Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help!

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help!

Isnt that the winter season in the mod? As for Rome i dont know.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    Isnt that the winter season in the mod? As for Rome i dont know.
    Maybe, but the odd thing is that Rome had the same issue.. It may very well be..

Edit: You are most likely right. It is the snow - but in DBM there is an actual issue.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 01, 2018 at 06:41 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Reinstalled the mod and patch 4gb. The battle goes well. When I tried to go into the campaign for the first time, I saw the blurred cities of the enemy and the invisible commanders / agents of the enemy. After trying to go into the campaign again and again, this error occurred: (at the end of the download)

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    Reinstalled the mod and patch 4gb. The battle goes well. When I tried to go into the campaign for the first time, I saw the blurred cities of the enemy and the invisible commanders / agents of the enemy. After trying to go into the campaign again and again, this error occurred: (at the end of the download)
    I suggest you to reinstall.

That is the 4GB error - you've done something wrong.

If you are using Steam then you'd need to follow the video on moddb - if you have the CD-version then i don't know why unless you applied the 4gb patch wrongly.

Plus the 4gb patch should not need to be applied more than once. Reinstalling the mod doesn't mean reinstalling Medieval 2 and the patch is for the Kingdoms.exe (steam) or the medieval2.exe (CD)..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 05, 2018 at 04:07 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Tonzura's Avatar Laetus

Default Persistent Crash during Maraudon siege battle

Hey WTW team! I'm loving the mod so far, and I can only see it getting better and more polished over time.
    So far, I've only come across one persistent CTD during my campaign, but unfortunately I've had to stop playing my campaign until I can find a fix.

I'm playing as the Horde and trying to challenge myself by being diplomatic with all the human nations, allowing factions nearby to survive except my long campaign objective factions, etc. I'm about ~45 turns in (haven't checked in a few days) and sieging Maraudon. The siege battle goes smoothly up until around the time I take the outer walls of the castle and get the notification that I've captured the gatehouse. At that point, I get a CTD. I've tried this twice and got the CTD around the same point. The Legion doesn't have infernals so I'm not sure what's causing the crash. Also, I really don't want to autoresolve the battle because I've tried that and it always results in a clear defeat, even though I can definitely win it manually.

If it helps, my army is fighting at night so the Legion's nearby reinforcement army is grayed out and can't help them.

I can't post a screenshot right now but I'll do that soon. If it helps, I can post screens of the battle setup on the campaign map before I assault the castle, and pics of the battle itself before the crash inevitably happens.

Default Re: Persistent Crash during Maraudon siege battle

Quote Originally Posted by Tonzura View Post
    Hey WTW team! I'm loving the mod so far, and I can only see it getting better and more polished over time.
    So far, I've only come across one persistent CTD during my campaign, but unfortunately I've had to stop playing my campaign until I can find a fix.

I'm playing as the Horde and trying to challenge myself by being diplomatic with all the human nations, allowing factions nearby to survive except my long campaign objective factions, etc. I'm about ~45 turns in (haven't checked in a few days) and sieging Maraudon. The siege battle goes smoothly up until around the time I take the outer walls of the castle and get the notification that I've captured the gatehouse. At that point, I get a CTD. I've tried this twice and got the CTD around the same point. The Legion doesn't have infernals so I'm not sure what's causing the crash. Also, I really don't want to autoresolve the battle because I've tried that and it always results in a clear defeat, even though I can definitely win it manually.

If it helps, my army is fighting at night so the Legion's nearby reinforcement army is grayed out and can't help them.

I can't post a screenshot right now but I'll do that soon. If it helps, I can post screens of the battle setup on the campaign map before I assault the castle, and pics of the battle itself before the crash inevitably happens.
    I need to know what giant units are in the battle and how many. It's always the big guys causing these issues. If they are too many.

