Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Bug reports and Technical help!

Please post all the bugs you can find here. Especiallly bugs from the campaign as random CTD during custom battles cannot be helped.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help!

Bugs:

1. Short Campaign - Will result in Minor Factions winning and no goals being pointed out. It is not supported.

Solution - Always play Long Campaigns.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

When I played custom battle and select minor faction, game was always CTD. Did you know reason?

Answer:
    Never use "all" as the era, if you are going to use the rebels as it will cause a crash - limit of units in custom battles is 200 in the selection screen - rebels vastly exceeds that limit causing a ctd.Use early, mid or late era - as that will remove most units in use by others from the rebels - preventing said ctd.

Hi! The game crashes when i open diplomacy. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Answer: Did you disable the advisors?

What will you do about aging? Having lords die out of old age sucks especially when they are "Unique" like Thrall or Arthas etc.

Answer: Mod has a 12 turns per year system - characters age 6 times as slow.

Without patching the exe I can start the game and start a campaign. But when it just finished loading it crashes and it tells me then my graphics are too high (I am using the provided settings).When I patch my game it won't even start. "The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142). Any ideas?

Answer
    : No, because you'd need to patch it using the 4gb patch or you get the first result you mentioned..

And if it doesn't work after being patched then i suggest you to try Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times and see if that works. It is using the same patch.

Hi i am playing for scourge and i destroyed nerubians after when i get their last city game has been crash every time what can i do ?

Answer: Delete the file Unlocked.txt inside of wtw/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and it shouldn't crash after destroying the Nerubians by taking their Capital..

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 08, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

- The Havamal

Guys, just post bugs and solutions to real issues here.

No posting of "resources missing" if they are missing because someone hasn't done a finished job. Then we could post about all the other missing things in the beta as well - that is not the point of this thread.

- The Havamal

Hello. Just wanted to report a bug i stumbled upon. I have been playing with Theramore faction and Im not certain that its a general bug, but here it is. None of the generals change their stats (command, piety, loyalty, chivalry or authority) ever. They dont get any perks either. Also the new characters e.g. adopted ones or the ones that have come of age, spawn wit no perks and all stats set to zero. They also dont change, ever.
    Anyway, enjoying the mod very much. Thank you for your attention.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquinique View Post
    Hello. Just wanted to report a bug i stumbled upon. I have been playing with Theramore faction and Im not certain that its a general bug, but here it is. None of the generals change their stats (command, piety, loyalty, chivalry or authority) ever. They dont get any perks either. Also the new characters e.g. adopted ones or the ones that have come of age, spawn wit no perks and all stats set to zero. They also dont change, ever.
    Anyway, enjoying the mod very much. Thank you for your attention.
    Cheers
    That is not a bug, but a feature that was removed prior to release due to instability. However it has already been fixed and traits are back into the mod as of the next working version

Glad to hear it. Having immense fun with the mod. You guys are doing a wonderful job.
    All the best.

I've played 41 turns as the Legion, after changing their numbers - not a crash until the 41 turn!

I believe the economy needs a fix, as i had to use a cheat to not get bankrupt.

Otherwise the fel hounds are fixed, the big units are now seven and most other demons have been reduced in their numbers. Legion is still the strongest faction.

However, mod crashed mid-battle when using three armies VS three armies (Legion vs the Night Elves) and two armies on both sides had about full size - while the other two armies on both sides together were like three thirds of an army. But NE had a slight numerical advantage - Legion had better units!

I believe it crashed due to the Infernals. So nothing can be done unless they are turned into elephants and made even fewer in numbers.
    Sucks without infernals, but in the worst case we may have to remove units like that in order to have a working and playable mod. It's not fun when things start to crash at about turn 41 when both the player and the AI have more than one army on the field.

I managed to play two armies VS two without problems many times up until turn 41. So i think it works from time to time. Will try this particular battle again.

I know the Naga crashed immediately when zooming in on them, but worked when keeping a distance with the camera (battle did not crash when doing that) - so it may be a single unit there as well.

Pics are of the campaign, and the battle that crashed is shown in the first few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-22-43-930.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-22-49-319.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-23-01-416.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-23-28-807.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-23-44-084.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-24-37-950.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-24-41-916.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-24-44-410.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-24-52-385.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-24-57-475.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 12, 2018 at 06:23 AM.

- The Havamal

Battle worked fine without problems the second time. I avoided zooming in on the Infernals during the whole battle.

In any case - you should be able to zoom in on all the units including the Infernals in most battles.

Solutions to CTD with the Burning Legion:

1. You will need my updated EDU where i have lowered the numbers of all their demons and especially the big ones.

- You can fight battles as usual after adding my file - at least in most cases.

2. You will need to avoid zooming in on the Infernals-unit in battles where crashes occur mid-battle - then it should work fine.

3. Night Elven Shadowglen Guardians might also have the "too many polygons"-issue - avoid zooming in on that unit in battles that have crashed mid-battle as well. But i did for short periods of time during the below battle (as shown in the pics) and nothing happened - i didn't dare to do the same with the Infernals.

- So basically certain units cannot be zoomed in on during battles where too many units are present - it would crash due to a Medieval 2 hardcoded limit on polygons. - Avoid zooming in on those units if the battle have crashed once.

4. Always save your game before a real time battle.

5. Mountain Giants of the Night Elves, Sea Giants of the Naga, Molten Giants of the Dark Irons and other giant units such as Dragon Turtles, Naga Sea Snakes, Naga Couatls, Frost Wyrms, Varguls/Ymirjars/Vrykuls, Arcane Guardians, Dark Iron Golems, Dragonflights etc might or may not have the same type of issue as the Infernals - i know for certain that the big flyers and Giant units cause such issues - but Dragonflights etc not as often as the Giants. And minor giants less out of these i think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-05-12 13-58-16-499.jpg   kingdoms 2018-05-12 14-00-12-794.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 12, 2018 at 07:10 AM.

