Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links {4.0 FINAL VERSION}

Default 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links {4.0 FINAL VERSION}

It's that time!

After a year and a half, here is the 4.0 Beta Version.
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Hotfix 4.0.1 Download & Info

4.0.2 FULL VERSION (Recommended Download!)

All info for the mod can be found here:
    Documentation
    Screenshots

To install and Play

1) Download mod from moddb
    2) Make sure you have a properly installed game of Rome Total War with the Alexander expansion or for steam, Rome Total War - Alexander. We use the Alx.exe so RTW, BI or RTW Gold will NOT work.
    3) Extract RTR.rar into your Rome Total War Directory or Rome Total War - Alexander Directory
    4) Click on the Launcher and there you will see an option to play 3 games: 1-Campaign 2-Battles 3-Low Upkeep Campaign for a more vanilla experience.
    You can also fix your preferences here, as well as any command lines like -ne for windowed mode. Save your settings, then click on the icon in the middle to play!

Playing:
    In campaign, only the main campaign will be available. Please play on H/H as that is what we tested with. At the beginning the Script should start, you'll be able to determine that by 1 denarius being added to your treasury.
    If you want to end the script to start a new campaign, pause the game and hit '?' to kill the script. This will save you from having to exit the game.
    If playing as battles, you will have Custom Battles which includes units only relevant to the factions, and historical battles. Quick Battles are also available, but have not been updated since 3.1, so use caution.

The Low Upkeep campaign was designed by Lanjane to fit his personal playing style. Check it out if you want to not want to play a game more similar to vanilla.

The Team:
    ahowl11 - Creator, Leader
    Mausolos of Caria - Lead Historian
    Lanjane -Primary 3d/2d artist and UI maker
    Bhl_20 - Campaign Director, Balancing
    civilzadedkille - Unit Stats
    uanime5 - Coding
    Magnentius - Faction Descriptions
    Non-Binary Person - Mapping, Environments, Graphics
    Saul_Tyre - Beta Tester and Let's Player (also team DJ)
    michael333 - loading screens and miscellaneous art
    jirisys - Coding, launcher, Historical Advisor
    Suppanut - Primary advisor/XC Advisor
    Quinn_Inuit - ExRM Advisor
    Paidios Alexandros - Historian
    Xeofox - Saka Advisor, Saka Units
    benz282 - Beta Tester
    Vrosivs Avgvsvs Ravkvs - Public Relations
    Imix God - Beta Tester
    Vincent Butler - Testing
    b257 - Tester
    cyprian2 - Tester
    elfuego - Site and Git Admin
    Gigantus - Advice, Help
    huriel21 - Units
    ibsxypnts - Tester
    Jackasaurus - Let's Player
    Jubal_Barca - Exilian Host and Moddb support
    kirilakristi - Tester
    Mandoni - Numantia Battle
    Muizer -Mapping, Advice
    plaut85 - Testing
    puki194 - Testing
    vashiyusef - Website and Public Relations Advice
    xsithspawnx - Testing
    webMaster412160 - Testing

From the RTR team we thank you!

Foederatus

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta 4.0 Released! DOWNLOAD LINK

Well Done Congrats to everyone

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Congratulations for the release!
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Finally!!

Thanks for the whole team!!!

Thanks, I'll wait a month or two till biggest bugs are going to be fixed properly before download this mod - guys, it's huge! It's a problem if you have a low cost giga-capped and speed-capped connection like me.

can somebody put up a torrent, moddb is overloaded and its telling me 2 hours and im afraid its going to error before it actually downloads

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Congratz with the release!

Alright I got me some download managed and now Im looking at swift 20 minutes so it shouldnt be a problem after all

Alright let's go!
    I gotta say I love the new starting style with basic units and the way you need to slowly upgrade,
    good job !

Uesugi1971 - I think you should try downloading it before you go to bed one night, and in the morning it will be there. As far as bugs, this is a mod we have tested all the way up to 8 BC with little to no issues. It only stopped at 8BC because our ai faction was destroyed! We will be releasing patches ASAP.

Dapacem - Glad you could get it in a timely manner, enjoy!

MyMumsCar - Thanks, we had the same vision! We believe the game is more engaging when you start with a 'bare bones' approach, instead of starting with everything handed to you. Enjoy!

Thanks for downloading everyone! We are almost to 50. Tell your friends, and post your experiences here on the forum as we try to grow this once awesome community!

I have one thing I would like to ask you, I noticed the difference between hoplite and militia hoplite is militia has one point lower defense. Overall alot of units are very close to each other in stats. Are the differences between units hidden in something else when it comes to gameplay or why is it like that?

Also my campiagn screen is bugged and all the images kinda overflop the faction options and such thing but I managed to get around it however I cant choose to govern provinces where I dont have a governor, is this a feature of this mod or a bug?

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Congratuations! Downloading right now.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Dapacem View Post
    Also my campiagn screen is bugged and all the images kinda overflop the faction options and such thing but I managed to get around it however I cant choose to govern provinces where I dont have a governor, is this a feature of this mod or a bug?
    Oh that's a general RTW thing. In the factions selection screen there's a "Manage All Settlements" option, you must have left it unchecked. You can change it during the campaign as well. Just open the menu and go to game options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapacem View Post
    I have one thing I would like to ask you, I noticed the difference between hoplite and militia hoplite is militia has one point lower defense. Overall alot of units are very close to each other in stats. Are the differences between units hidden in something else when it comes to gameplay or why is it like that?
    Hey there,
    I'm the guy doing the unit stats for rtr8.To answer your question, we've had a lot of new units added, some got re-textured and we practically overhauled our stats system,so I opted to simply balance them.
    However,it's my top priority to make each unit feel unique for the next major release.

As for the hoplites in particular: all the greek city states used their able male population as soldiers when the need arose.Depending on what equipment each citizen could afford (thorax,spear,hoplon,sling,javelins) they would be assigned to different roles.Effectively every male citizen knew how the hoplite-phalanx worked and the ones with the equipment to be part of it,were also drilled.The naming "militia" or "Ekdromoi" as they are called in-game can be thus misleading."Militia" is simply a term we would use today but had would not differentiate them back then as even the ones used in expeditions were in essence armed citizens."Ekdromoi" usually refers to lighter armoured hoplites that would occasionally fight outside of the formation, which I am aware is not how our "Ekdromoi" look like so I understand why you'd question it.
    Regardless, allow me continue my babbling and say that save for a few elite units like the "Athenian Epilektoi" ,literally "Athenian Elite" which would be better equipped,well drilled and disciplined, the rest were more or less of equal caliber.Although they might seem as just another common unit in-game they were the reason the Greeks had maintained their freedom and had expanded throughout the Mediterranean until Rome came along.
    Last edited by civilzadedkille; April 30, 2018 at 03:02 AM.

Very happy to see that RTR8 is realased. Kepping the RTW Mod Community alive!! Congratulations!!
    Downloading right now!!

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

It actually seems to work on Mac , although I have yet to try settlement battles. One unfortunate thing is that ALL the water in the campaign map is synced and cluttered with strange white dots. Anyone know what might be causing this, I am guessing it's the new campaign map water graphics? If someone gave me what files this graphics replacer touches I can revert back to vanilla. Cannot play until it gets resolved! Thanks for your time

May I have a little help with installation please :-) I know the instructions are simple, but I always manage to get confused. I have the non-steam version. I have installed Rome Gold, with BI and also Alexander into a custom folder (named RTR4). There are the usual folders, e.g., 'alexander,' 'BI,' 'data,' etc. Do I extract into the general Rome Total War directory, or, into the Alexander subfolder? Thank you for any advice.

Extract into the RTW directory

Default Re: 4.0 DOWNLOAD, Hotfixes, Patches, Links

HOTFIX RELEASE
    RTR8 v4.0.1
    DOWNLOAD

The first bugs and issues have been fixed as well as a small makeover of a few of our Arab AoR Units by Lanjane!

• Fixed: Dahae Skirmisher Cavalry
    • Fixed: Eastern Cavalry
    • Fixed: Arab Hillmen
    • Replaced: Menu Music Opening Song
    • Added: New Low-Res Trees and Low Res Tree Option to Launcher
    • Added: Native Recruitment UI
    • Fixed: Nabataean Native AoR
    • Fixed: Hegra AoR
    • Fixed: Script
    • Updated: Arab Hillmen (Third from Left)
    • Updated: Arab Archers (2nd from Left)
    • Updated: Arab Axemen (Far Left)
    • Updated: Nabataean/Arab Officers and Standard Bearer

To Install:
    Extract into the same directory that your RTR modfolder is installed and overwrite all of your files! In the launcher, DELETE MAP.RWM before playing!
    Credits:
    Non-Binary Person for his Low-Res Trees
    EB for some model and texture elements
    Winds of the East Mod for some model and texture elements

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast