Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Foxcon

Thank you, all issues have been fixed. See quickfix in attachment to this post.
    Last edited by Lanjane; August 31, 2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Attachment
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Great Mod!

Can anyone explain how Carthage Colonies work. I can have both Hegemonia and Epikrateia at the same time? They seem to do very similar things, what it their relationship with each other and purpose of each one? Are both need to establish Military Administration?

Thank you
    Last edited by Siberian Wolf; September 06, 2018 at 05:43 AM.

Quick question,
    some generals have their units on foot and some cavalry and also different of each type,
    on what parameters does it depend the outcome of new general units when general is 16 or gets married into family.
    Is it the city? Region? Father?....
    Thank you

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MyMumsCar View Post
    Quick question,
    some generals have their units on foot and some cavalry and also different of each type,
    on what parameters does it depend the outcome of new general units when general is 16 or gets married into family.
    Is it the city? Region? Father?....
    Thank you
    There is only one Faction that has Foot Soldiers as Generals Bodyguard and that is the Hellenic City-States but only in Sparta(Spartan Hoplites) & Massilia(Massaliote Hoplites)
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

There is a CTD every time when I attempt a battle on the square just north of Rhegium. It's only on that square, first one north, right next to the town!

EDIT: Here is the save
    crash.zip
    Last edited by Siberian Wolf; September 08, 2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added .sav file

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Wolf View Post
    There is a CTD every time when I attempt a battle on the square just north of Rhegium. It's only on that square, first one north, right next to the town!

EDIT: Here is the save
    crash.zip
    Thanks for your feedback and posting your zip.file. I tested your scenario and everything was fine. I brought most of the army out of Messana and attacked the Romans, they withdrew so I pursued and fought them on the beach(you won ) made a couple of turns and exited, reloaded the save and did it again, same outcome. I reloaded yet again only this time I hit the end turn, the Romans besieged Rhegium I attacked them with the army from Messana(you won again as they made a tactical withdrawal from the battle and ran away) hit the end turn a couple of times and all was fine, so I'm afraid I don't know what to think.

There is a Diplomat which may be causing an "ownership of tile" issue on the tile behind the Roman army, and Rhegium is a very hilly area too which could be a possible vegetation or texture issue, but afaik we fixed all the issues we could find concerning tiles that were having that problem but I don't remember any being there. There is bug which can cause a ctd on mods that have the landbridge to Messana though can't exactly remember what triggers it. I will have a word with our mod developer and also the guy who did all the vegetation, climate and texture fixes concerning the tile issues we found and if there's anything you need to know I will get back to you, but for me your savegame played just fine.

Update: here is the after battle save if you wish to continue your campaign
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 09, 2018 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Update

Thanks for looking into it Saul.

For me the issue was was happening on loading the battle map on that particular tile. The Romans besieging Rhegium would not retreat, so I chose the option to fight on the battle map. As soon as it zooms in, and is about to load the battle map, I would get a CTD every time.

I'll try to check it again.

No worries, you're welcome

For me the issue was was happening on loading the battle map on that particular tile....... As soon as it zooms in, and is about to load the battle map
    There's no problem with the tile or else the same would have happened to me. It could possibly be 1 of 2 things a}there is a known camera glitch with the ALX .exe which can cause issues b] memory issue, RTW is only made to handle 2gb you could add a 4gb file and see how that works out > https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ I do this for every exe on every mod I have. Disclaimer:afaik doing this breaks CA's t&c's
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 09, 2018 at 03:45 AM. Reason: added info

For me the issue was was happening on loading the battle map on that particular tile. The Romans besieging Rhegium would not retreat, so I chose the option to fight on the battle map. As soon as it zooms in, and is about to load the battle map, I would get a CTD every time.

I'll try to check it again.
    Thats a vegetation issue for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    If so why did I not have the ctd when I played his savegame?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 09, 2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: typo

Can I ask you to load the save I attached and attack the Roman army at Rhegium with a smaller army, so that they don't retreat, and then attempt to load the battle map? I want to be sure the problem is on my end before I try some more invasive things.

