Thread: Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Beta V. 1.6 RELEASED! - Mod link and instructions here!

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Default Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Beta V. 1.6 RELEASED! - Mod link and instructions here!

The 4gb patch found in the Warhammer: BotET-mod - it's required for the Warcraft beta to work i've been told. I have decided to upload it here so people won't have to download the entire BotET (Beginning of the End Times) submod for Call of Warhammer.
    Patch your kingdoms.exe, and only do it once. It will make all heavy mods work and be more stable. Without the patch you may experience alot of crashes.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-t...raft-total-war

Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA V 1.0! Download-link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-t...blic-beta-v-10

Requirements:
    - a clean installation of Medieval 2 Total War patched to 1.3
    - a clean installation of the Kingdoms expansion patched to 1.5

Instructions:
    1. Download and unrar
    2. Place the WTW folder in Medieval 2 Total War\mods
    3. Run the .bat
    4. Enjoy!

To install the mod using the CD-version, move the mod-folder named "WTW" inside of your Medieval II Total War/mods-folder - after first using the latest version of winRAR to extract the folder - by moving it out manually by draging the folder with your mouse. And start the mod by clicking the .bat-file - for Steam use the ordinary method. Be advised that you must move the entire SEGA game folder out of program files to prevent issues on new computers, also you'd have to deactivate the UAC (User Account Control) as it interfere with mods making them not work. - Read more about disabling the UAC at TWC (Total War Center) or just shut it down totally).

Also, you'd need to download the 4gb patch i've uploaded since before and patch the Kingdoms.exe with it in order for the mod to work, or you'll face crashes a lot and might not even be able to start the mod - using Steam you should patch Medieval2.exe instead i've heard.

Also, download the MedievalII.Preference-file that i did upload a few days ago & place in main Medieval II Total War folder - replacing the old file there. This will enable you to play defensive battles in hotseat, as well as prevent a bug causing CTD when clicking buildings on the campaign - it will also make FMV's work.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-t...or-new-version

WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS MOD WITH ADVISOR ON, NEVER CLICK ADVISOR - mod will CTD!

For Steam watch this video:

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 06, 2018 at 04:44 PM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Beta V. 1.1 RELEASED! - Mod link and instructions here!

Mod has now been updated into it's 1.1 update - using the same link as before and replacing the old 1.0 upload.

Article:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-...-to-version-11
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Beta V. 1.5 RELEASED! - Mod link and instructions here!

Mod has now been updated to it's 1.5 version!

The update is vast, and i will write and post a MOD DB article during the day. Currently it has replaced the old upload and is taking it's place in the old article. But a new one will be made.

Version 1.5 CREDITS from non-members of the team:

Elder Scrolls: Total War and LordNazgul for the Night Elven custom settlements (skins by Bantu Chieftain) and for the Undead village/town in use by the Scourge.

Hyrule Total War and Undying Nephalim for lots of custom settlements in use by many factions (skins remade by Bantu Chieftain)!

DBM and it's creator for the Aztecs vanilla settlements that he/they did have available as files in their mod used by the Troll factions in this mod (reskins by Bantu Chieftain)!

Great Sea: Total War Beta and Undying Nephalim for one of the custom settlements (water removed by me) in use by the Ahn'Qiraj faction!

Third Age: Total War and the Alternative Patch by leo.civil.uefs for the custom settlements in use by the Dark Iron Dwarves!

- Link to his thread over at TWC as requested from him in order for me to use his stuff:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ve-patch-2018-

Download link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-...blic-beta-v-10
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 06, 2018 at 02:09 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Beta V. 1.5 RELEASED! - Mod link and instructions here!

I did win the campaign in the previous version... might as well instal this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I did win the campaign in the previous version... might as well instal this one...
    Might i ask what faction you played as?

Yes - the new version is a lot better and the new custom settlements/settlement reskins make it so much more fresh.

- The Havamal

I played as Stormwind.

Let's discuss in one of the other threads.

I've updated the mod with a patch, one will need t re-download the entire thing - i dislike uploading smaller files and keeping track of each edited file.

EDIT as of 2018-12-08 - First Patch added to the 1.5 version fixing the following issues and maybe more:

- Armored Scorpions in use by the Farraki Trolls have 8 riders - not 50. They will not be invincible on the strat-map as the AI.

- Wrong armor levels for Argent Dawn units in the Scarlet Crusade EK armies in the "Grand Campaign" which is the Frozen Throne campaign - has been fixed, used to cause CTD when attempting to enter battles in the Hearthglen area where they are located.

- Fixed pop growth for real this time, you need to build population growth buildings and such. Not more bonuses than bonus 1 in all the settlements.

- Inquisitor projectile changed to mage_fire to make it deadlier. It doesn't need the same projectile as the Priest.

- All the casters fixed and no longer has "cannot skirmish" unless they are both melee and skirmish like the dwarves, Medusas or Druids. This means that Dreadlords, Warlocks, Priests, Liches and mages won't go into melee all the time and get themselves killed off.

- Scarlet Crusade improved in both campaigns by giving them one unit of Mud Golems in both their starting areas. In the old campaign they did also get Argent Dawn units from the start for one of their commanders instead of the elites - and i've added one unit of mounted paladins to each of their Northrend armies in the old campaign.

- I've playtested as the Naga attacking Arkkoran, as the Burning Legion attacking the Kolkar camp and as the Gurubashi attacking Booty Bay - no ctd and worked fine for me. - Might be the installation or computer causing crashes for the guy reporting those issues.

- Burning Legion can crash in battle some times - just try the same battle again. At least twice, because with the Legion it usually works the second try.

I've made Marshtide Watch a Stormwind settlement, instead of a Gurubashi one. It is held by Bandits after all.

- Fixed the rebel Orc Raiders wolf-mount - it is now the Legion skin and not the ordinary Horde one.

- Added more ammo to all the dragons because they stoped to fire after a very short while.

- The Havamal

EDIT as of 2019-02-09 -Patch added including video with fix for the Vrykul crashing in battles, and for the random purple captain portraits of the Human factions.

Place the data-folder inside of your WTW (Warcraft) folder overwriting all the files.

- Then go into your WTW/data/world/maps/base-folder and delete the .rvm-file in there.

Start the game and enjoy fighting the Vrykuls without any crash.

Issues fixed:

1. Vrykul crash when fighting them in any battle were the general had the "Drakes" custom-model.

- I've replaced the faulty entry of a dragon model with the Drake riders - they won't crash anymore!

2. Human captain portraits being purple randomly.

- I've fixed this issue, and it happened because i had only two portraits for alive captains and two for dead captains - when four for each was needed.

- The Havamal

Version 1.6 changelist:

1. The Trade Coalition (Goblins) added to both the campaigns as a playable faction.

I've added the Agents riged by Bantu, i've implemented all the recruitment, starting garrisons, ships, victory conditions, alliances etc - they are ready to be played.

2. New campaign victory conditions for all the factions in both the main campaign and the Frozen Throne custom campaign - for both the short and long campaigns.

New lore-accurate victory conditions that aren't impossible for the AI to fulfill. Factions will need to kill enemies in the same continent and the enemies will be close to them on the map.

3. The Vrykul faction added to the custom battles with half a roster.

All their current units are added but no new since decembre.

4. New Nordrassil/Vordassil strat-map settlement, and custom settlement in battle - from the Elder Scrolls: Total War.

A Tree-model finally.

5. Fixed issues for some units - such as projectiles of the sorceresses and the Priestesses.

6. Cut the economy in half for everyone but the Scourge and the Burning Legion.

Point is that you the player should need to build economical structures such as Traders before getting a good economy. Legion and Scourge wasn't touched due to them having costly or vast numbers of units.

7. Created captain cards for all the factions.

No more purple cards when fighting captains, or vanilla Medieval 2 cards.

8. Romaneck over at our Discord has created a complete portrait-set for the Quelthalas/Blood Elven factions. -No more vanilla cards for them.

The immersion is much improved for the Elves.

9. WarcraftHero made the new UI, symbols, names etc for the Vrykul and Trade Coalition factions.

He added the symbols to the user interface files.

10. Bantu fixed the Vrykul Warriors/Goblin Artificer weapons not showing up, and the Trade Coalition Agents.

Enjoy the new version!

Link:

Article on MODDB:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-...on-16-released

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-...blic-beta-v-10

Version 1.6 CREDITS:

Most of the coding, and the creation of the captain cards - Mr_Nygren.

Vrykul names/Goblin Names, Vrykul & Goblin symbols to the UI-files, Yellow Goblin background - WarcraftHero.

New Agents for the Trade Coalition, fixed Vrykul Warriors/Goblin Artificers - Bantu Chieftain/Gnomebuster on Discord.

Old Goblin symbol - Zerg93.

New Vrykul symbol - Farin Frostgeir.

New strat-model/custom settlement Valenwood Tree/village in use by the Night Elves - LordNazgul and DaedraWarrior from Elder Scrolls: Total War.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 18, 2019 at 02:53 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Beta V. 1.6 RELEASED! - Mod link and instructions here!

Here is an install guide for Warcraft: Total War 1.6

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Beta V. 1.6 RELEASED! - Mod link and instructions here!

Quote Originally Posted by zachman1201 View Post
    Here is an install guide for Warcraft: Total War 1.6

Nice video man, i've added it to the MOD DB article in place of the older - due to your english being better.

- The Havamal

Tiro

The main file seems to be corrupted ... Does it happen only to me ? :|

WinRaR cant open the folder and its size is 3.99 GB instead of 4.55

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

I have had WinRar saying archives are corrupt when they weren't too, for many files, but 7zip has been working fine

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dragour View Post
    I have had WinRar saying archives are corrupt when they weren't too, for many files, but 7zip has been working fine
    To me WinRaR opened the folder but half of the files are missing… did you get 7zip from here https://www.7-zip.org/ ?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dragour View Post
    Even with 7zip it doesnt work anyway... see here > https://ibb.co/Zg383dQ

Tiro

Use the latest version of winrar and drag the folder out of the archive, no need to extract.

- The Havamal

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Use the latest version of winrar and drag the folder out of the archive, no need to extract.
    This Is what i have done but as soon as i open the rar folder that message appears and i see the archive Is incomplete.

Can anybody post me a link from which i can download your folder this night? Something like we transfer...