- The Havamal

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Its a model related problem for the Infernals. I have extracted those used in WoW and they crashed relentlessly before going into battle. I had to use others entirely and they worked but not what how i expected, they still crash.

Another issue I have found. For some reason I can't load troops on fleets, first appears a screen with the merge option but after selecting the units I want to board and pressing complete nothing happens. I've been playing with move character cheat code in order to move in between islands.

Hello, I want to report a bug I guess.. I'm playing Night elves and in battle, everytime there are cavarly units coming (my tigers and naga ones), more often the enemy side, my screen goes to black and I have to force shutdown. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadllySin View Post
    Another issue I have found. For some reason I can't load troops on fleets, first appears a screen with the merge option but after selecting the units I want to board and pressing complete nothing happens. I've been playing with move character cheat code in order to move in between islands.
    What troops exactly?

Because there may be issues if a certain unit doesn't have the correct attribute in the EDU - but i think all the units have the ship-attribute. May be one unit that doesn't have the attribute causing it to not being able to board ships.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by DeadllySin View Post
    Hello, I want to report a bug I guess.. I'm playing Night elves and in battle, everytime there are cavarly units coming (my tigers and naga ones), more often the enemy side, my screen goes to black and I have to force shutdown. Any ideas?
    Does it CTD, or does it turn black and you exit the game yourself?

In an earlier version i could get a similar issue when playing as the dark Irons/Khaz'Modan in a hotseat.. After winning a siege-battle in Dark iron lands the entire sky would become black and then it would crash after ending the turn or such. I haven't had such issues since we fixed the Deadwind-pass map-issue.

It hasn't happened in battle for me though.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Does it CTD, or does it turn black and you exit the game yourself?

In an earlier version i could get a similar issue when playing as the dark Irons/Khaz'Modan in a hotseat.. After winning a siege-battle in Dark iron lands the entire sky would become black and then it would crash after ending the turn or such. I haven't had such issues since we fixed the Deadwind-pass map-issue.

It hasn't happened in battle for me though.
    Any night elf unit I try to load in a fleet I'm unable to complete the merging. I don't know exactly what you mean by CTD and hotseat, but by black I mean the sound still plays and seems like the game is still going on but without any image, just completely black, (after I force shutdown it appears a costume msg saying something like "sorry pal w this crashed and we don't know why", something like this.
    Also on a side note, I just found I couldn't even get into the pre-battle deployment stage fighting the neutral town of Eldre'thalas and it's default army... Besides this I can't fight the burning legion due to the same thing, it goes to black right after loading the battle.

Probably due to Legion and Naga units. They're the factions with units causing ctd. We Will need to limit their numbers. Ctd is due to the polygons i think.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Screenshots and Videos Thread

It would seem something is off with the Lordaeron and Stromgarde cities.

WarcraftHero has made retextured settlements, and they do in fact work for Theramore and Stormwind - but for some reason they don't show up for Stromgarde or Lordaeron.. This wasn't the case in earlier versions.. Not sure why it has changed. I count this as a bug.

- The Havamal

I managed to fix two bugs conserning the Nerubians.

1. The rebel Nerubian army did crash in real time battle - this was due to the "Nerubian Creeps" unit which had different textures for the body when comparing the Nerubian one with the Scourge one, and the Scourge one i had deleted i think.

2. The battles outside of Ahn'Kahet always crash - this was due to the formations and has been fixed by increasing the rows of the Nerubian Spider-units. - They had too wide formations in just two rows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-06-23 21-12-39-173.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-23 21-12-51-732.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-23 21-13-47-866.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-23 21-32-54-818.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-23 21-39-34-633.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-06-23 22-23-11-511.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-23 22-23-14-369.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-23 22-23-18-541.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-23 22-23-22-932.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-23 22-37-42-795.jpg  

- The Havamal

About the CTD when trying to enter certain custom battles,

- I've found that a solution could be to just change the unit used as the first unit (captain) - make sure not to use siege engines or giant units as your first unit.

As an example the mod will always CTD when trying to use the Meat Wagon as the first unit (at least it did when it had the Abominations as crew) and Dreadlords will also CTD.

Not all giants/siege engines will have this problem. But if the mod CTD when the loading ends, and without entering the pre-battle screen - then i think the solution is to just use another unit as the first unit.

As for CTD during battles i'd guess you'd have to w8 for the next version.

- The Havamal

I've got this bug where the Human settlements look blue and yellow/red and yellow in one battle as they should, and in the next they all have white roofs.. Anyone else have these issues? They don't look as they should in every battle.

Playing the new DBM 2.0 i'd get the very same issue.. Rome looked fine the first battle i played when i attacked it, but then when they sallied out the next time i attacked it had the Rome buildings but white roofs.. This was never the case in old DBM or any other mod for that matter. I used DBM settlements in WotN and TLK:WotN and i never had this issue - but now i am worried the same issue will be there as well..

So, if it is in both Warcraft and DBM 2.0 then that means it might have to do with the main Medieval 2 - because i never had these issues inthe past in DBM so it could be a new issue due to a windows update, Steam or the fact i used chinese animations in the main game.

I really need experience from other people regarding battles and if the custom settlements ever show white roofs as of recently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-06-25 02-16-46-618.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-25 02-19-18-339.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-25 02-32-25-801.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-25 02-36-05-278.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-25 02-36-47-692.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-06-25 02-37-38-606.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-25 02-48-27-922.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-25 02-49-23-208.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-26 05-42-31-520.jpg  

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast