Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Information] Mod Links, Team, & Credits

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Crucible of Kings

at least it is the effects of ammo refill. So i assume, that CoK or Radious is using the same unit ability key that Ammo Refill uses and one is overwriting parts of the other.

SORRY SORRY SORRY !

yes , ammo refill was activated

I will check into it thanks Magnar, maybe I can change it to be more compatible if it is indeed a mod conflict.

Edit - yeah we have the mp_test abilities in our abilities and special abilities tables but arent using them, I will remove them.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 10, 2018 at 04:29 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Don't know if it's been addressed in this thread yet, Dresden, but can you please speed up army movement on the stratmap?
    There's potential for all sorts of realism/immersion applications here:

Winter: army movement -50%; with high attrition if in enemy territory, minor if in friendly.
    Spring: army movement -25% (muddy roads); mild attrition in enemy territory.
    Summer: army movement +100%
    Fall: army movement ?

Currently winter does decrease it but I am not sure about increasing it that much. With 4tpy it would be a roller coaster ride (go from nothing to too much, back and forth)

Update

- New faction leader and heir title traits added.
    - Added various negative effects to higher fame levels to make mid/end game more difficult.
    - Changed the occupation priorities for the AI to prioritize occupy a bit more for some cultures.
    - Increased chance of random invasions based on difficulty level and added some new random invasions in later game.
    - Increased AI priority to attack settlements and forces.
    - Increased base replenishment a small amount.
    - Lowered some stat bonuses from tech, traits and skills to better fit with our stat system.
    - Churches/cathedrals and viking ports now use some food.
    - Fixed some compatiblity issues with Magnar's ammo refill mod.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update

- Increased base replenishment a small amount.
    Is there a universal data value for that somewhere or did y'all tweak the difficulty table values for it? thanks

Hello guys! I don't have much to add here, I still haven't got the time to do a proper test of the campaign changes but I can already tell that battles certainly feel better with what you have already implemented. Custom battles have been pretty fun for me! As some have already pointed out, CA is quite good at making enjoyable games but the true wonders of the series come from the enhancements, improvements and overhauls made by modders such as you guys. I wish you the best of luck in this project!

Hi Dresden nice work mate your mods have certainly increased the Thrones experience - Also appreciate your and others work on updating PFM

One idea i had was, you may have noticed a Norman mod in the workshop atm. Fine work but it just replaces a faction which is a bit historically out of place in my opinion.

My idea was do you think possible to replace one or some of the southern map end of game Viking horde invaders with William and his Norman lads - as this would make an awesome and closer to historical ultimate challenge for the Saxons especially.

Efix's Avatar Tiro

May i suggest adding the Dyflin slaves building/mechanic to Surdreyar.

Quote Originally Posted by timbuck2 View Post
    Is there a universal data value for that somewhere or did y'all tweak the difficulty table values for it? thanks
    campaign variables. We had lowered it and I raised it back a bit

Quote Originally Posted by maloskero View Post
    Hello guys! I don't have much to add here, I still haven't got the time to do a proper test of the campaign changes but I can already tell that battles certainly feel better with what you have already implemented. Custom battles have been pretty fun for me! As some have already pointed out, CA is quite good at making enjoyable games but the true wonders of the series come from the enhancements, improvements and overhauls made by modders such as you guys. I wish you the best of luck in this project!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Hi Dresden nice work mate your mods have certainly increased the Thrones experience - Also appreciate your and others work on updating PFM

One idea i had was, you may have noticed a Norman mod in the workshop atm. Fine work but it just replaces a faction which is a bit historically out of place in my opinion.

My idea was do you think possible to replace one or some of the southern map end of game Viking horde invaders with William and his Norman lads - as this would make an awesome and closer to historical ultimate challenge for the Saxons especially.
    Norman invasion is in the game it just happens in 1066 which is 750 turns in so no one sees it

Quote Originally Posted by Efix View Post
    May i suggest adding the Dyflin slaves building/mechanic to Surdreyar.
    We can look into that

@Dresden oops

Seems my modding ideas got ahead of my game progression hehe.

Might tinker with the invasion script or game length to make it more a factor

You guys are fast! Look forward to seeing what you do here - big fan of your work on DeI and FotE. A few questions/suggestions from my time in vanilla.

- Vanilla diplomatic vassals are problematic e.g. can't annex them as Mede, not useful as allies, take your settlements and force you to go to war with them to reclaim etc. Additionally, in CoK your governors are now your vassals (and the function works pretty well within the ToB politics framework). Once you guys get a hold of the startpos, will it be possible to just strip out vanilla diplomatic vassals or is the diplomatic option to vassalise hardcoded? I feel like this would be cleaner than having two different types of vassals in the game - one of which is dysfunctional.

- I take it estates are hard-coded? Would be cool if they could be tied to income etc. Thing is though, if your governors are now vassals and the loyalty function mostly takes place through that mechanic, then estates are kind of superfluous as a mechanic right? Which makes we wonder whether it would be cleaner to strip the estate mechanic altogether.

- Are the faction specific mechanics hardcoded in? A few of them e.g. Welsh 'heroism' seem a bit meaningless to me and actually detract from immersion. Whereas others such as 'Here king' and the Irish annex thing I feel could be appropriated to use as mechanics elsewhere.

- Any plans to increase campaign movement range (maybe just in friendly territory)? It just looks a bit odd when it takes 3 months for an army to travel a distance it realistically should be able to trek in 3 days.

I'm going to move across to CoK now and will try to give useful feedback.

Oh, one more thing. In DeI, when a province rebels, it seems to be linked to a particular emergent faction. Any possibility of this here? Would be cool if rebelling generals or peasant rebellions could give rise to proper new factions.

Jeez, now I'm just emptying my brain. One last idea. As your faction grows larger, is it possible to put in place (additional to corruption mechanic) an equivalent mechanic for food and public order? This first would simulate the inefficiencies of resource allocation in systems of increased size and complexity. The second would simulate the fact it is more difficult to rule over a population the larger that population gets. These could help to put a hamper on snowballing later in the game.

- Vanilla diplomatic vassals are problematic e.g. can't annex them as Mede, not useful as allies, take your settlements and force you to go to war with them to reclaim etc. Additionally, in CoK your governors are now your vassals (and the function works pretty well within the ToB politics framework). Once you guys get a hold of the startpos, will it be possible to just strip out vanilla diplomatic vassals or is the diplomatic option to vassalise hardcoded? I feel like this would be cleaner than having two different types of vassals in the game - one of which is dysfunctional.
    I agree its a bit confusing and I didnt think about that when I created the vassals as governors system. The other options is to remove vassals and add client states, but honestly those are worse. We could remove vassal states altogether but they should be in, IMO, for the time period. Perhaps we could rename them to something else.

- I take it estates are hard-coded? Would be cool if they could be tied to income etc. Thing is though, if your governors are now vassals and the loyalty function mostly takes place through that mechanic, then estates are kind of superfluous as a mechanic right? Which makes we wonder whether it would be cleaner to strip the estate mechanic altogether.
    I would have liked to use estates as titles initially - that was my first idea. But they are hardcoded. They use the region name for their name, so you can't change the name of them. They can't really be referenced and effects can't be added to them, which is disappointing.

- Are the faction specific mechanics hardcoded in? A few of them e.g. Welsh 'heroism' seem a bit meaningless to me and actually detract from immersion. Whereas others such as 'Here king' and the Irish annex thing I feel could be appropriated to use as mechanics elsewhere.
    I dont think they are hardcoded, they are probably scripted. My preference would be to improve existing mechanics to keep faction uniqueness, but if a mechanic is mostly useless perhaps we can replace it. Another idea is to have Sudreyar use some of Dyflin's mechanics.

- Any plans to increase campaign movement range (maybe just in friendly territory)? It just looks a bit odd when it takes 3 months for an army to travel a distance it realistically should be able to trek in 3 days.
    Campaign movement is more about gameplay and strategy than about realism. You will never have realistic movement because in truth you should be able to move across most of england in 3 months. The movement instead is about having armies get caught out, stuck in bad seasons, having to choose which city to go for or which faction to move toward, etc. Also the AI would be all over the place like a mad man if movement were too high.

Quote Originally Posted by projectmerry View Post
    Jeez, now I'm just emptying my brain. One last idea. As your faction grows larger, is it possible to put in place (additional to corruption mechanic) an equivalent mechanic for food and public order? This first would simulate the inefficiencies of resource allocation in systems of increased size and complexity. The second would simulate the fact it is more difficult to rule over a population the larger that population gets. These could help to put a hamper on snowballing later in the game.
    We added more fame level negatives in the most recent update. Some include supplies, public order and various other negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by projectmerry View Post
    Oh, one more thing. In DeI, when a province rebels, it seems to be linked to a particular emergent faction. Any possibility of this here? Would be cool if rebelling generals or peasant rebellions could give rise to proper new factions.
    Not really at the moment. You have to make all new factions for every single region on the whole map.

Cathal Brugha's Avatar Laetus

All hail the gods of modding! DeI and FotE are my favorite mods, I am so glad you are working on this game now.

dajarvi's Avatar Semisalis
    Marquette, Michigan, right on Lake Superior

Thanks Dresden! I was hoping to see your name on the modding forum for this title! I my pants when I saw it!!!!

Two feedback:

1. javelin might be too powerful compared to bow in the current version. If it shoots from enemy's back, enemy will be crashed literally in a second. I do not know whether this battle style is designed intentionally, or it is just unbalanced.

2. AI seems does not understand how supply system works. For example, I have seen that AI move their armies to attack an adjacent province. But after few turns, they all get back because they run out of supply. Annoyingly, AI will do this loop and never stop until something distracts them.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast