Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Default Re: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Tried everything you outlned. Nothing works. Extended the memory but found out the UAC/VC was completelly permitted inside the Mod's .exe file and RTW:A's main folder.

I may have a road to a solution. How does one make ModDev Crash Report? Because if I am able to create a crash dump file and post it here you would have a way to look what the Hades is happening.

I am playing with the Roman Faction. Every time i finish a battle against Carthage the game crashes as i cannot go back to the campaing map! Very frustrating this! Some help would be much appreciated!

@durabys I have no idea, and I’m not sure why you’re having so many issues. Try launching RTR with the Alexander.exe using the -show_err -mod:RTR

@lord.pan is it every battle or the same battle in a specific location? It’s probably a vegetation issue that we still have not corrected.

Well, it is in a specific location. In Sicily to be exact. I fought two battles there, near Agrigentum and Lilybaeum and both times happened the same thing.

update: just got the same result when i fought a battle with the greek cities. It looks like the problem is general.

Quote Originally Posted by lord.pan View Post
    update: just got the same result when i fought a battle against the greek cities. It looks like the problem is general.

Okay I’ll see if I can look into it, when exactly is the crash occurring? Is it when you finish the battle between the end results and loading screen? Also does it ever crash as you’re getting near towards the battlefield during the pre battle speech? Also please upload your saves so we can test it.

yes, it always happens after the battle is over, between the end results and loading screen (when the game returns to the strategy map,), not before. How can i upload my saves? i don't know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    @durabys I have no idea, and I’m not sure why you’re having so many issues. Try launching RTR with the Alexander.exe using the -show_err -mod:RTR
    I have a Steam version. How does one do that? I created a Alexanderdesktop shortcut and out that code into it but it doesn't work.

This is how my Alexander folder looks like. RTR is the mod folder:

[IMG][/IMG]

Ripster8's Avatar Laetus

Ave, citizens! Thanks to all for your work on this mod - it is a pleasure to play RTW again. Some feedback, respectfully offered, regarding my early games as Rome:

- Romans are financially weak and unable to afford early expansion. This leaves them vulnerable to the Gauls and Macedon who grow into mega-empires quite rapidly.
    - After building the 'Civitas Romanun' building I found that there was no Roman infantry to be recruited, only Italic infantry. This was in Tarentum. Seems odd and if as intended then will limit Roman expansion even more.
    - Frustrating that in some regions I cannot recruit any units regardless of what I build there. For example, in Patavium I can't recruit any units after building the initial colony/occupation buildings. Patavium! Not clear to me how the AOR system works (but I may be an idiot, at least that's what my wife tells me!)
    - Experienced numerous CTD's after 50-75 years or so. Only one of which was a game-ender but still frustrating.
    - Hate the sieges initiated by 2-3 unit enemy forces. I imagine this is an RTW thing and not related to the mod. Related is the forts are very expensive to build - I used to use them to block the passes and protect northern Italy from attack - no longer!
    - Every family member gets the 'fat/lazy' trait unless I move them every turn. Recommend you drop that trait in the interests of avoiding micromanagement. I am not going to move every family member every turn simply to avoid that trait! There are a whole lot of fat Romans in my game!
    - Most of the candidates for adoption are over 50 years old. Had one fellow who was 74! Stay away from daughter you old scoundrel!
    - Not clear how the mega-empires (Gaul and Macedon) are fielding there armies, as I am slaying bucket-loads of their troops every other turn or so. Must be expensive!
    - AI appears to be exhausting the manpower of some cities. I was shocked to have one of my spies pass by Carthage only to discover it was down to 417 households! A harsh and gloomy people, indeed! Need to lay off on the child-sacrifice, amigos! Maybe Baal will accept goats instead...

Yes, this is my first post on this forum but I have been coming here for years. I finally registered specifically to thank you for your work on this mod, to provide you feedback and to encourage your work in the future. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Durabys View Post
    I have a Steam version. How does one do that? I created a Alexanderdesktop shortcut and out that code into it but it doesn't work.

This is how my Alexander folder looks like. RTR is the mod folder:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Go to your steam library and right click your Alexander game, select properties, and select launcher options. Then put -show_err -mod:RTR and see how that works!

Go to your steam library and right click your Alexander game, select properties, and select launcher options. Then put -show_err -mod:RTR and see how that works!
    I get this:

That’s been an error plaguing RTW players for years.. best solution is to google that error and include ‘Rome Total War’ in the search. It should give you some solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster8 View Post
    Ave, citizens! Thanks to all for your work on this mod - it is a pleasure to play RTW again. Some feedback, respectfully offered, regarding my early games as Rome:

- Romans are financially weak and unable to afford early expansion. This leaves them vulnerable to the Gauls and Macedon who grow into mega-empires quite rapidly.
    - After building the 'Civitas Romanun' building I found that there was no Roman infantry to be recruited, only Italic infantry. This was in Tarentum. Seems odd and if as intended then will limit Roman expansion even more.
    - Frustrating that in some regions I cannot recruit any units regardless of what I build there. For example, in Patavium I can't recruit any units after building the initial colony/occupation buildings. Patavium! Not clear to me how the AOR system works (but I may be an idiot, at least that's what my wife tells me!)
    - Experienced numerous CTD's after 50-75 years or so. Only one of which was a game-ender but still frustrating.
    - Hate the sieges initiated by 2-3 unit enemy forces. I imagine this is an RTW thing and not related to the mod. Related is the forts are very expensive to build - I used to use them to block the passes and protect northern Italy from attack - no longer!
    - Every family member gets the 'fat/lazy' trait unless I move them every turn. Recommend you drop that trait in the interests of avoiding micromanagement. I am not going to move every family member every turn simply to avoid that trait! There are a whole lot of fat Romans in my game!
    - Most of the candidates for adoption are over 50 years old. Had one fellow who was 74! Stay away from daughter you old scoundrel!
    - Not clear how the mega-empires (Gaul and Macedon) are fielding there armies, as I am slaying bucket-loads of their troops every other turn or so. Must be expensive!
    - AI appears to be exhausting the manpower of some cities. I was shocked to have one of my spies pass by Carthage only to discover it was down to 417 households! A harsh and gloomy people, indeed! Need to lay off on the child-sacrifice, amigos! Maybe Baal will accept goats instead...

Yes, this is my first post on this forum but I have been coming here for years. I finally registered specifically to thank you for your work on this mod, to provide you feedback and to encourage your work in the future. Thanks again!
    Hey thanks for the feedback! AoR needs to be adjusted and yes there are few regions that need some units. We made the game harder for Rome because otherwise they would blob into Germania and that was getting annoying. Factions still need to be balanced a bit and traits one day will be overhauled. As far as the game crashing, it’s mainly do to the map being a bit too complex and the vegetation having glitches.

That’s been an error plaguing RTW players for years.. best solution is to google that error and include ‘Rome Total War’ in the search. It should give you some solutions.
    Can't find it. They do talk about a solution in those threads but without links. Probably corrupted posts or something. Please help.

Could be a corrupted texture on your end? I'm out of ideas man, I'd reinstall and try again. It seems like this happens every now and again with users throughout the years. Is it just this mod? Can you play others?

Could be a corrupted texture on your end? I'm out of ideas man, I'd reinstall and try again. It seems like this happens every now and again with users throughout the years. Is it just this mod? Can you play others?
    I can play Alexander fine without the mod. Perhaps could you give me a torrent link for the Rome Total Realism 4.02 mod file. I never had problems with using files and programs downloaded via torrent (my many active Linux distro can attest to that).

Foxcon's Avatar Foederatus

i found 2 units that have weird textures
    chosen swordsmen of the free peoples (didn't checked other factions)
    The sword probably should not look like this and so does the back of their helmet
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The aorsi cavalry (sarmatians) has a shield attached to their arm which also has a dirty edge but is not to be seen from the other side

Foxcon's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcon View Post
    chosen swordsmen of the free peoples (didn't checked other factions)
    The sword probably should not look like this and so does the back of their helmet
    same goes for celtiberian swordsmen (celtiberians)