How to save the game?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180429170259_1.jpg  

Default Re: RTR8 4.0 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shamilboroda View Post
    How to save the game?
    I figured it out - I should have "disable autosave"

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

I get heavy lag on most parts of the strat map even though I have a new PC (even if I turn strat map shadows of the game is unplayabe because of the lag), I don't get this lag in any other RTW mod I don't want to make drama again but I think it's caused by the strat map trees. Could anyone provide a patch with low-res trees?
    Last edited by 20ninescene; April 29, 2018 at 10:14 AM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Non-binary person View Post
    I get heavy lag on most parts of the strat map even though I have a new PC (even if I turn strat map shadows of the game is unplayabe because of the lag), I don't get this lag in any other RTW mod I don't want to make drama again but I think it's caused by the strat map trees. Could anyone provide a patch with low-res trees?
    Hi mate, that's really strange because I have absolutely no lag at all and I don't have a new or high end computer...lucky old me huh
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 29, 2018 at 10:54 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I put back the vanilla trees and the lag is fixed now, however I ran into several other issues: I'm not able to load nor save my campaign + every time I start a battle it asks to start a script. Any help would be appreciated. Also some mountains look the same as the mountains in mordor in lotrtw.

Non-binary, for trees, we have not experienced any issues. What we can do if more players have the same issue, is eventually integrate the trees into the mod as another option in our launcher. Until then we will monitor the situation.
    As for Saving, it seems like disabling the auto save in the launcher does the trick.
    For the script, we are looking into it.

Foxcon - Looking into that crash, that unit had it's model edited literally minutes before release, so we might have missed something in adding it back in.

Keep posting any issues, so far I can only count 3. We will release a patch - 4.0.1 sometime soon to fix anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamilboroda View Post
    I figured it out - I should have "disable autosave"
    Glad it's working for you but that's unlikely to have been the reason. Not being able to save is a script issue 99% of the time. If you play on one campaign and then you exit to the main menu and start a new one without turning off the script, you're going to get issues. To turn off the script in game, open up with menu on the campaign map with ESC and press the question mark in the corner. That will make it safe to start a new game. Of course, the script is also turned off if you exit the game and relaunch, I think that's why it started working for you.

So you always have to either disable the script manually or relaunch the mod before starting a new campaign.
    Last edited by BHL 20; April 29, 2018 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Non-binary person View Post
    I put back the vanilla trees and the lag is fixed now, however I ran into several other issues: I'm not able to load nor save my campaign + every time I start a battle it asks to start a script. Any help would be appreciated. Also some mountains look the same as the mountains in mordor in lotrtw.
    The annoying advisor will be fixed soon. Can you give more details about when you're not able to save? Are you never able to do it, or only sometimes? If you of all people are having problems with saving I guess it must be more complicated than forgetting to deactivate the script. I'm not able to find any such problems in the dev build.

Regarding my campaign: I exited it before starting a new one.

Something else I noticed is that the heat penalties are way too high for all climates: some are even higher than 10. The maximum should be 4 and the minimum 0 (vanilla and all other mods afaik use 1-4) otherwise troops will tire very quickly in all climates + I'm not sure if the engine supports higher values than 4.
    Last edited by 20ninescene; April 29, 2018 at 02:17 PM.

Foxcon's Avatar Foederatus

i looked into the files and there seems to be an ownership error. Not sure if this actually would cause a ctd but it is risky. Zeus confirms this.
    "east cappodocian cavalry" is only available to pontus but can be recruited by more one faction in edb

@Foxcon we use different EDUs for battles and campaign. So if it’s looks off don’t worry about it

I had lag issues on the strategy map as well.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by anduril38 View Post
    I had lag issues on the strategy map as well.
    That's because RTW engine can handle only 2Gb RAM if LAA is not enabled.
    Last edited by Lanjane; April 30, 2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Hi - I cannot save a game unless I disable the script. I've tried disabling autosave on the launcher (it doesn't autosave anyway, even when it isn't disabled) as was mentioned by Shamilboroda, but that doesn't change anything. Everything else looks and performs fine (battles etc). Just savings impossible (all greyed out). I'm running Windows 7. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Braffet View Post
    Hi - I cannot save a game unless I disable the script. I've tried disabling autosave on the launcher (it doesn't autosave anyway, even when it isn't disabled) as was mentioned by Shamilboroda, but that doesn't change anything. Everything else looks and performs fine (battles etc). Just savings impossible (all greyed out). I'm running Windows 7. Thanks
    Is it always greyed out? If you disable the script and then activate it again, can you still not save the game? Also what factions have you tried and did you perhaps rename any cities?

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    Is it always greyed out? If you disable the script and then activate it again, can you still not save the game? Also what factions have you tried and did you perhaps rename any cities?
    Its always greyed out (unless I deactivate the script by pressing the ? and pressng Esc twice). How do i reactivate the script again (apart from closing down the program and starting it up again -is that what you mean?). I've saved after deactivating (by pressing the ?) and then closed down completely, started up the program gain, opened up the save and saving works. Will the script be active in that situation, or will it save the fact that the script was inactive when I saved it, and therefore continue with the script inactive? Ive tried Seleucids Parthia Armenia Romans. And I haven't renamed any cities.

Might be interesting to note that when I disable autosave on the launcher, it saves it in the launcher, but after I use the launcher, and then access the launcher again, the disable autosave checkbox is unchecked again.

You reactivate the script the same way as you activated it initially, by clicking on a settlement and then on the advisor when it comes up (and checking if 1 denarii is added). No one on the team has ever had a problem with saving so your problem is hard to diagnose. Btw, there's going to be a patch released in the next day or two with some fixes to the mod.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Braffet View Post
    Its always greyed out (unless I deactivate the script by pressing the ? and pressng Esc twice). How do i reactivate the script again (apart from closing down the program and starting it up again -is that what you mean?). I've saved after deactivating (by pressing the ?) and then closed down completely, started up the program gain, opened up the save and saving works. Will the script be active in that situation, or will it save the fact that the script was inactive when I saved it, and therefore continue with the script inactive? Ive tried Seleucids Parthia Armenia Romans. And I haven't renamed any cities.

Might be interesting to note that when I disable autosave on the launcher, it saves it in the launcher, but after I use the launcher, and then access the launcher again, the disable autosave checkbox is unchecked again.
    I know this might sound simple and perhaps obvious but have you tried typing the save name in the box? save game is grayed out until you do that
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast