Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1641565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1449

Thread: Morality of abortion

Default Re: Morality of abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Is that like your "invention" that the Vermont bill allowing abortion at any stage of pregnancy is "false" because Roe v. Wade and the Partial-birth abortion Ban (which you still have not shown to be the case)?
    I mean, it’s law that Vermont can do what it wants as long as it’s not partial birth. What you want?

As far as what a religion says, wtf do I care?
    Last edited by Gaidin; March 13, 2019 at 06:37 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That is your invention. Nothing in any religion says anything like that. You are putting words in god's mouth. That is blasphemy. Yikes.
    PointOfViewGun,

Paul explains what happens to our bodies when we die in his letters to the Corinthians and the Philippians so no, it's not my invention, just your lack of knowledge of the Bible.

Sogdog,

" Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." So make the best of your atheism whilst you can.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    PointOfViewGun,
    Paul explains what happens to our bodies when we die in his letters to the Corinthians and the Philippians so no, it's not my invention, just your lack of knowledge of the Bible.
    Sogdog,
    " Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." So make the best of your atheism whilst you can.
    We're talking about implantation of a fertilized egg, not death. It clearly is not my lack of knowledge of the Bible. If it was you'd be quoting the Bible to educate us. Instead, you seem to be making vague references to chapters that doesn't even seem right.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    We're talking about implantation of a fertilized egg, not death. It clearly is not my lack of knowledge of the Bible. If it was you'd be quoting the Bible to educate us. Instead, you seem to be making vague references to chapters that doesn't even seem right.
    PointOfViewGun,

I used to point out chapter and verse and soon realised that picking out a sentence or two doesn't help as it can be twisted easily. So, I now write that it is written so that an enquirer can go into a Bible and search for themselves taking in hopefully chapter and verse to get the context and flow of what is being said, why? Because the Scritures are the power of God to save, not basics or anyone else so if God is going to save anyone it is because of that Gospel me only being a messenger. There is nothing I write that cannot be verified by the Scriptures.

PointOfViewGun,

I used to point out chapter and verse and soon realised that picking out a sentence or two doesn't help as it can be twisted easily. So, I now write that it is written so that an enquirer can go into a Bible and search for themselves taking in hopefully chapter and verse to get the context and flow of what is being said, why? Because the Scritures are the power of God to save, not basics or anyone else so if God is going to save anyone it is because of that Gospel me only being a messenger. There is nothing I write that cannot be verified by the Scriptures.
    That's a BS argument in any planet. What you claimed is blasphemy. It's not others that try to twist the Bible to fit a narrative. You put words in god's mouth and you could not even show us where in the Bible it supports your claims.
    The Armenian Issue

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

PointOfViewGun,

Sogdog,

No we won't!!! Your best comeback is to threaten me with your imaginary friend. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    No we won't!!! Your best comeback is to threaten me with your imaginary friend. LOL
    Sogdog,

Well time will tell on whose right.

Sogdog,

Well time will tell on whose right.
    And that's the best religion can come up with after 2000 years of oppression: "just wait until you die".
    It's sad and pathetic.

And that's the best religion can come up with after 2000 years of oppression: "just wait until you die".
    It's sad and pathetic.
    Sogdog,

I'm not threatening you with anything, rather telling you what is written and has been written since the beginning of the world at the inspiration of the Person Who made you and me. He's the One Who says you will bend the knee and finally acknowledge Him as Lord, so if He isn't that before you die it obviously means that you've missed a golden opportunity to get yourself right with Him. So, if you feel that's sad and pathetic there's not much I can do about that is there?

Sogdog,

I'm not threatening you with anything, rather telling you what is written and has been written since the beginning of the world at the inspiration of the Person Who made you and me. He's the One Who says you will bend the knee and finally acknowledge Him as Lord, so if He isn't that before you die it obviously means that you've missed a golden opportunity to get yourself right with Him. So, if you feel that's sad and pathetic there's not much I can do about that is there?
    You did not tell us what's written. To the contrary, you have injected your own ideas in to the Bible putting words in god's mouth. In the latest case you even declined to tell us which part of the Bible you're referring to.
    The Armenian Issue

Sogdog,

Blah blah blah."Just you wait until you die" is a threat basics. And now you use more threats to try and get me to convert. I don't blame you basics, this is religions M.O since forever: threaten and force people to follow said religion. Christianity hasn't spread because of the quality of it's message, it's spread due to the quantity of it's violence.

