Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links {4.0 FINAL VERSION}

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links {4.0.2 FULL VERSION}

Repost from Bugs/Issues thread.
    Reminder for Ahowl11 to update top post.

I merged all small hotfixes posted here and there from July to one file which can be easily installed over main 4.0.2 installation (cumulative minipatch).
    Includes Robbe's climate hotfix, UI/texture fixes of bugs found by Foxcon and Carthage recruitment fix by Siberian Wolf.

Attachment 355546
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Hy great mod thx. Only one question. Pesants for me 60000 denary . Is it normal?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumSpirit View Post
    Hy great mod thx. Only one question. Pesants for me 60000 denary . Is it normal?
    This was Ahowl's decision because he hates peasants and didn't want to see them recruited by AI factions in campaign. His point of view was that peasants are special unit to prevent revolting CTD.
    I have slightly different approach, for me such basic unit is one of the core elements of gameplay. That's why their cost is normal in Lanjane's Campaign Mode (select from the launcher).
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Got this mod , a few weeks ago and did some research on it . It's huge ... And very tempting to try . Two things i had in mind , i will write then down here for review ... First of all , i recall EB sporting a detailed faction documentation on their site , including all the units available , whether they were of the original roster or via reforms . Do you have in mind to do something similar ?
    There's also the limits of the Rome engine compared to its successor . Mods like DeI , utilized its full potential but ofc the game ( Rome 2 ) was made probably with the modding community in mind . So , regarding old fighting styles , like hoplite wall , is there any chance for them to eventually surface at some point , in any mod generally ? Is it possible , at all to break through the limits of the game , on that perspective ?
    On a short note ... I like this mod , would definitely reccommend it over other mods . That's not all ... It's as tempting to try as DeI , a mod made for a recent game of the series and that's saying something ... Thanks for your work !

Quote Originally Posted by S0ns0fAnarchY View Post
    There's also the limits of the Rome engine compared to its successor . Mods like DeI , utilized its full potential but ofc the game ( Rome 2 ) was made probably with the modding community in mind . So , regarding old fighting styles , like hoplite wall , is there any chance for them to eventually surface at some point , in any mod generally ? Is it possible , at all to break through the limits of the game , on that perspective ?
    You can't create any new unit formations, only adapt existing ones. There's been RTW mods which have represented the hoplite phalanx using the shield wall from BI. But RTR 8 is using the Alex exe because it has the highest model limit of the three executables and is generally acknowledged to have the best AI. As a result, shield wall isn't a possibility in this particular mod.

I've read through every post to find a resolution to my problem to no avail.

I have the Steam version of RTW and RTW-Alexander. I downloaded and unzipped RTR8 v. 4.02 and when into the RTR8 launcher folder and attempted to launch it and got this error message:

"The Rome Total War: Alexander executable was not found. Make sure have installed RTR correctly, and that the launcher the location [RTW install folder] RTR mod folder/launcher folder/RTRLauncher.exe

Can anyone help?

I've read through every post to find a resolution to my problem to no avail.

I have the Steam version of RTW and RTW-Alexander. I downloaded and unzipped RTR8 v. 4.02 and when into the RTR8 launcher folder and attempted to launch it and got this error message:

"The Rome Total War: Alexander executable was not found. Make sure have installed RTR correctly, and that the launcher the location [RTW install folder] RTR mod folder/launcher folder/RTRLauncher.exe

Can anyone help?

P.S. the recent vanilla mod works perfectly.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Have you tried putting -mod:RTR8 v 4.02 in the "set launch options"? I don't use steam but I remember someone did this with another mod who was having a similar issue
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I did but it didn't work. I'm thinking I might have left something out, or should have added something. Back to the drawing board.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Did you send a shortcut to desktop?
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Yes. It didn't work.

Default Re: 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links

Playing 4.0.2 as Rome. One of my buildings, I forget the name of it, but it's basically like an amphitheater. In the description, it says WARNING this text should never be visible. But the text is visible. Is something wrong with my installation? I have RTR in my main Rome Total War folder. RTW and BI gold edition with Alexander expansion. I believe its version 1.9

Quote Originally Posted by StargazerBranden View Post
    Playing 4.0.2 as Rome. One of my buildings, I forget the name of it, but it's basically like an amphitheater. In the description, it says WARNING this text should never be visible. But the text is visible. Is something wrong with my installation? I have RTR in my main Rome Total War folder. RTW and BI gold edition with Alexander expansion. I believe its version 1.9
    Sorry for the delayed response. No nothing is wrong it’s a generic text for buildings that were not assigned to certain factions in vanilla RTW.

Thank you for clarifying that. Love the RTR mods. You guys do great work. Still getting used to the changes in version 8. I'm still used to FoE. At least on this I don't have to worry about the Epirotes right off the bat! (Just free peoples and Carthage and the Gauls after the first few turns. Lol) Great work as always, guys!

Nice mod guys, but I can't seem to get a custom battle working. I'm using the huge unit size and I pick just a few units, when I click the button that starts the battle it just goes back to the faction selection screen and then I am unable to continue further, any help guys? I believe I have installed mod correctly by taking the RTR folder and putting it into the same folder my Rome total war ALX executable is in. I have a few other notes listed below, Thanks for the help!

Okay so some notes for guys who know what they're doing -

I clicked on the launcher and set trees to low res and selected battle mode

I turned most of my graphics settings down

Sometimes the music randomly cuts out and then the regular default Rome total war music starts playing

I have a completely fresh install of the game and the mod, I downloaded the 4.0.2 complete version of moddb and did not apply any patches

There are actually 2 alx executables in my "Rome Total War Alexander" folder, one is called "RomeTW-ALX.exe" and the other is called "testappa.exe"

Okay, actually I figured out that my steam launch options were saved even when I uninstalled the game, I'm gonna be honest with you I did not expect that. Haha sorry for buggin ya.

Hello, quick question. I played a ton of RTRPE years back and I'm wondering if RTR8 was developed from RTR6 and if VII is kind of it's own separate entity? The numbering is a bit confusing.

Plaut's Avatar Civis

i dont really know but i think that people that build rtr 6 and 7 were pretty much same (i could be wrong ofc) but for 8 it is all new team i believe ...

Quote Originally Posted by mg387 View Post
    Hello, quick question. I played a ton of RTRPE years back and I'm wondering if RTR8 was developed from RTR6 and if VII is kind of it's own separate entity? The numbering is a bit confusing.
    RTR 8 is inspired by 6 yes.

what happens if you have Rome Gold with BI AND ALEX expancions where do I put the folder for it to work

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast