what you were doing when it crashed? If it crashed when trying to launch the game then do you have the 4gb patch applied to the medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe?
    Today I have tried to play again but I cannot play the Campaign. If I use the custom campaign the game crashes, if i use the "warcraft campagin" it sends me back to the main menu. Despite this, Custom Battles are fine, they work.

I have applied the 4gb patch on Kingdoms, it couldnt be opened on Med2.

I use a CD-Version installed on a separate Disc.

Any idea ? :|
    Last edited by Vankar; March 23, 2019 at 08:35 AM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Either a faulty installation or you have forgotten to de-activate the advisor before launching the campaign.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

It is impossible to fail with the CD-version.. You just plce it in the mods-folder and click the .bat-file to start. After patching the game it should start. And if the advisor is de-activated then the campaign should also work.

Make sure to not have the Sega-folder in program files on new computers and de-activate the User Account Control.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Tiro

I think I missed the part "
    And if the advisor is de-activated then the campaign should also work
    " …

What is this ? I dont find it in the instructions…

Tiro

deleted
    Last edited by Vankar; March 24, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

Tiro

Then... I have now found something "ridicolous". If I play a custom battle and THEN join the campaing it works. If i join the campaign directly no.

Something is off with your install.. That is the case in Game of Thrones: Enhanced that you'd need to fight a quick/custom-battle before starting the campaign. So iv'e seen that issue before.

- But it has never been required in Warcraft Total War.

- The Havamal

I have a technical problem to report. I've been playing the mod for 1 week now and it's great but now when a enter a battle it begins to lag and does not run smoothly anymore. Do any of you have encountered this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by aremgt2 View Post
    I have a technical problem to report. I've been playing the mod for 1 week now and it's great but now when a enter a battle it begins to lag and does not run smoothly anymore. Do any of you have encountered this problem?
    The mod can lag for many reasons - computer specs, not using the 4gb patch, having huge settings with more than 2 armies.

Can't really say if it's normal lag or not by your post.

- The Havamal

any idea how ot start work this ? play quel talas and frist ifght ctd , second same, try other, try fix and now i cant even start campaing ;/ any help ? have 4gb patch have fix have preference file

Quote Originally Posted by GRUHA View Post
    any idea how ot start work this ? play quel talas and frist ifght ctd , second same, try other, try fix and now i cant even start campaing ;/ any help ? have 4gb patch have fix have preference file
    1. Remove the giants/phoenixes before starting a battle and see if that helps. Battle-CTD are most likely due to giant units being too many on the battlefield.

2. Can't start a campaign? Make sure the "Advisor" is not enabled in the faction selection screen- because the campaign won't work if it is.

3. Sure the 4gb patch has been properly used on the correct .exe?

Besides that i can't help you, as the giants will be fixed in the coming release and will CTD during battles if too many in the current.

Edit: And also if you downloaded the unoffical patch by Gigantus then the campaign won't work. You will be thrown back to the main menu because that happened to me. Only use stuff from MODDb and nothing else.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 14, 2020 at 02:08 PM.

- The Havamal

I just found this mod yesterday and got really excited! However, I'm not able to load the game at all. Total War Definitive edition, downloaded Warcraft mod as described via winRAR and placed it in mods folder. Successfully patched with 4gb patch, and also installed the Warcraft Starter. When I click to open desktop icon, I get a loading screen with the warcraft stuff for a couple of seconds and then it closes with no warning messages. I can't think of what else to try. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Etherite View Post
    I just found this mod yesterday and got really excited! However, I'm not able to load the game at all. Total War Definitive edition, downloaded Warcraft mod as described via winRAR and placed it in mods folder. Successfully patched with 4gb patch, and also installed the Warcraft Starter. When I click to open desktop icon, I get a loading screen with the warcraft stuff for a couple of seconds and then it closes with no warning messages. I can't think of what else to try. Any thoughts?
    The Warcraft starter isn't supported at all. Only the material on MODDB.

If you are the guy posting a review on the mod and the modders then you won't get any help. I banned you from the discord for a reason.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The Warcraft starter isn't supported at all. Only the material on MODDB.

If you are the guy posting a review on the mod and the modders then you won't get any help. I banned you from the discord for a reason.
    Nope, wasn't me posting any reviews.

Good to know though that the starter isn't officially supported. Using Steam, is there a launch options code or something I need to use to get it to work then?

Quote Originally Posted by Etherite View Post
    Nope, wasn't me posting any reviews.

Good to know though that the starter isn't officially supported. Using Steam, is there a launch options code or something I need to use to get it to work then?
    Nope.

1. Install Medieval 2 to the latest version (Steam does this automatically).

2. Make sure all the required files for Medieval 2 are installed (such as DirectX).

3. Use the 4gb patch on the medieval2.exe by patching the exe as an administrator. The patch is a program. If you've done this for other mods already you don't need to do it again. It's for Medieval 2, not for the mod itself- it makes Med2 able to run heavier mods without crashing all the time. As it increases the ram the game can read.

4. Make a backup of one of the expansions and rename it to for example "teutonic2"- then create a new empty folder and name it "teutonic" (or any of the other expansion names) -then place the inside of the downloaded "WTW"-folder inside of the new "teutonic"-folder after which you should launch the teutonic expansion, or the one you have chosen through the Steam launcher.

Don't place the folder "WTW" inside of "teutonic"- the inside of that folder, not the folder itself.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 23, 2020 at 01:51 PM.

- The Havamal

I have a problem not listed here. Unable to start any battle or campaign as the "Back" and "Start" buttons are missing from the menu screens

Quote Originally Posted by chrislennighan View Post
    I have a problem not listed here. Unable to start any battle or campaign as the "Back" and "Start" buttons are missing from the menu screens
    Make sure to use the English release of the mod. I seem to remember that if I used a Russian mod that sometimes the buttons and texts where blank.

That's if I had installed the English game and then used a Russian language mod.

- The Havamal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast