Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Laetus

Default Re: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Please detail where the bugs are happening, that way we can try to fix it.

Glad you are enjoying the campaign, I would recommend that you play on Hard difficulty because to me it's the most difficult game without being ridiculous like Very Hard difficulty is.
    Thanks for the answer! In RTW I used to play VH on campaign difficulty and would vary between VH or H on battle difficulty. However I am still not sure how does the diffilculty reflect in game exactly. Nevertheless, I'll have to restart the campaign in a harder mode.

Refering to the bugs, it's hard to specify the circumstances...

- On the army draging bug, I simply chose 2 different calvary units, a general and a random cavalry, and draged them on the map as to position them in a specific direction, right? I usually hit CTRL + 1 before doing so to position them in a line close to each other, however this once I had forgotten to chose this particular setting. I can't confirm this was the triggering tho.

- The other bug is impossible for me to put in a set of circumstances. I remember this happening maybe 3/4 times during this campaign, it's not something happening in every single ocasion but seems kinda random to me. I would simply click on the button to start the battle and the game would crash. I then would have to close sesion in my laptop to be able to finish the process in order to close the game since it wouldn't allow me to change to another window once it had frozen. I will try to focus more on the circumstances surrounding these ocasions, but for now I am not able to think of more information, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by RaulPB View Post
    Thanks for the answer! In RTW I used to play VH on campaign difficulty and would vary between VH or H on battle difficulty. However I am still not sure how does the diffilculty reflect in game exactly. Nevertheless, I'll have to restart the campaign in a harder mode.

Refering to the bugs, it's hard to specify the circumstances...

- On the army draging bug, I simply chose 2 different calvary units, a general and a random cavalry, and draged them on the map as to position them in a specific direction, right? I usually hit CTRL + 1 before doing so to position them in a line close to each other, however this once I had forgotten to chose this particular setting. I can't confirm this was the triggering tho.

- The other bug is impossible for me to put in a set of circumstances. I remember this happening maybe 3/4 times during this campaign, it's not something happening in every single ocasion but seems kinda random to me. I would simply click on the button to start the battle and the game would crash. I then would have to close sesion in my laptop to be able to finish the process in order to close the game since it wouldn't allow me to change to another window once it had frozen. I will try to focus more on the circumstances surrounding these ocasions, but for now I am not able to think of more information, sorry
    No worries thanks for the response. We aren’t really working on RTR8 anymore and thus can’t support it as well. However we will be able to answer questions when we can!

Laetus

It just happened again: dragging a cavalry army group without choosing a positioning crashes the game.

Laetus

Long spear are OP. Charging them with cavalry from behind, literally from behind, killed my general

Not sure about the dragging bug, again we aren't really supporting this anymore. We all became burnt out from it sadly.

Laetus

I can totally understand how you've become exhausted and I can guess it's been an extense hard work, however I'm simply stating here some of the bugs or featers not working in case some day in the future you might find the inspiration to complete this mod. I think you might not have gotten the credit you could deserve for this hard work nor the reward you could deserve for the result, this might not even get all the attention, advertising or plays it could potentially have. However, I'm really pleased with it, I keep playing from time to time when I got free time and I want to make my little contribution for the cause also, in case I haven't, I want to thank you guys for this gift, I would have bought this one over the vainilla any time.

On the topic, I've found there are some "areas" or specific places where one seems not to be able to fight manually (I'm the one deducing this eventho I have no solid proof). Either the game freezes once you click on the fight button in map or it freezes once you push the "start deploiment" button in the battle field. This can be kinda annoying but oh well.

This has happened to me in a little island between Greece and Turkey, I attack an army and they decide to retreat while I approach them. However, they all drown in the water, so no one survives and I get the automatic win.

There seems to be something inherently wrong with the game or with my computer's capacity since it always gets to a point where the game crashes after 1 hour of playing or a little more. Once you click on the "end turn" button, there seems to be a chance of CTD proportional to the time the game has been open.

I'm playing a VH/H game with the greeks now and I gotta say its units are utter garbage well, maybe I exagerated a bit, nonetheless, I need to rely on local units most of the time and I don't always find strong ones. Besides, in order to build the superior recruitment center, it asks me for irrigation and phalanx reforms. However, I can't seem to enable the construction of phalanx reforms...

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

@RaulPB
    Thanks for your kind feedback, I made all unit cards/info, loading screen templates, and also a certain number of unit skins and models for this mod. It was hard but rewarding work, as it was a great pleasure for a perfectionist like me to polish such a big mod quality to such a degree.

As for the issue you've found, it's because of so-called "landbridges", an interesting feature to help AI expansion, but a bit buggy when it comes to real-time battles. Actually when you try to play battle where you and your enemy are on different sides of river/sea coasts, there's a high chance of CTD or unplayable battle generated. We are really sorry for such an issue, but that's how the engine works. There are other encounters which may generate crashes too, they are connected to climate and vegetation made by Robbe Aerts (20ninescence).

Currently we are working on different projects, you can check them too: they are Ahowl's Vanilla Enchancement mod and my mod Lanjane's Barbarian Empires (and also a standalone addon Hellenistic Legacy made by crazyroman and me - see my sig).
    Have a great day!
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Hi All,

Decided to download this mod after seeing a few YT videos on it. I've got it installed in the right folder and I can load it up. However, graphically the mod is all over the place. On the campaign screen where you select factions, the picture of the faction unit is covering the faction shields that you select. Also, the map is covering the difficulty options. When I then load the campaign, it lags horrifically and is totally unplayable. The ESC menu has all the options (i.e. audio, graphics, save, load etc.) blacked out. It then generally CTD before I can even close the game. I've tried dropping graphics setting to lowest, but no effect.

Not really seen any other comments like this in the thread, so unsure what could be causing it. My rig definitely has enough grunt to play this as I've played other mods on Alexander as well as things like Stainless Steel.

Any ideas?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_90 View Post
    Hi All..........Any ideas?
    Have you tried clicking on the "check map.rwm" tab on the launcher interface?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; November 29, 2019 at 01:42 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Yep - still doesn't work after doing that

Yep - still doesn't work after doing that
    My only guess is that there is something wrong with the installation or the launcher settings that you selected. I’ve never seen nor have heard about this issue until now.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Tom_90
    Please try to run base RTW. If it works for you then copy contents of a preferences folder to RTR\preferences folder. If it does not work, try reinstalling the whole RTW.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Hi All,

Decided to download this mod after seeing a few YT videos on it. I've got it installed in the right folder and I can load it up. However, graphically the mod is all over the place. On the campaign screen where you select factions, the picture of the faction unit is covering the faction shields that you select. Also, the map is covering the difficulty options. When I then load the campaign, it lags horrifically and is totally unplayable. The ESC menu has all the options (i.e. audio, graphics, save, load etc.) blacked out. It then generally CTD before I can even close the game. I've tried dropping graphics setting to lowest, but no effect.

Not really seen any other comments like this in the thread, so unsure what could be causing it. My rig definitely has enough grunt to play this as I've played other mods on Alexander as well as things like Stainless Steel.

Any ideas?
    Have you updated the graphics driver and doing that often fix issues like the one you have now?

Also, where is RTW installed, I mean in what path e.g not in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Based on Saul's let's play, I downloaded the mod, and it seems to be very good. v4.02.

I especially like the not overcrowded map, the income/upkeep ratio, and the revised population mechanics. Nothing short of brilliant I think.

However, during the trial run (to check whether I have lag, which I sometimes do with fancy campaign maps/RSII battle environs), I failed at understanding the recruitment system and the culture conversion. Can someone help we with this?

Really esoteric bits:

1: as gaul, I have a building in my starting provinces. It doesn't show up in the building browser, and makes it possible to recruit everything? Also, there is a barracks, which seems to decrease happiness, and doesn't do anything?
    2: as a roman, I cannot recruit hastati, only italian hastati in southern italy for some reason?

3: in general, how are you supposed to keep public order while converting the settlements? I took one off of gaul, where I had 55% public order with low taxes. I built a level 1 colony, then a level 1 recruitment. The public order went down to 15-20%, and I was kicked out. Is there a method which works to pacify the provinces? Or in general, the expected outcome is that you can train troops in Italy and don't expand?

Thanks!

I will be starting to play this mod soon. For the last few weeks I have been playing the vanilla campaign. I will try to post some insightful feedback.

Hello
    In the year 266 I received a CTD on loading battle screen if I attack a Carthaginian general in the open field as a Roman with 2 generals. It doesn't matter whether I attack in the night or not.

Hi all, I read something about Parthia being able to transition to Eastern culture in RTR. Could someone please tell me how that would work?

Thank you in advance!

Hello, I am playing as the Nabataeans in RTR 8, and I have noticed that the units are extremely dark (the shading). Is there a way to increase this/make units brighter?

Quote Originally Posted by AxelDeGrote View Post
    Hi all, I read something about Parthia being able to transition to Eastern culture in RTR. Could someone please tell me how that would work?

Thank you in advance!
    Hi!

If you look into the file:
    \RTR\data\descr_sm_factions.txt

You can see Parthia is already eastern culture:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    faction parthia ;, shadowing slave
    culture eastern
    symbol models_strat/symbol_parthia.CAS
    rebel_symbol models_strat/symbol_eastern_rebel.CAS
    primary_colour red 246, green 122, blue 0
    secondary_colour red 246, green 122, blue 0
    loading_logo loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_parthia.tga
    standard_index 8
    logo_index 243
    small_logo_index 255
    triumph_value 5
    intro_movie fmv/intros/eastern_intro_640x480_bars.wmv
    victory_movie fmv/victory/eastern_outro_320x240.wmv
    defeat_movie RTR/data/fmv/lose/parthia_eliminated.wmv
    death_movie fmv/death/death_parthia_sand_320x240.wmv
    custom_battle_availability yes
    can_sap yes
    prefers_naval_invasions no

Therefore, it doesn't need to transition to Eastern culture in RTR, Parthia is already that culture.

Historically, it doesn't make any sense a sudden change of culture. It would make more sense a change of religion. I know in M2TW factions can change religion, i think that's scripted in campaign script.

Since RTR doesn't have religion implemented, i have looked into RTR background script to see if i can find a mechanic that allows a change of culture in game (which i don't think it's possible, but i took a look just in case). As a result, i didn't find any script that does that. If you look into the file of the background script:
    \RTR\data\scripts\show_me\BK_Script.txt

This is what you have:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;;; RTR Project Background Script ;;;

; === Initializing the script
    ; === Development Stuff
    ; === Miscellaneous
    ; === Auto-Merge Units Script
    ; === Peace with the dead
    ; === Money Script for the AI

I didn't find code to change culture:
    Initializing the script: it adjusts the advisor, and also do this:

Development stuff: the only thing this script does is adding 1 coin to your treasury to let you know the script started.
    It also toggles the cheat "toggle_perfect_spy" which i erased, since i have my own show_me_how script that does that.

Miscellaneous: This script does a Forced Shutdown when clicking here:
    Press 'Esc' on the campaign map, then click on the '?' button in the menu scroll to terminate the script.
    To avoid the script running when you load a game from menu, which could cause errors and CTDs in your campaign.

The other three scripts do as their name says.

So, no change of culture in game. You can do it manually, though. The available cultures in this mod are:
    greek, nomad, roman, eastern, barbarian, egyptian, carthaginian

But which culture would you assign to Parthia and why?

The manual change of culture would need to modify the file descr_sm_factions.txt, which would be easy. The difficult part is that you also have to modify the culture in export_descr_buildings.txt file, because building and recruiting is conditioned in buildings by culture.

You also would have to modigy the file:
    \RTR\data\world\maps\base\descr_regions_cultures.txt

Otherwise the high percentage of another another culture in your regions would cause a big amount of unrest and almost all your settlemens would rebel at the same time.

I think i'm not forgeting the modification of another file.

This is what i know so far, but who knows if there's a mechanic hidden somewhere that i overlooked and change of culture in game is possible? Very unlikely, though. So far, I never found a script command in docudemons to change culture, or a code able to do it.

I suppose the person who told you that in the forums could be confused, or could have thought the change of religion in Medievall ii could be the same as a change of culture in RTW?? Who knows?

I hope this helped.

CTD while returning to campaign map after the battle is over.

This is a very frustrating bug, since i just had a heroic victory and it is as if i didn't do anything.

I have the same graphics settings as with other mods, and these CTDs only happened in this mod.