- The Havamal

Tonzura's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I need to know what giant units are in the battle and how many. It's always the big guys causing these issues. If they are too many.
    Thanks for the fast response!
    In order, here are pics of my army comp, the Legion's army comp, and our respective general's bodyguard units. I might be having a browser issue right now with uploads so I'll just link to the images instead of posting them.

https://imgur.com/octIfrQ
    https://imgur.com/bgrwQ43
    https://imgur.com/se7or4Y
    https://imgur.com/FSQtwhm

Quote Originally Posted by Tonzura View Post
    Thanks for the fast response!
    In order, here are pics of my army comp, the Legion's army comp, and our respective general's bodyguard units. I might be having a browser issue right now with uploads so I'll just link to the images instead of posting them.

https://imgur.com/octIfrQ
    https://imgur.com/bgrwQ43
    https://imgur.com/se7or4Y
    https://imgur.com/FSQtwhm
    All i can say is that it have nothing to do with the outdated Horde models.

It could be the Fel Hounds, even though i did lower their unit size so they shouldn't get stuck on most deployment zones. It's either them, the Imps or something else.

- The Havamal

I've found an annoying bug in the unreleased version that is connected to WarcraftHero's battlefield changes. I am not sure exactly how, but when fighting a siege battle in Tranquilien (High Elven lands) the terrain is plagued by lava at various locations.

There may be more instances such as this which could be bad for immersion.

- Fighting battles in the Dark Iron Lands, and near Uldaman - things look as they should. I agree the orange color is slightly too bright and could be made less shiny.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-30-19-979.jpg   kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-30-55-586.jpg   kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-30-57-676.jpg   kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-31-34-520.jpg   kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-31-40-372.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-31-51-469.jpg   kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-33-01-967.jpg   kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-34-26-600.jpg   kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-37-59-757.jpg   kingdoms 2018-08-28 02-39-27-520.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 27, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I've found an annoying bug in the unreleased version that is connected to WarcraftHero's battlefield changes. I am not sure exactly how, but when fighting a siege battle in Tranquilien (High Elven lands) the terrain is plagued by lava at various locations.

There may be more instances such as this which could be bad for immersion.

- Fighting battles in the Dark Iron Lands, and near Uldaman - things look as they should. I agree the orange color is slightly too bright and could be made less shiny.
    I've gotten a fix from warcraftHero in this issue - so it's most likely solved.

- The Havamal

I've found a bug in the most recent version, that i at first thought were new - but it is in the released version as well.

- CTD when attacking the settlement held by rebel Banshee's in Northrend!

No idea why this happens, as the Banshee's do have a slave-entry in both the BMDB and in the EDU.

There are only Skeletons and banshee's in the settlement.

Could be a faulty entry of the leader in the descr_strat.

Edit:

Yes, there were a faulty entry in the descr_strat for the generals model - it should be banshees - not Banshees, the same issue were the case in the EDU. Only the entry at the top in the EDU should be written with a big letter.

Type Banshees.
    Dictionary banshees

soldier banshees

armour_ug_models banshees

However, this fix didn't correct the CTD.

So i replaced the slave entry in the BMDB with the Forsaken entry, instead of the Scourge one - because i thought they fit better for the rebel Banshees. - In all honesty i don't think this was it as well, because the Scourge Banshee's worked.

The final thing i did was adding the slave-entry to eras 1-3 in the EDU.

I aldready had written Ownership Scourge, Slave, Hungary. And Hungary is the Forsaken.

But would still get CTD - after i did the things above and added the slave entry to:

Era 0
    Era 1
    Era 2

- It actually worked

Code:
    character    sub_faction scourge, Selas, named character, male, age 20, x 184, y 301, portrait banshee, battle_model banshees

8 banshees
    1 4 
    53 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/undead/banshees_lod0.mesh 121 
    53 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/undead/banshees_lod0.mesh 900 
    53 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/undead/banshees_lod0.mesh 2500 
    53 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/undead/banshees_lod0.mesh 6400 
    7 scourge 
    68 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/undead/textures/banshees_scourge.texture 
    67 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/undead/textures/banshees_normal.texture
    37 unit_sprites/merc_Pilgrims_sprite.spr
    7 hungary
    69 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/undead/textures/banshees_forsaken.texture 
    5 slave 
    69 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/undead/textures/banshees_forsaken.texture 
    7 scourge
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_england_diff.texture 
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_england_norm.texture 0
    7 hungary
    5 slave
    4 None 
    17 MTW2_Fast_Javelin 
    19 MTW2_Fast_Swordsman 2 
    20 MTW2_Javelin_primary 
    14 fs_test_shield 2 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    14 fs_test_shield 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

type             Banshees
    dictionary       banshees      ;
    category         infantry
    class            missile
    voice_type       Light
    banner faction   main_missile
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          banshees, 12, 0, 0.9
    attributes       sea_faring, can_withdraw, can_swim, very_hardy, frighten_mounted, frighten_foot
    move_speed_mod 1.4
    formation        1.3, 1.3, 2.6, 2.6, 2, square
    stat_health      3, 0
    stat_pri         12, 0, green_fire_ball, 150, 20, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex      0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr    ap, bp, area
    stat_sec         8, 8, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex      0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr    ap
    stat_pri_armour  12, 9, 5, flesh
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, leather
    stat_heat          0
    stat_ground      0, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental      7, impetuous, untrained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food          60, 300
    stat_cost          4, 3000, 300, 100, 100, 3000, 1, 666
    armour_ug_levels 5, 6
    armour_ug_models banshees
    ownership        scourge, slave, hungary
    era 0            scourge, hungary, slave
    era 1            scourge, hungary, slave
    era 2            scourge, hungary, slave
    ;unit_info        13, 0, 21
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 29, 2018 at 12:03 AM.

- The Havamal

Playing as Stormwind VHVH - having crashes in battles.
    I was sieging the Ogre rebel fort when they sallied. Tried to use my archers to whittle them down, got a ctd.
    Tried again without archers. Battle was going fine while I was fighting the gnoll slaves. I engaged the Ogre units and it was still fine for a while, then I got another CTD. I maaaaay have zoomed in on the Ogres while my cavaliers were charging them.

Any hope for a fix?

EDIT: Third time's the charm. Did not zoom in on the Ogres, did not order my archers to shoot (I just let them auto-fire on the Gnolls until they got too close). NO ctds. However, it was not a satisfying battle to fight.

P.S. The archers in this game seem to be a bit OP. In the battle that I mention, my human archers are responsible for 400 out of the 550 kills and they were only shooting until the enemy got close. Granted, I had four units of them and they were firing at gnolls, but it felt too powerful.
    Last edited by Rad; October 27, 2018 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Playing as Stormwind VHVH - having crashes in battles.
    I was sieging the Ogre rebel fort when they sallied. Tried to use my archers to whittle them down, got a ctd.
    Tried again without archers. Battle was going fine while I was fighting the gnoll slaves. I engaged the Ogre units and it was still fine for a while, then I got another CTD. I maaaaay have zoomed in on the Ogres while my cavaliers were charging them.

Any hope for a fix?

EDIT: Third time's the charm. Did not zoom in on the Ogres, did not order my archers to shoot (I just let them auto-fire on the Gnolls until they got too close). NO ctds. However, it was not a satisfying battle to fight.

P.S. The archers in this game seem to be a bit OP. In the battle that I mention, my human archers are responsible for 400 out of the 550 kills and they were only shooting until the enemy got close. Granted, I had four units of them and they were firing at gnolls, but it felt too powerful.
    Is your computer new or old? Is it a gaming computer or not?

- All giant units can potentially cause issues, especially on lower end computers - Ogres have never caused CTD for me but i have a gaming computer from 2013 as well.

- I don't think there will be a fix to the Ogre-issue as almost none have it.

- The Havamal

4GB of Ram, AMD Athlon(tm) X4 840 Quad Core Processor at 3.10GHz with an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series graphics card - not the best, but it should do for a game from 2006. I am playing mods like Call of warhammer, Europa Barbarorum 2, Broken Crescent etc on high graphics with huge unit settings. Haven't had any unit related ctds in those mods.

First of all, i would like to thank you for your hard work with the new faction.
    Each model of the trade coalition look amazing and all units are really fun to play, especially the Sappers (a full stack of them is like throwing real napalm ).
    Aside from a random CTD when i tried to play all the goblin rooster in a single custom battle that never happened again, everything seem to work flawlessly for me.
    I even tried each unit in full stack mode and no CTDS whatsoever!
    The only minor problem that i have found so far is about the colossal warform.
    Maybe it was just a random thing in my gameplay but i think i should report it anyway, just in case.
    While we are speaking about just a few units they do work flawlessly but when you have a full stack on the battlefield they seem to have some problems.
    I do know that they are that type of units who can charge without orders but something looks not right here, they do charge without order a lot and worst of all they tend to charge anywhere but not the enemy position really often.
    Plus, i noticed that sometimes they tend to freeze too, they just stop moving all of sudden until you give them another order and sometimes they seem to briefly stop between an attack animation and the next one too.
    It could be just a problem with their number and dimensions or the fact that they were focusing a single enemy unit before attacking the rest of the enemy army though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerg93 View Post
    First of all, i would like to thank you for your hard work with the new faction.
    Each model of the trade coalition look amazing and all units are really fun to play, especially the Sappers (a full stack of them is like throwing real napalm ).
    Aside from a random CTD when i tried to play all the goblin rooster in a single custom battle that never happened again, everything seem to work flawlessly for me.
    I even tried each unit in full stack mode and no CTDS whatsoever!
    The only minor problem that i have found so far is about the colossal warform.
    Maybe it was just a random thing in my gameplay but i think i should report it anyway, just in case.
    While we are speaking about just a few units they do work flawlessly but when you have a full stack on the battlefield they seem to have some problems.
    I do know that they are that type of units who can charge without orders but something looks not right here, they do charge without order a lot and worst of all they tend to charge anywhere but not the enemy position really often.
    Plus, i noticed that sometimes they tend to freeze too, they just stop moving all of sudden until you give them another order and sometimes they seem to briefly stop between an attack animation and the next one too.
    It could be just a problem with their number and dimensions or the fact that they were focusing a single enemy unit before attacking the rest of the enemy army though.
    Any model work is the work of Bantu Chieftain, i did code them all into the mod and all the files - but he worked with the models so it's thanks to him they were made compatible with Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms.

Of course the models weren't created by him. Riged as in worked on in MS3D to make them compatible with MED2 skeletons and animations. I agree that they look beautiful. I wish the skeletons would get remade into similar fashion.

All factions will work much better in custom battles due to all the giants being one in numbers.

- In the campaign they are three because of the multiplying of huge or large size - only way around is by using advanced scripts which i don't have knowledge in.I could try to copy the scripts from other mods but it seems confusing.

Making a unit one in the campaign is easy, but the problem will be when you save and exit - and then enter a savegame.. They will automatically be three! I know the German Westeros mod have single dragons, Hyrule have single heroes and Third Age has a single Balrog/Sauron - but they are using a script which makes the giant units respawn as one unit at every turn. And if they are killed it can relate to that appropriately as well.

Sadly i lack the skills to create such a script. Therefore the giants especially, but also to some extent the dragons - will cause ctd in the campaign. We have fixed the AI issue of spaming giants and dragons by making them rare to recruit. However, Rampaned (Youtuber) also got the mod and when he tried to record it the new giant Pyrestar Demolishers in use by the Blood Elves did CTD - while the Phoenixes did not. In the worst scenario i will just remove giants from the campaign completely.

- The Havamal

In the worst scenario i will just remove giants from the campaign completely.
    That would be a real shame.
    But hey if you can't fix them better remove them.
    I guess you could try to resize them a bit, but if they become too small then they wouldn't be "Giant" by any means at that point.
    This is quite problematic .

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but it seems to me like it is. Have you checked the attack of the Priests of the Holy Light mage unit? They can basically 1 shot everything in the game as far as I can tell, and the amount of area and knockback on their attacks is insane, they delete entire battalions in a single volley. Their stats and cost seem to suggest to me that they're meant to be a low-tier mage, but right now they are hands down the best mage unit for not only the humans, but in the entire game. Is this intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite KryPtik View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but it seems to me like it is. Have you checked the attack of the Priests of the Holy Light mage unit? They can basically 1 shot everything in the game as far as I can tell, and the amount of area and knockback on their attacks is insane, they delete entire battalions in a single volley. Their stats and cost seem to suggest to me that they're meant to be a low-tier mage, but right now they are hands down the best mage unit for not only the humans, but in the entire game. Is this intentional?
    Bantu changed their projectile so i would guess it is intentional - he wanted them to kill lots of Undead. I am not entirely positive of that change but Scarlets have it easier in Northrend now.

- The Havamal

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Wierd, they are supposed to have single target projectiles.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast