Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Default Re: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zachtheebomb View Post
    Saul, thanks for getting back to my other posts. The issues don't seem to occur nearly as often so long as I make sure I hit the "toggle advisor" button to start the script, as soon as I load the game. A couple thoughts/things I have some questions about:

1. This doesn't happen often, but occasionally I'll send a large army to wage war against another large army and when the battle begins the opposing forces will arrange themselves in a VERY peculiar formation and not attack. One time this occurred when I was playing as Nabatea against egypt and the egyptions got into like clusters of 3-4 units and were seperated by large distances (between each cluster). Ultimately, I obliterated them because the groups of units wouldn't attack unless they took a cavalry charge, but by then, I'd already overwhlemed them. I almost felt guilty taking the victory!

2. Sometimes the strat map will randomly lag, as if I don't have LAA installed and operating with my executable. This is very rare, and happens maybe 1/25-30 times I play

3. I play my campaigns on hard and sometimes, even when I get my faction really powerful, I'll notice that large armies of neighboring factions just stand around settlements, and don't attack me, rebels, or other settlements.

Just wanted to point these things out, and as I've said many times before, this is a truly wonderful mod. I personally love playing with pike-heavy factions for I love the strategic, slow battles that comes with these types of units. I've played through almost every faction - I personally enjoyed Nabatae, Armenia, Germania, and the Saka the most! I found the celtiberian tribes, bactrian tribes, and pontus to be the most difficult.

Cheers!
    Thanks for all the feedback!

1. Probably an issue in the formations file.
    2. Usually deals with the trees we’ve added
    3. I didn’t find out until after we finished RTR but ai will get stuck if the map doesn’t give them a clear path.

I am glad you have enjoyed the mod so much!

Laetus

I'm really sorry to bother you guys with this, but I've had this issue with the Stream version of Alenxandre. Just a couple days ago, it seems like Stream updated the game in a way that changed the order of the folders of the game, rendering useless the RTR launcher. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall to see if it could work, yet it doesn't.

Could I get any help on it? I've just started playing it a bit ago and I feel really eager to keep on trying it out...

The guy who made the launcher might not be active so we will see, but I’ll get the word out. Thank you for posting

Laetus

Aw... so there's a chance I might not be able to play again? Is it something hard to solve?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by RaulPB View Post
    Aw... so there's a chance I might not be able to play again? Is it something hard to solve?
    Aye it could be difficult but if it's fixable we'll find a solution for you
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

jirisys's Avatar Senator

I'm really sorry to bother you guys with this, but I've had this issue with the Stream version of Alenxandre. Just a couple days ago, it seems like Stream updated the game in a way that changed the order of the folders of the game, rendering useless the RTR launcher. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall to see if it could work, yet it doesn't.

Could I get any help on it? I've just started playing it a bit ago and I feel really eager to keep on trying it out...
    Hi. I'm the launcher person. Have you tried verifying your Alexander installation? I am using the launcher with the Steam version and it is working fine on my end. I am not sure if someone else has had the issue before though.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

Laetus

Hi there! Thanks for the atention given.

So I had been a month or so without playing the game and without opening steam at all, so there were no updates made. Second day I opened steam, it automatically updates the game and the folders of Alexander. I thought the folders were organized in a different way as to what I could remember before. At first, I thought I could simply delete everything and reinstall Alexander from Steam to verify if it was just a random mistake. Seeing as how the error persisted, I thought in writting here to people who could understand about it.

Now, I've given it another try after reading your post. I don't know exactly why but it feels like it does work now.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience I might have caused. I'll keep an eye on errors from now on and be more patient.

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Hi there! Thanks for the atention given.

So I had been a month or so without playing the game and without opening steam at all, so there were no updates made. Second day I opened steam, it automatically updates the game and the folders of Alexander. I thought the folders were organized in a different way as to what I could remember before. At first, I thought I could simply delete everything and reinstall Alexander from Steam to verify if it was just a random mistake. Seeing as how the error persisted, I thought in writting here to people who could understand about it.

Now, I've given it another try after reading your post. I don't know exactly why but it feels like it does work now.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience I might have caused. I'll keep an eye on errors from now on and be more patient.
    No need to be so coy! Everything is fine. I'll double check everything just to be sure.
    Bona sort àmb el joc!

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

Good day all,

First off, let me just say what a fan of RTR I am (and have been) for what surely must be approaching a decade. Just getting back into RTW after a several year hiatus, and I was ecstatic to see a RTR 8 had been released when I bought the Steam version of the game. The units look fantastic, and I could spend all day just trying different combinations in the custom battle matches.

However, I am currently unable to play the RTR campaign. Presently, whenever I start a campaign the game CTDs within maybe 30 seconds of play (after I click on a city or two) without showing an error code (despite having that option checked in your launcher). The RTR script does seem to run, as 1 denarii is added to my treasury after a couple seconds in the campaign, but after that it is a short amount of time until it CTDs.

I have tried to play campaigns with a few factions (Rome, Carthage, Egypt), but get the same crash shortly after starting. I have installed and reinstalled the mod several times, and made the required modifications in the Preferences.txt files to play on Windows 10 (appropriate screen res, AA OFF, etc). I am able to play the vanilla Alexander campaign, as well RTR vanilla when the mod is uninstalled, and have no issue with RTR 8 custom battles. I’ve also verified the RTR and RTR-ALX file caches in Steam.

I would love some pointers as to where to go from here – was really looking forward to dumping countless hours into a Carthaginian campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by bryce158 View Post
    .........I would love some pointers as to where to go from here – was really looking forward to dumping countless hours into a Carthaginian campaign...
    Have you deleted map.rwm? on the launcher there is a tab labeled "check map.rwm" left click on this and it should say that it's up to date, after this proceed and start game.

Laetus

I've just tried the "check map rwm" button, it does say it's up to date and that no further actions were needed. However, once I started the campaign, the map moved too slow, like if I had lag or something. What could that be? I don't remember this happening before

I've just tried the "check map rwm" button, it does say it's up to date and that no further actions were needed. However, once I started the campaign, the map moved too slow, like if I had lag or something. What could that be? I don't remember this happening before
    There could be more than one reason why this is happening, but you could try this solution 1st, go into your directory/RTR/preferences/preferences and open, scroll down to CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MIN_ZOOM:30CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MAX_ZOOM:30 and change the value to something higher and save and test, 60 - 80 should be fine, click on this pic to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pref. txt.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	357.4 KB 
ID:	359098

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Have you deleted map.rwm? on the launcher there is a tab labeled "check map.rwm" left click on this and it should say that it's up to date, after this proceed and start game.
    Attempted this, which did indicate that it was up to date, however same CTD on campaign start. I also tried launching with the various options available in the RTR launcher clicked, eventually including 'no audio'. Was actually able to play the campaign with this selected however, no sounds was a less than ideal experience. Getting a bit desperate, I then tried moving the entire RTR-ALX folder from 'Program Files (x86)' to 'Users'. Surprisingly enough, this worked and allowed me to play the campaign with audio.

Still no idea what caused my issue, but if anyone has any idea why my fix seems to have worked or what the problem was in the first place, I'm curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bryce158 View Post
    ......Still no idea what caused my issue, but if anyone has any idea why my fix seems to have worked or what the problem was in the first place, I'm curious to know.
    That's good news, well done. As a matter of interest I don't have any of my mods in programs(x86) I actually partitioned my c:/drive and have all my mods there(b:/drive) I only keep my RTW & M2TW vanilla's in programs(x86) as a fresh install to copy & paste to my b:/drive ready for mod installation. I also have Windows 7 & use disks, I found Win 10 + Steam causes too much hassle with some Rome 1/M2TW mods, eg. mod wont install/play properly, steam updates that cause ctd's, slow campaign map etc, I reverted back and very rarely have had any problems.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    There could be more than one reason why this is happening, but you could try this solution 1st, go into your directory/RTR/preferences/preferences and open, scroll down to CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MIN_ZOOM:30CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MAX_ZOOM:30 and change the value to something higher and save and test, 60 - 80 should be fine, click on this pic to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pref. txt.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	357.4 KB 
ID:	359098

I've changed the min value to 60 and the max one to 80 as you've said. I see no difference, I think. It's not about map scrolling speed, it's all the map lagging. You can even see the graphics having problems to run the sea or the advisor at the top left corner. I'm not sure if there's a way to lower the graphic demands maybe...

Laetus

Wait, I might have found a solution: disabling shadows and lowering the level of details in advanced visual options!! now I can finally play again!!! Hell yeah

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Yep, so, shadows and apparently tree models are a serious lag inducer in the campaign map. I found this the hard way when I was playing RTW with the Intel integrated graphics on my laptop instead of the nVidia one.
    Basically, disable campaign shadows and use the low-resolution trees option in the launcher. That should give you a surprisingly smoother experience.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

I've changed the min value to 60 and the max one to 80 as you've said. I see no difference, I think. It's not about map scrolling speed, it's all the map lagging. You can even see the graphics having problems to run the sea or the advisor at the top left corner. I'm not sure if there's a way to lower the graphic demands maybe...
    Sorry I meant both values the same as each other but between 60 and 80, you will cause lag if they are both different afaik but you seem to have solved the problem so well done

Laetus

Hey! Well, wanted to update you guys on what I've been playing and ask for a couple doubts. I've started a Macedonian campaign and I'm doing really well for now fighting the romans in Italy and the Ptolemaics around Turkey. Soon the greek cities will fall as well. I've had a couple CTD, basically when starting a battle or once I tried to drag a cavalry army in the battle map.

My doubt would be wether the Campaign difficulty affects the real difficulty of the campaign and how does it affect.

Hey! Well, wanted to update you guys on what I've been playing and ask for a couple doubts. I've started a Macedonian campaign and I'm doing really well for now fighting the romans in Italy and the Ptolemaics around Turkey. Soon the greek cities will fall as well. I've had a couple CTD, basically when starting a battle or once I tried to drag a cavalry army in the battle map.

My doubt would be wether the Campaign difficulty affects the real difficulty of the campaign and how does it affect.
    Please detail where the bugs are happening, that way we can try to fix it.

Glad you are enjoying the campaign, I would recommend that you play on Hard difficulty because to me it's the most difficult game without being ridiculous like Very Hard difficulty is.