Thread: Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 1.6 (updated 30.12.18)

Default Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 1.6 (updated 30.12.18)

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 1.6

The recruited units in Thrones of Britannia start with the unit strength percentage of 30% in the vanilla base game. This mod changes the starting value. I made also a tutorial how you can change this value to your favour.

There are three versions available in the Steam Workshop:

Starting with 50%, 70%, and 100% recruitment strength

There are all versions available for manual installation on Mediafire:

Starting with 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% and 100% recruitment strength

Information
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- fully compatible with the current game version
    - fully compatible with save games and you don't need to start a new campaign
    - it is possible to switch between the different versions of the mod if you want to try other values
    - the change does apply to the player and to the AI
    - can be used together with other mods

Installation

How to install Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength manually

Download, unpack and copy the file @@@_tob_unit_recruitment_strength.pack to your TOB data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia\data

Launch TOB and activate the mod with the TOB Mod launcher. Activate enable outdated mods if necessary. Ignore the warning about mods and press Okay.

How to install Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength with Steam Workshop

Steam Workshop automatically downloads the latest version to your TOB folder if you subscribe to Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength.

- subscribe to one version of Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength
    - Launch TOB and activate the mod with the TOB Mod launcher
    - click on the check box to activate Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength, activate enable outdated mods if necessary and ignore the warning about mods and press Okay.
    - click on play

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 50%
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1381058934

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 70%
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1381059601

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 100%
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1381058045

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 50% will be stored here on your harddrive if you subscribe:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\712100\1381058934

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 70% will be stored here on your harddrive if you subscribe:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\712100\1381059601

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 100% will be stored here on your harddrive if you subscribe:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\712100\1381058045

How to customize the mod

1. Install the Pack File Manager tool
    www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?759230

2. open the Pack File Manager

3. open the file @@@_tob_unit_recruitment_strength.pack in your TOB data folder if you installed it manually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia\data

open the file @@@_tob_unit_recruitment_strength.pack in this folder if you subscribe to Steam:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\712100\1381058934

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\712100\1381059601

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\712100\1381058045

4. open the db table: db\campaign_variables_tables\@@@@_sh_tob_campaign_variables

5. change the value in the column value of the row land_unit_starting_num_men_pct to whatever percentage you want. The base value from vanilla is 30.

6. save the file

7. launch TOB and activate the mod in the TOB Mod launcher

Changelog

1.6 - 30.12.18

- fully compatible with the new patch
    - updated all versions on Steam and the manual installation files on Mediafire

1.5 - 29.8.18

1.4 - 29.5.18

- improved the internal database file name to further increase the priority of the loading order. My mod will overwrite the recruitment strength value if another mod also uses the same value. You can use my mod with all available gameplay mods and overhauls.

1.3 - 8.5.18

- updated all versions and published the initial release on the Steam Workshop with three versions (50%, 70%, 100%)

1.2 - 5.5.18

- changed the internal database file name to further increase the priority of the loading order. My mod will overwrite the recruitment strength value if another mod also uses the same value.

1.1 - 4.5.18

- added three additional versions (80%, 90%, 100%)
    - changed the file name to @@@_tob_unit_recruitment_strength.pack. This change has to do with the internal loading order of the Total War games. This prefix allows my mod to load higher in the alphabetical order of loading.

1.0 - 3.5.18

- initial release with six versions (20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%)

Permission information for Modders

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength is fully free for all to use and adapt. You can use my mod for your own work and please just give me credits in your thread.

Credits

Created by Swiss Halberdier

Thanks a lot to SilentResident for her Logo/Banner.

Thanks a lot to Radious for the hint about this value.

Thanks a lot to our toolmakers on TWC: daniu, Genreless, Jinarik, husserlTW, Mitch and all schema contributors.

The whole Total War Center Team for hosting the best site about Total War Games and allowing us to share our passion with others.

The fantastic Total War Community for all the infos, discussions, resources and mods.

Creative Assembly for creating the awesome Total War Series.

Swiss Halberdier's projects

Downloads

Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength on the Steam Workshop

All versions are available for manual installation: 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% and 100%
    Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength on Mediafire

Enjoy Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Recruitment Strength 1.1 - updated 4.5.18

I released Unit Recruitment Strength 1.1.

- added three additional versions (80%, 90%, 100%)
    - changed the file name to @@@_tob_unit_recruitment_strength.pack. This change has to do with the internal loading order of the Total War games. This prefix allows my mod to load higher in the alphabetical order of loading.

Please remove the previous version from your TOB data folder and use the new one.

Enjoy Unit Recruitment Strength
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Recruitment Strength 1.2 - updated 5.5.18

I released Unit Recruitment Strength 1.2.

- changed the internal database file name to further increase the priority of the loading order. My mod will overwrite the recruitment strength value if another mod also uses the same value.

It is fully save game compatible and you can even switch between the versions of the mod.

Please remove the previous version from your TOB data folder and use the new one.

Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Recruitment Strength 1.3 - updated 8.5.18 (released on Steam Workshop)

I released Unit Recruitment Strength 1.3.

- updated all versions and published the initial release on the Steam Workshop with three versions (50%, 70%, 100%)

Unit Recruitment Strength 50%

Unit Recruitment Strength 70%

Unit Recruitment Strength 100%

I decided to release these three versions on Steam as they are the most downloaded versions since the release of my mod.

All versions will be still available for manual installation on Total War Center. (20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% and 100%).

I updated the whole first post with the new information about the Steam versions and the detailed installation instructions.

It is fully save game compatible and you can even switch between the versions of the mod.

Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Recruitment Strength 1.3 - updated 8.5.18

I released Unit Recruitment Strength 1.4.

- improved the internal database file name to further increase the priority of the loading order. My mod will overwrite the recruitment strength value if another mod also uses the same value. You can use my mod with all available gameplay mods and overhauls.

Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Recruitment Strength 1.4 - updated 29.5.18

Hi mate. How can i install this mod without using steam workshop?

Default Re: Unit Recruitment Strength 1.5 - updated 29.8.18

I released Unit Recruitment Strength 1.5.

Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Recruitment Strength 1.5 - updated 29.8.18

Cool mod

Default Re: Unit Recruitment Strength 1.6 - updated 30.12.18

I released Unit Recruitment Strength 1.6.

Swiss Halberdier

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Excellent work as always mate!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nice

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Excellent work as always mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Nice
    Thanks a lot my modding mates for your nice comments!

Happy new year to all aswell!

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 1.6 (updated 30.12.18)

Hey Swiss Halberdier! Cool mod, Really like using the 50% recruitment strength.

What files was it you edited to do this? Currently working a Scotland mod for ToB and really want to include higher recruitment strenghts in it but I can't find where that value is kept?

Default Re: Thrones of Britannia - Unit Recruitment Strength 1.6 (updated 30.12.18)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    Hey Swiss Halberdier! Cool mod, Really like using the 50% recruitment strength.

What files was it you edited to do this? Currently working a Scotland mod for ToB and really want to include higher recruitment strenghts in it but I can't find where that value is kept?
    Thanks for your nice words and cool that you appreciate my very small mod.

Please check my section "How to customize the mod". There I explained which values are needed to change. The vanilla data.pack has the needed db table.