I am baffled as to why it works for Saul and not for me.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

could you try this experimental hotifx, this should fix it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rMl...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Non-binary person View Post
    could you try this experimental hotifx, this should fix it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rMl...ew?usp=sharing
    Sincere thanks to Non-binary person! Great work, this hotfix worked perfectly!

Many thanks to Saul and ahowl11 for looking into this as well. Looks like ahowl11 was right about the vegetation issue.

Another bug/feature unrelated to my previous posts, I believe that Carthaginian occupation buildings Military Admin and Punic Colony should enable the player to recruit both native AOR and some some Punic troops. The previous levels have the AOR units, but not these more advanced ones. From reading the building descriptions this looks like a bug: "A Punic Colony can draw upon both Liby-Phoenician warriors and local military tradition."

I have the temporary fix here for any Carthage players. Plop this into your RTR\data\switchgametypes\campaign.
    export_descr_buildings.zip

Sincere thanks to Non-binary person! Great work, this hotfix worked perfectly!

Many thanks to Saul and ahowl11 for looking into this as well. Looks like ahowl11 was right about the vegetation issue.
    You're welcome laddie, ahowl & the team are a great bunch to work & socialize with, I've made some good friends from various places in the world on our slack workspace, we will always find time to help players of our mod with issues.

FYI I tested your savegame again and attacked using a smaller army and The Romans did not withdraw...I had a ctd so you need not be baffled any more.....but interestingly I tried again, this time putting an FM & 5 units from Messana next to Rhegium then next turn when The Romans besieged I sallied out instead...no ctd

PS. I do not know if your Carthage issue is a feature or a bug, this mod is quite uniquely different from others concerning some of it's features and gameplay, I'll contact ahowl on our workspace chat and I'm sure he will respond to your post.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 10, 2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: additional comment

Another bug/feature unrelated to my previous posts, I believe that Carthaginian occupation buildings Military Admin and Punic Colony should enable the player to recruit both native AOR and some some Punic troops. The previous levels have the AOR units, but not these more advanced ones. From reading the building descriptions this looks like a bug: "A Punic Colony can draw upon both Liby-Phoenician warriors and local military tradition."

I have the temporary fix here for any Carthage players. Plop this into your RTR\data\switchgametypes\campaign.
    export_descr_buildings.zip

Our recruitment isn't totally fleshed out in certain areas. Use at your own discretion, but there are some areas where there won't be any AoR available such as Lilybaeum or Messana. Also our descriptions are from ExRM and aren't verbatim for our features so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    .....but interestingly I tried again, this time putting an FM & 5 units from Messana next to Rhegium then next turn when The Romans besieged I sallied out instead...no ctd
    This is something I observed as well playing the vanilla campaign with alex.exe. I would get a CTD usually after a battle, but doing the same battle next turn would not give me a CTD. Maybe it's related to seasons or something?

Our recruitment isn't totally fleshed out in certain areas. Use at your own discretion, but there are some areas where there won't be any AoR available such as Lilybaeum or Messana. Also our descriptions are from ExRM and aren't verbatim for our features so keep that in mind.
    I understand. I figured that since Hegemonia II would give me local units, but the next building level, Military Administration would not, that it's a bug. So I copied over the Hegemonia AOR and removed the duplicates.

Anyway, great work on the mod, it's been great fun so far. I love the AOR units, they are beautifully done.

Foxcon's Avatar Foederatus

Thracian Chosen Swordsmen are using incorrect unit cards

Clean Install with hotfix, copied Alex folder into a new location outside of steam. <--- figured out problem. Only install on steam.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.jpg  
    Last edited by dacrazymofo; September 13, 2018 at 05:19 PM.

Pontus Units w/ no decription -

Slave Phalangites
    City Guard
    Pontic Spearmen
    Last edited by dacrazymofo; September 13, 2018 at 05:25 PM.