Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 25 Playable Factions v1.0

Default 25 Playable Factions v1.0

1st place in the Submod and Minor Mod category in 2018 Modding Awards

This mod unlocks 25 factions of the game in the Campaign and add more factions in Custom Battle.

DOWNLOAD:

Normal link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1380189389

12 TPY link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1439110103

CREDITS:

- Mod created by Miguel_80
    Last edited by Miguel_80; July 11, 2019 at 06:53 AM.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [WIP] All Playable Factions

Link?

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    Link?
    WIP = Work In Process

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Ahhh sorry I did not pay attention

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Nothing happens.

Magnificent! Vassals stay vassals ? If i play with Kent, later i can go independent right ?

Thanks. The objective of this mini-mod is only unlock the factions, maintaining the original campaign. I will not make diplomacy changes or modify the factions, owners of cities, etc... These things will be done in future mods with personalized campaigns.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; May 03, 2018 at 01:21 PM.

That is a very good idea, but I have one question, why none are working on all faction playable mode for Attila Total War, which has more diverse factions than Thrones of Britannia?

As for the Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, I think, this is one of the most anticipated mode for this new game, wish you all the best in this endeavorment.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Thanks. In that you is right, although each modder modifies what he likes. I personally in my Attila Total War (AoC) mod are all factions unlocked.

Regarding the Thrones of Britannia, I think there are smaller and more attractive factions to play that deserve to be unlocked. To play from the beginning with so many cities to manage bores me.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; May 03, 2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Thanks. In that you is right, although each modder modifies what he likes. I personally in my Attila Total War (AoC) mod are all factions unlocked.

Regarding the Thrones of Britannia, I think there are smaller and more attractive factions to play that deserve to be unlocked. To play from the beginning with so many cities to manage bores me.
    I know it is matter of taste, but I just wonder why they are not interested to unlock more diverse space in Attila TW, which includes area from Britannia to India... even AoC is less than half of that space, while ToB has only British+Viking factions and that is all.

It is quite hard to make more or less realistic all faction playable mode for AoC (because of many different states all over the map), but on this one, I mean, Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, it must be very easy, just as you only need to unlock and rearrange the units for the each factions (they are all similar) that you will unlock. The faces, names, units, treats, culture, settlements, strategy etc are more or less the same for all those factions that are unplayable in ToB. Probably, you will need to rearrange some family tree based on historical evidences (if you bother yourself doing it, but I guess it is more or less arranged by CA) and that is all, hence if you are experienced modder (you have done AoC all playable faction already), then you will make this work much more successfully.

Actually, if it is released, this mode is the only mode that I will play for this game. Wish you all the best again.
    Last edited by JERUSALEM; May 03, 2018 at 04:01 PM.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Somehow missed this. I posted in the modding questions page about unlocking factions. I can get to the point where they are selectable, and can eve get into the game. The family trees are there too, just when I click a town it crashes. Have you figured out that part yet? Now I know you are working on an all factions playable I know not to bother making one but I do want to make a mod focusing on the Welsh Kingdoms.

Default Re: All Playable Factions

The Thrones of Britania contains the same error as the Attila with the "political_parties" (dy_your_#) and constantly causes CTD. I don't think that an updated PFM with the ToB can solve the problem. I think we will have wait to CA release the Assembly Kit or a similar tool.

Spoiler for SAMPLE IMAGES

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Ah that's a shame... just spent a couple hours learning how to decode the tables and make schemas for the remaining ones that needed updating. Well hopefully they will be handy for others. Has there been any word on assembly kit release yet? Hoping it won't be any longer than a few weeks

I don't know, I haven't found any information about it. Hopefully they don't take long.

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    I don't know, I haven't found any information about it. Hopefully they don't take long.
    Yeah, most my ideas for mods are going to require the Assembly Kit by the looks of things... Well if I happen to come across a way to get a faction working without it I'll be sure to let you know.

Idem with you. An advanced ESF editor would be needed. By the way, to me, a moment ago, has been downloaded an update of 149 MB. I don't know what they have retouched, but that shows that they have things to correct. It's always the same story...

Civis

Looks like the patch was about the Steam workshop It is up now.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

If missions and family tree etc it's wonderfull mod
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

@ Miguel
    i can me remember that you must set the "progenitor" by Faction Leader from 0 to 1. I do it in a XML file. than work it fine. I mean it was a character table.
    I am not by my PC so i write from my old brain

EDIT:
    TAKE A LOOK HERE
    Last edited by Musculus Maximus; June 13, 2018 at 04:40 AM.

Thanks guys!

@Musculus Maximus: The problem derives from the "political_parties", which I can't introduce them into the non-playable factions inside in the "startpos.esf" file nor with the PFM or with the EditSF

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast