Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links {4.0 FINAL VERSION}

Default Re: 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links {4.0.2 FULL VERSION}

If it’s steam it’ll go in the Rome Total War Alexander folder

hello, the mod looks amazing but it crashes to desktop everytime I play a battle on the field, it crashes as soon as I click "start battle" or a few seconds afterwards

any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tanavar View Post
    hello, the mod looks amazing but it crashes to desktop everytime I play a battle on the field, it crashes as soon as I click "start battle" or a few seconds afterwards

any ideas on how to solve this problem?
    Did you click on check map.rwm on the launcher interface before starting the mod?
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Extracted into STEAM - Alexander folder - clicked on launcher and it does not work - this is the error I get - 'The Rome Total War excutable was not found' etc

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post
    Extracted into STEAM - Alexander folder - clicked on launcher and it does not work - this is the error I get - 'The Rome Total War excutable was not found' etc

Any ideas?
    Yes. I have recently begun playing this game again (I dabbled with it when I was younger, but largely missed the bandwagon.) After being disappointed with the base game, I looked at a lot of the big-name mods, and I felt this was the best one. I got all my friends to download it as a result. It has been a nightmare. They all had the same error you're describing.

But, I figured out what's going on.

When you unzip the file, it creates the path in your Alexander folder like RTR 2.04 > RTR > etc.

The issue is the RTR 2.04 folder. This is not part of the path that the launcher looks in. Copy the RTR folder, paste it one step back in the alexander folder, and then get rid of the RTR 2.04 folder.

Now, if I could just figure out how to play multiplayer, this mod would be a dream come true. Does anyone have any ideas? I saw a thread last year talking about multiplayer and how a method was found to play it, but I have not found any guide or breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Onawin View Post
    When you unzip the file, it creates the path in your Alexander folder like RTR 2.04 > RTR > etc.
    Derp, excuse me. 4.02.

Fighterkill's Avatar Foederatus

I had this problem also today, please update the instructions on the first post, this is not made clear at all. Also, @steelcurtain, you could have found this solution yourself on page 4, third post iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Onawin View Post
    Yes. I have recently begun playing this game again (I dabbled with it when I was younger, but largely missed the bandwagon.) After being disappointed with the base game, I looked at a lot of the big-name mods, and I felt this was the best one. I got all my friends to download it as a result. It has been a nightmare. They all had the same error you're describing.

But, I figured out what's going on.

The issue is the RTR 2.04 folder. This is not part of the path that the launcher looks in. Copy the RTR folder, paste it one step back in the alexander folder, and then get rid of the RTR 2.04 folder.

Now, if I could just figure out how to play multiplayer, this mod would be a dream come true. Does anyone have any ideas? I saw a thread last year talking about multiplayer and how a method was found to play it, but I have not found any guide or breakdown.

I have no idea what you mean with "One step back in the Alexander folder" one step back is the common folder which I have tried and it does not work after deleting RTR folder in Alexander folder.

Laetus

Hi, I have an emergency, there's been an update in Steam on the Alexander game and it's no longer posible to play the RTR game... what do I do? Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi, does the game crash me sometimes, for no apparent reason, solutions?
    hi, does the game crash me sometimes, for no apparent reason, solutions?

Not sure why the game won’t work with steam unless the launcher needs updating.
    Yes the game crashes randomly, we could never find the issue though

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Heya, so the faction selection screen is all messed up, the mini map covers most if not all of the faction icons. I can also only select provincial campaigns not the normal campaign...

salve il gioco va bene ma ho modificato il reclutamento truppe a zero turni salvo il file tutto bene parte il gioco ma quando vado nel reclutamento mi dice un turno esco dal gioco controllo il file e magicamente e tornato normale come se non avessi modificato come e possibile come posso fare

When attempting to boot up a campaign, I get "Generic Error: Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set". Steam version, no problems in vanilla, ran on high-end gaming PC. There are very few topics regarding this on the internet, and most of them are in relation to Medieval II, not Rome. The ones about Rome, mention tga.dds files (in the models/textures folder) not being converted correctly, but that doesn't seem to be the case, which wouldn't make sense anyways, as no one as mentioned this previously. I was hoping for a solution, because as it stands, I can't even get to the game map. Thank you.

Ok. I wanted to let people know here that if they also got this bug, it is fixed by turning on the "auto check rtm" option, as well as putting on "low resolution trees". I got the idea when looking through the bug forums, even though no one mentioned this issue specifically.

Is there any way to add to this mod Roman Leadership System from RTRVII?

A final release for 4.0 is now out!
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-rome-...#downloadsform

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links {4.0 FINAL VERSION}

Well done to the whole team And this isn't the end, 5.0 is being worked on!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Hello guys, wonderful mod. It is like this that vanilla should have been released by CA.
    Just a little question, i’m playing with pontus, how to get imitation legionnaries ?

Hello and thanks! I think you need to wait for the marian reforms.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast