Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Thrones of Britannia: Criticism Thread

Default --

--
    Last edited by BlackFire Forge; September 03, 2019 at 06:27 PM.

Default Re: Thrones of Britannia: Criticism Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFire Forge View Post
    To conclude my rant I made a review video for this game:
    Absolutely agree! I think that maybe in 6-18 months there might be enough official patches and finished mods to make this game worth buying. I've only asked refound on steam twice in my life, one on hearts of iron IV (because of the obnoxious user interface, despite the game looked interesting) and in thrones of britannia, because after playing it a few turns I found the game disappoining mostly in the aspect that you explain.

Which in addition to my discontent with three kingdoms announced features make me quite unfaithful on CA right now. I think I'll easily be approximately 5 years buying not a single product from them. After charlemagne I didn't want anything, and ToB and Emperor divided make me think pessimistic.

Don't you think that releasing so many titles is negative? I think that if the effort invested on releasing Empire Divided would have been put into improving ToB and AI, dumbed down buildings, unpolished inner politics and other stuff were better designed and implemented, I wouldn't have asked refound.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFire Forge View Post
    I agree, and I loved AP's disgust of the lack of naval options in the first episode. I couldn't get interested in the game/series by the terrible campaign
    PA is just a retard that uploads all those videos without understanding the basic mechanics.

There are worthy things to criticise about ToB, but having your army be your navy makes perfect sense in this game/period. any dedicated navy unit would be the same dam unit with smaller unit size and not able to land and sack villages like vikings do.

navy units make sense in rome 2 where with have artillery ships etc. and units trained to fight on sea, but not remotely here.

Quote Originally Posted by jupsto View Post
    PA is just a retard that uploads all those videos without understanding the basic mechanics.
    Shut the hell up. If you are going to call anyone retarded just for one thing they said they disliked then you are clearly too sensitive to handle criticism chuckles. Not having navy units is stupid and makes no sense because it takes time to build a navy to transport a large army. Just having one out of nowhere instantly is stupid as all hell.

Just wanted to mention the full fireplace effect in humble dwellings in the 9th century

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345