Thread: Adding Normans to Campaign + replacing existing faction

Default Adding Normans to Campaign + replacing existing faction

Hey guys, just wondering how feasible you think this would be/how much work. I'd imagine if you wanted to get normans in you could just replace a single province southern faction, replace their unit tables, edit the building tables to enable recruitment, edit the tech tables so that the research applies and so on. Having never done that before I'm not sure how hard/how much time that would take. Any comments?
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Default Re: Adding Normans to Campaign + replacing existing faction

I think it is very doable, especially as I don't think there are unique faction buildings in the game. You may also need to change diplomatic relations, and add character models for generals on the campaign map. You may also be able to repurpose one of the faction mechanics scripts in the viking.pack file (perhaps the Here king mechanic).