Anyway, I've said my bit on abortion and your response was threats. You haven't convinced me at all of your position but instead sealed the deal as to why I vehemently oppose anything religion. Thank you again basics. Enjoy your life!

So to summarise this thread. Some people don't like abortion because their invisible friend says it's wrong. Whereas some other people take a more pragmatic approach depending on the situation.

In other words, if you think abortion is wrong, don't get an abortion. Problem solved.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

If you think murder is wrong, just don’t murder.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

About Heaven and Hell:

“There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, in the end, ‘Thy will be done.’ All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock it is opened.”
    – C.S. Lewis
    Last edited by Prodromos; June 27, 2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

C.S. Lewis was Christian so he would market the christian mythology. It still does not make it real. I could quote Tolkein and then say Mordor and Orks are real.

It's sad and pathetic.
    Sogdog,

I never said " just wait until you die," as a threat rather when you die the following quote will happen at the return of Jesus Christ.

Quote, In both of Paul’s citations of Isaiah 45:23, he is echoing the truth that there will come a time when “every knee shall bow and every tongue confess” to the glory of God. In the Philippians citation, Paul is declaring the divinity of Jesus when he says that every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Him as Lord. This is a clear indication of what will occur at the Second Coming of Christ. During the first advent, Christ came in humiliation and died a humiliating death on the cross for the sins of the world. In His second advent, Christ will come with power as the Conquering King. When that happens, it will be as our Lord Himself predicted in the Olivet Discourse (Matthew 25:31–46) and as the vision the apostle John received in Revelation 20:11–15. When the King of kings and the Lord of lords returns to this earth, then will come true what the prophet Isaiah foretold all those years ago: “Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall swear allegiance.” Unquote.

I never said " just wait until you die," so it is you that has turned my words into a threat. Quote, "

And here are some quotes from Lord of the Rings, equal in relevance, superior to the bible:

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

— Gandalf

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till."

— Gandalf

And now for some Star Wars quotes:

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.” — Darth Vader

“The Force will be with you. Always.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” — Yoda

You see basics, we can all play the meaningless quotes game. Your bible is no more relevant than these movies.

In fact your bible is definitely not a source of morality since it condones slavery. So we have two aspects to your baseless argument:
    1) Spontaneous abortions happen to everyone (incl christians), thus making your god the biggest aborter of them all (if it existed that is).
    2) This leads to the assumption that abortion is part of your god's plan, thus making your anti-abortion stance blasphemous.

And that is it really. Game over.

Sogdog,

Oh it may be game over in your estimation. Alas it is certainly not game over as far as God is concerned because as I said one day you too will bow the knee to acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord, as God. Fascinating that you can quote movie talk yet know very little of the Bible.

Sogdog,

Oh it may be game over in your estimation. Alas it is certainly not game over as far as God is concerned because as I said one day you too will bow the knee to acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord, as God. Fascinating that you can quote movie talk yet know very little of the Bible.
    And one day you will bow the knee to acknowledge Allah as Lord, as God.

You see how easy this game is. LOL

fyi: the bible is boring as hell.

In fact your bible is definitely not a source of morality since it condones slavery.
    It's more complex than that. Christ's teachings were not designed to directly challenge the temporal institutions and/or practices of Judea or the Roman Empire. His intention was to give every individual soul the opportunity to be saved.

'For as many of you as have been Baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free , there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.'

Gal. 3: 27-28.

So we have two aspects to your baseless argument:
    1) Spontaneous abortions happen to everyone (incl christians), thus making your god the biggest aborter of them all (if it existed that is).
    2) This leads to the assumption that abortion is part of your god's plan, thus making your anti-abortion stance blasphemous.
    This is akin to deducing that murder is justified by the inevitability of death.