Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help!

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help!

That wasn't the problem. Just downloaded and installed the latest updated version. The resolution settings cut off the bottom of the screen, making it impossible to start a new campaign game. Changing the resolution in the config files only had the effect of making the launcher exe crash without starting. Please advise on how to play this mod on a 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help!

Quote Originally Posted by chrislennighan View Post
    That wasn't the problem. Just downloaded and installed the latest updated version. The resolution settings cut off the bottom of the screen, making it impossible to start a new campaign game. Changing the resolution in the config files only had the effect of making the launcher exe crash without starting. Please advise on how to play this mod on a 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor.
    I'm using such a monitor myself.

It's important to always start the mod using the provided M2TWEOP-tool on Windows 10 or 11, or the giants in the mod and 4-legged dog-styled units (hounds/snap dragons) will crash almost immediately upon entering a battle - even on older cmputers many of the giants are going to crash without this tool and as such it's a must to use it.

The tool may sometimes launch the game in a smaller window unless certain steps are taken, also be certain to disable the "advisor" in the faction selection screen before you launch any campaign. The 4gb patch is a must as well.

In order to fix the issue with a small screen follow these steps:

M2TWEOP-TOOL and instructions on how to fix an issue with a small screen on Windows 10:

- ADDITIONAL STEPS REQUIRED FOR THE STEAM-VERSION OF MEDIEVAL 2 ON WIN 10:

I tried it on Windows 7 - no issues, I tried it with the CD-version on Windows 10 - no issues - But according to the creators of the tool it is required to change some stuff for the Steam-version on Win 10 in order to prevent the screen from being too small.

You do need to right-click on the Medieavl2.exe/Kingdoms.exe and change some things in the compatibility mode. It will also need to be done with the tools .exe file.

- This is due to the scaling settings in windows 10.

"You need to open file properties-> compatibility-> change DPI settings-> check the box and select "application""

"This option also helps with med2 for some people (+20fps) (Set dpi scale to "controlled by application"
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234